Pink or Blue

Peek a boo: Pink or blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1am, said the two needles on his watch. Sehun was extremely tired. All he wanted to do was sleep - thank God, he was finally home!! He slowly opened the front door and entered. The whole house was silent, devoid of any life, which was not what he expected. Usually his husband would come and greet him but what happened today..

Oh God!! Sehun forgot again. His husband had wanted to have a movie night with him because he had been quite busy these days. He didn’t remember about it and now he was so late. Sehun felt sorry. He couldn’t be the good husband while his other half was a perfect one. He decided to ask for his forgiveness.

“Jongin??” He called his husband but received no answer.

“Jongin? Love, where are you?” Sehun called him few times without receiving any answer. He began to panic and his mind raced.

‘Jongin never does this. Did… did something happen to him? Oh no, I’ve been so busy that I didn’t even try to check on him. I’m such a horrible husband.’ Sehun was about to breakdown when he felt a familiar pair of hands cover his eyes from behind.

“Jongin?” He whispered.

 

“Yes, Hunnie!!” the sweet voice replied.

Not wasting another second, Sehun turned around, engulfing Jongin in a bone crushing hug. Jongin was slightly taken aback when he felt something wet against his skin.

“Sehun? Are you crying?” Sehun shook his head, wrapping his hands more tightly around him. “I… I was scared. I thought something happened to you. Or, you… you left me.” Sehun took Jongin’s hand to his cheek and nuzzled his face more into it.

“No, Sehun. Leaving you is the last thing I want. And I already told you, I’m not gonna leave you even if you want it, stupid. You’re only mine. I'm sorry I scared you, but you know, it's so late. So, I could have just been sleeping.” Sehun batted his eyes for a moment before smiling, giving Jongin another hug. "True... you could have been asleep... you just always come to greet me. So, I just…."

 

“Stupid.” Jongin said giving Sehun a glass of water. “Now come with me, my stupid husband.” Jongin pulled Sehun into their room.

 

Sehun was shocked to see their room decorated beautifully with lots of lights and scented candles. Balloons of different colours were spread throughout the room and slow music was playing softly in the background. The decorations were quite simple, just like he adored. But he couldn’t understand why Jongin suddenly decorated the living room.

 

“Happy birthday, Hunnie!!” Jongin whispered giving Sehun a peck on the cheek. Birthday? He checked the date on his phone. 12th April. Yeah, it’s his birthday! Damn, he must have forgotten it again... he had been under so much stress at work...

 

“You forgot again," Jongin said with a smile.

“And you remembered it, like always.”

“How could I forget it when in this day the most precious person of my life came to life?” Jongin had always been like this. Sweet and affectionate. Sehun never liked to celebrate his birthday. On the said date, he had always been reminded how unwanted he was by his parents. But ever since he had met Jongin everything changed in his life including himself. He made Sehun love himself and feel like he mattered.

Sehun couldn’t help but pull Jongin in his arms for a sweet kiss. He felt Jongin smile between the kiss which made him smile as well. Slowly breaking the kiss, Jongin urged Sehun to cut the cake, which he did happily.

“So, where is my gift?” Sehun asked teasingly.

“Isn’t this enough?”

“Nah, birthday boy wants his gift.”

“Umm… then, am not I enough for it?” Jongin gestured to himself.

“More than enough.” Sehun said, covering the distance between them for another kiss.

Jongin gently removed Sehun’s hand from his waist while they were kissing. He felt Jongin sliding something in his hand. He looked and saw an envelope.

“What’s this, Nini?” he asked, eying the envelope.

“A birthday gift for a grumpy birthday boy" Jongin murmured. "Open it.”

The envelope had a photo, or more like a copy, of something he couldn’t put his finger on. He inspected it for some time. The copy wasn’t clear which kind of irritated Sehun but from the looks he was getting from his husband he could say Jongin was excited and he wanted Sehun to get it himself. Then, Sehun’s eyes widened with realization. He didn't know whether he should laugh or cry.

“Jongin…. Is… is this true? Are you… are you… we… am I… am I going to be a father?” Jongin nodded wiping tears of happiness from Sehun’s cheeks - tears he didn’t realize were flowing.

“Yes, Sehun. You’re going to be a father. We’re going to be parents. I’m pregnant.” Jongin said smiling brightly.

Sehun was on cloud nine. He couldn’t believe his fate was this good. Just few days before he wanted to tell Jongin about his wish to start a family and here his husband just gifted him with one.

“Do you like your gift, Hunnie?” Jongin asked planting a kiss on his husband’s cheek. Sehun was having a hard time to find the right words. So, instead of speaking, he lifted his husband high and started twirling him. Jongin was startled by the sudden action and let out a loud scream but smiled later seeing his love so happy.

Sehun slowly lowered Jongin, joining their forehead. He slowly put his hand on Jongin’s stomach and caressed it with the pad of his fingers. None of them spoke a word and enjoyed the serenity of the moment.

Sehun bent down and slowly lifted Jongin’s shirt, exposing his stomach which was yet to show. He planted a kiss there and slowly whispered, “Hey there little one! Do you know me?” Sehun acted as though he’s talking with a real human instead of his husand’s stomach. “I think your father must have told you but let me introduce myself. I’m your other father, your dada.” He kissed the same place again. He heard Jongin yawning. “I’m sorry baby. It’s very late. You must be feeling very sleepy, right? Sorry baby, dada was so excited that he didn’t notice the time. Have a beautiful night little one.”

Sehun put his ear on Jongin’s stomach as if he’s listening their baby’s words. “Oh, you want to say good night to us? Jongin, baby is wishing us goodnight!! Good night to you too, little one.” Sehun rubbed his nose against the soft stomach and kissed it continuously.

The heart-warming interaction between the father and their unborn kid brought tears in Jongin’s eyes. Sehun heard the sniffing sound and engulfed Jongin into a warm hug. He gently kissed the top of Jongin’s head, “What happened love?” Jongin shook his head wordlessly, burying his face in his husband’s chest.

******************************************

Like every morning, that morning too Jongin expected to wake up in his husband’s arms. But what woke him up was the slow whisper of words and the soft feathery touches on his stomach. He opened his eyes to witness Sehun caressing his stomach with small kisses.

“Little one, why did you wake up so soon? You need to sleep a loooooot, ok. Now be a good kid and sleep.” Sehun again put his ear against Jongin’s stomach to hear their baby’s words. “I’m so sorry baby. I know I’ve been very bad to your papa and you. I’ve been too busy to spend time with you both but don’t worry!! From now on, dada will spend looots of time with you and your papa. We’ll go to the park and the river nearby, we'll do lots of shopping and we'll buy so many toys. When you’ll come out, we’ll play with them. Now, please forgive your dada, baby. Please.” Sehun heard, or more like pretended, to hear the baby’s words. With a smile, he said, “Love you too, baby.”

“You know, baby," Jongin said, deciding to play along. "Your dad is dumb like I always tell you. He thinks about unnecessary things all the time. Isn’t it true that we both aren’t angry with him? Now tell him that the baby and baby’s papa love him to death.” Sehun chuckled and draped an arm on him and pulled him closer. Jongin closed his eyes when he felt Sehun kissing his forehead.

“But I’m really sorry, Nini. Even when I didn’t know about our baby, I’ve been too busy to spend time with you. I just…”

“And I know you can’t do anything about it even if you want to, which I completely understand. You don’t need to worry about it.” Jongin found himself in another bone crushing hug. Sehun leaned his forehead against Jongin's and lost himself in his husband’s soft brown gaze. Sehun’s deep brown orbs were looking at the other's with so much love and affection in them that Jongin couldn’t remove his eyes from them.

“Still, I want to make it up to you.” Sehun pulled Jongin gently on the top of him, so that his head could lay against his chest.

“It’s more than enough, Hun," Jongin murmured. "And the baby and baby’s papa will not let you go when they’ll need you. Isn’t that right, baby?” Jongin said looking down at his stomach.

“Gosh, I can’t believe I’m going to be a dad!” Sehun chuckled.

"Believe it, Mr husband. You are going to be a dad,” Jongin said with a small laugh.

******************************************

“How old is our baby?” Sehun asked in the next evening while they were having dinner.

“13 weeks,” Jongin replied while eating pancakes with kimchi. Recently he was having weird craving for food.

“13 weeks and you only told me few days before?” Sehun pretended to be hurt.

“I’m sorry, Hunnie. I’ve been trying to tell you this but you always seem so tired when you come back home and sleep as soon as you finish dinner. Then I remembered your birthday and I couldn’t decide which gift I should give you. So, I thought this would be the best gift.” Jongin started crying. A startled Sehun pulled him in his arms asking him the reason of his crying. Jongin blamed the hormonal changes in his body for being so sensitive.

 

“How did you know you’re pregnant?” Sehun wanted to witness every small change on Jongin’s body during his pregnancy and determined to listen to the moments he missed.

 

“At first, I felt drowsy and nauseous," Jongin explained. "I felt tired even when I just woke up. Don’t even ask about the urge to pee. I need to use the bathroom every hour, every minute you can say. Ughh, there is morning sickness too. I vomited a lot and crave for weird kind of food. I hated the smell of my own perfume but yours is quite intoxicating. I even wore your shirts sometimes.” Sehun remembered that time. When he had asked Jongin about it that day, he had replied, “I love the way you smell.”

“Then I went to the doctor and he said I’m 8 weeks pregnant after running some tests." Jongin continued. "On the 12th week, I went for an ultrasound and gave you the copy of it.”

 

Sehun ran immediately to their bedroom and returned to the kitchen, the sonography report in his hand. “Can you show me where our baby is?” He could see it himself, or at least he thought he did. He just wanted to be sure.

Jongin nodded. “Can you see the white spot at the centre? That’s our baby.” Jongin excitedly pointed at the small white bulb. Seeing the image of their little bundle of happiness made Sehun’s heart swell with joy, which appeared as a big grin in his face.

Jongin observed Sehun’s face carefully; he was looking at the ultrasound report like he was looking at their baby. He looked like he was at the verge of tears. “I… We did…. We did that?” Sehun asked with cute glassy eyes.

Jongin laughed and said, “Yes, we did that.”

******************************************

Sehun came back home sooner than he had ever done before, his hands full of shopping bags.

“Jongin!” He called excitedly as he shut the door behind him. “Baby! Come down.” He couldn’t control his excitement and ran into their room, the bags left on the living room floor.

He scooped Jongin, who was lying in bed, in his arms and ran back to their living room.

“Slow down, Hun.” Jongin yelled throwing his arms around Sehun’s neck to hold him tightly. Sehun had been so hyper ever since he broke the news of his pregnancy, but this side of Sehun was really something else. He felt so happy seeing his husband like that.

Jongin’s eyes widened seeing so much shopping bags on the floor. Sehun grinned from ear to ear showing them to him.

“What are they, Hun?” Jongin opened the bags and saw different types of baby clothes inside - both for boys and girls.

“I don’t know if our peanut there is a baby boy or baby girl. So, I brought clothes and toys for both.” Sehun buried his face in Jongin’s stomach and planted feather-like kisses there. Jongin’s stomach had started swelling a little by now, which Sehun liked to map with his kisses.

He excitedly showed Jongin all the clothes saying which ones were for boys and which were for girls. He even brought baby aprons, boots, mittens, different coloured bonnets with lots of pushies and soft toys. He even brought shoes that made cute noises. To show Jongin how it sounded Sehun squeezed them, earning a ‘ping pong’ sound which made them laugh.

Jongin couldn’t control himself anymore and pulled Sehun in for a kiss, earning a startled squeak from the said man. They shared a kiss full of passion and love. However, the next one wasn’t like that. They both kissed each other with so much depth, filled with unspoken emotions.

Sehun pulled on Jongin’s bottom lip with his, and pressed a long, close kiss on his mouth. They broke the kiss and rested their foreheads against each other when they ran out of oxygen.

Sehun admired the view in front of him a lot…. Jongin breathing heavily, with closed eyes and a flushed face. He pressed his lips on the corner of Jongin’s mouth, and then proceeded to leave kisses all over his face. He again claimed Jongin’s plush lips in a toe-curling kiss. Jongin's fingers tangled themselves in Sehun’s hair and he slightly grinded his hips against him.

 

“Jongin…” Sehun moaned, which was a total turn on for Jongin. He kissed Sehun all over his jawline to his neck. He the skin against his neck and collarbones, where he knew Sehun was sensitive and elicited more moans. Sehun knew that pregnant people often feel , and seeing his pregnant husband like that was very arousing, but he didn’t want to hurt their baby.

“Jongin, stop…” he hissed when Jongin palmed his visible tent, trying not to let out another moan.

 

“Why, Sehun? Don’t you want this?” Jongin asked teasingly, his finger running against the length of Sehun's clothes member.

“I… I want it too... Ah!" Sehun was having a hard time talking as Jongin gently bit his s through his shirt. "But I don’t want to hurt our baby.”

“Dont' be silly, Hunnie, this will not hurt baby, trust me.” Jongin reached out to Sehun's shirt while leaning in for another kiss.

Sehun pushed Jongin back and gently kissed his forehead before saying, “Baby, please!!I don’t want us to hurt out little bean down there. Please.”

 

“But Sehun… it’s not me only who wants it. Every pregnant person feels it and they do have .” Jongin sniffed. "And we haven't made love for so long... since you were so tired lately due to working late..."

 

“But…”

 

“I know Sehun, you don’t want to hurt our baby.” Jongin got up and went to their room. Sehun was aghast but followed him. When he was about to enter their room, Jongin stopped him.

 

“Where are you coming?" he asked coldly, lying down in the bed and grabbing a book. "You aren’t allowed inside.” Wasn’t he and happy few seconds before?

 

Jongin was having horrible mood swings. One moment he was all smiley while the next moment he was crying and then he behaved like he wanted to kill someone. Sehun was having a hard time coping with that. But he’s his husband after all. So, Sehun, being the sweetheart, accepted it without complains. God knew how long he would have to sleep on the couch...

 

Later that night Sehun woke up from Jongin's screams in the kitchen because he wanted to have pizza with extra spice and cheese with vanilla ice cream but there wasn't any in the fridge. If Sehun remembered correctly, Jongin hated vanilla... but now he wanted it. Urgh, pregnancy and the hormonal changes...

 

****************************************

Sehun had been so happy ever since Jongin broke the news of his pregnancy. He came back sooner from work every day and spent time with his husband. Today he was extra happy and excited because Jongin was in his 18th week and they could have their second sonography.

Sehun woke up earlier than ever. Thus, Jongin had to wake up as his husband again started talking to their baby.

“Hey there, peanut. You didn’t forget dada, did you? You know, dada is very excited today. Ohh, you wanna know why? Because dada is gonna see you for the first time in tv. You must have grown up a lot, didn’t you? Ohh, you became stronger too. Dada wants to see you soon too but you’ve been making papa tired a lot and he doesn’t like to wake up soon.…” The dada-baby conversation abruptly came to halt when Jongin groaned and threw a pillow to Sehun saying it’s too early to wake up. He pulled Sehun down and snuggled closer to him. He really loved the way Sehun smelled, and his warmth made Jongin feel safe.

 

They went to the hospital sooner than the time of the appointment because a certain someone aka Sehun couldn’t control his excitement and scooped Jongin in his arms every time he stood to walk. He even dressed Jongin himself saying they’re going to be late because Jongin had been very slow, earning a smack in return.

Jongin rolled his eyes seeing Sehun’s enthusiasm. His husband had been running from here to there to do everything. Even in the kitchen, despite being a horrible cook, he helped Jongin…. more like increased his work. Jongin literally had to threaten him with a knife to leave the kitchen… He smacked Sehun again when the said man tried to feed him.

The obstetrician smiled at the couple when they were in the doctor's office. “I can see your bump grew bigger, Mr Oh.” He chuckled as Jongin blushed and asked him to lie down on the bed who was closely followed by a curious Sehun. Jongin lifted his shirt to show his stomach to the obstetrician.

“I really like the idea of mapping the bump with bluish-pink marks, Mr Oh. I will surely do it with my wife when she’ll get pregnant.” The doctor said, seeing the marks all over Jongin’s stomach made by Sehun. Both males blushed at the straight statement. Jongin groaned, and smacked Sehun again. “My husband there doesn’t want to have with me saying it’ll hurt our baby, but he likes to my belly because according to him our baby likes it. Mr dumb Sehun doesn’t know it won’t hurt the baby.” The doctor forced himself not to laugh.

 

"He is absolutely right, it won't hurt the foetus." Sehun turned red and nodded.

 

The obstetrician put a cool gel on Jongin’s stomach and asked them to look at the screen. Sehun became so nervous that he held Jongin’s hand tighter than he normally would. Jongin gave him a reassuring smile. The doctor started moving the scanner on his stomach.

 

Both Sehun and Jongin stared at the screen excitedly, gripping each other’s hands even more tightly. Jongin saw Sehun biting his lower lip. He let his free hand run on Sehun’s in an assuring manner. Sehun gave him a small smile and returned his gaze to the black screen. With a sudden flicker, the screen lit up. Their breath stilled and eyes zeroed on the centre of the screen. There was the white bulb again, slightly bigger of course.

 

“Our…. our sunshine, Jongin...” Sehun looked at him with the widest smile he had ever seen. Even though it’s Jongin’s second time, he was mesmerised as well and Sehun…. Well… he had his fist in his mouth to stop himself from crying out loud. Soon the room was filled up with soft thu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter