Chapter 1.

Too shy to say goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You always liked reading, since you were very little. You remember your mother reading stories to you before going to bed, and your dad helping you to learn how to read by your own.
Reading a book was like living a new exciting life, you could be anything you wanted to: a heroin, a princess, a witch or a queen and that was what you liked the most.
Your imagination started to grow page by page, book by book and never stopped.

When you started to go to school you realized you were different from your friends; they liked to play in the garden, under the sun while you preferred staying indoors because of the heat, reading something in the library.
They always organized parties and you always went to, but you never liked going there with all that kids that screamed and threw things.
You preferred quite, peace.
You preferred to be alone, you liked it.

When you were 15 people started to avoid you, calling you a “loser” because you didn’t go out with them and because you were always in the school library, alone.
You knew that it wasn’t something to take too seriously,  girls and guys in that age can be really terrible.
Your parents tried to help you with what they think it was shyness, not realizing that you just didn’t like staying with people.
They didn’t have the same interests as you, they weren’t particularly funny or smart so why wasting your time with them?

But one day while you were in the library,  you spotted a short girl with long black hair and big round glasses that was reading something sitting at your seat.
Ok, it wasn’t your seat because you couldn’t book one but you always sat there since you were 11.
Gathering some courage you walked to her and you were ready to fight her (obviously not physically), when you saw the book she was reading. It was the same book you were holding and you were taken aback, all your self-confidence vanished in the thin air of November that entered through the old windows.
She looked up probably after feeling your eyes on her.
Her fringe was almost covering her eyes, and her gold glasses made her look funny. She was wearing a big grey sweater that looked incredibly fluffy and warm.
Her big round eyes were looking curiously at you, probably questioning herself who were you.

“Need something?” She whispered in a very soft voice, you mastered to mumble something when she saw you were holding a book. She smiled and looked at you “I am reading the same thing, where are you at?”
You didn’t know what to do, you had a plan: go there and claim your seat, sit back at your spot and that’s it; but as usual, nothing went as planned.
She indicated the seat next to her, silently asking you to join her and you did so.

Since that moment you and Jimin were inseparable.

You were glued together most of the time, you always spent your free time together reading and talking about your dreams and future.
Jimin wanted to become a reporter, she always practised in your bedroom pretending to read some news that you wrote.
You, on the other hand, wanted to become a writer. You wanted to write books for young adults, but not the usual romantic ones.
You wanted to write something the 15-year-old you would have been inspired of, you wanted to write about strong women and their adventures.

The both of you worked hard and supported each other in order to make all of that reality.
Once you graduated from high school, you both got accepted in a very important university pretty far away from where you lived.

You remember the day you left, your mum crying and waving at you from the garden of your little house, your dog trying to follow the bus while your father just proudly smiled at you.
Leaving the small city you spent most of your life in, felt great.
It felt like you were really starting your life from the very moment your feet touched the ground of the campus.

- - -

You and Jimin shared the room with another girl, her name was Naeun and she was probably the most beautiful woman you’ve ever seen. She had long healthy hair, a well-toned physic and a beautiful smile.
She was not only just beautiful but she was even funny and nice, basically perfect.
She was studying journalism and she wanted to write for some magazines because she was very interested in fashion, you noticed that by all the old magazines that were stored in her bedroom and all the photos that hang on the wall.

The three of you were really similar, you liked peace and silence, you liked having your personal space but it didn’t mean you didn’t care.

It was the first time you felt li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter