Chapter Four

Too Easy
Please log in to read the full chapter
Double update! Read the previous chapter first :)

 

 

It was Wednesday and she had just finished her first weekly karate training. It was 8 p.m when she walked out of the university's gate. Hyeri was home long ago obviously, having gone straight to their apartment right after she finished her last class in the afternoon. So here she was, walking alone on the street. Fortunately, there were still many people around so she was not really scared of walking alone.

 

Not until she had to walk through an alleyway. The nearer she was to the alleyway, the lesser people were around her. She fastened her pace when she noticed a group of men smoking in the alleyway. Her pace was fast and confident, not wanting to show her fear to the men.

 

She could feel their eyes on her when she walked pass them and tightened her grip on her bag strap when she heard one of them whistle and call her with endearments which sounded disgusting coming out of their mouth. Ignoring them, she kept on walking, praying that they were not following her to her apartment. But it seemed like her prayer was futile when she heard steps following her.

 

 

-

 

Have you ever done something but you don't know why the heck are you doing it, but you still do it anyway? Well, that was what Sehun was doing right now. He was at the convenience store,  standing in front of the ice cream freezer for 15 minutes already. He had no purpose coming here, well, he did have one purpose but he refused to admit it.

 

I need ice creams. He convinced himself. Yes, ice creams. He then slid the glass door of the freezer and picked up random flavours of ice creams. 

 

He ruffled his hair with a frustrated groan once he was out of the convenience store. What the am I doing. 

 

Sighing, he began walking to his car with a bag of ice creams in his hand. Before he could reach his car, he catched a familiar scent and his eyes flashed in recognition.  This scent. The scent that belonged to the human that caused him sleepless nights. She must be near. He thought  while his eyes searched frantically for the girl. Seconds later, he spotted her walking at the other side of the road. She was quite far away from him, allowing him to think about what he should do before she was out of his sight. 

 

He contemplated on following her and unsurprisingly, he did just that. 

 

-

 

He had been following her for a few minutes now, not forgetting to mind the distance as he did not want her to freak out. He continued to follow her until she reached the alleyway. From his position, he could see about four men in the alleyway and although it was subtle, he could feel that she was scared. Of course, being a gentleman that he was, he was going to save a damsel in distress that was his mate. He smirked. Sehun 1, Chanyeol 0.

 

 

Walking closer, his eyes flashed when he saw one of the men following her. He was about to jump at the man when he witnessed his mate moved swiftly to strike the man near her in the face, causing the man to stagger backward. The man cursed at her and from where Sehun was standing, he was close enough to see her expression. He could make out the smirk on her face when the man approached her with his fist clenched. She freaking smirked.  that's so hot.

 

 

He should be helping her right now, he was a gentleman after all but he was too starstruck to move, so he just watched the small girl took down a man after another. Holy .

 

-

 

She tightened her ponytail once the last man had collapsed, breath ragged but satisfaction was written clearly on her face. It's been a while. She thought while wiping her sweat with her arm. Since today's training was her first, they only did the basic moves. She actually had missed an actual fight as it had been almost two years since she stopped doing Karate.

 

She fixed her bag on her shoulders, and scanned her eyes around, in case she had dropped something of her belonging somewhere. Once she had confirmed that all of her stuff were with her, she turned around to continue her journey to her apartment but a call from someone shocked her to death as she did not notice anyone there aside from her and the unconscious men on the ground. She turned back around, ready to strike when she accidentally stepped on one of the unconscious men's arm, causing her to fall backward. A pain surged seared her right ankle, causing her to whimper in pain.

 

"Oh, ." Sehun went to her immediately and crouched down to her level. "I'm so sorry." He panicked when he heard her whimper, her hands on her ankle. Without thinking twice, he lifted the girl up in his arms, carrying her bridal style. "Yah! What are you doing?!" The girl cried out and trashed around in his hold, "Let me down!"

 

"Hey, hey it's okay. I'm just going to bring you to the clinic. I'm not a ert, I swear!" he tried to convince her but she still could not stay still and asked him to let her go while calling him a ert. He raked his brain to come up with something to calm her down, "You know Kim Jongin, I'm his friend." Then, he realized he sounded creepier and added, "I saw your nametag! Sohyang University. You are studying there, right?"

 

"How is that gonna convince me that you're not dangerous?" she asked, but despite her words, she stopped trashing around in his arms after hearing the familiar name.

 

Sehun could not help but to let out a small smile. "But it calms you down, right?" he began walking once the girl stayed still in his arms.

 

She looked down, realizing that he was right. Maybe he is really going to help. He did not seem like a bad person to her actually, compared to the group of men earlier that radiated dangerous vibe from miles away. "Have I met you before?" she asked with a frown on her face, after she studied his face carefully. She swore she had seen him before.

 

"Yeah, at the convenience store few days ago." he answered her honestly because according to his Chanyeol hyung, 'Lovers have to be honest with each other.' He slapped himself mentally at his thought. Pull yourself together!

 

"Oh." she said when she remembered the episode in the convenience store. She frowned, What is it with her and golden contact lenses guys? Speaking about that...

 

"Do you know Park Chanyeol, then? Since you said you know Mr. Kim." earning a nod from him. Feeling tired, she rested her head in his shoulder. "Is he your friend too?" she asked, voice almost inaudible. It was so calm and comfortable in his arms she could sleep righ

Please log in to read the full chapter