Step 4. The first day

Achieve Success

Kim DaHyun woke up no light any dawn. Her energy was already breaking over the edge, and she needed to be thrown out. Therefore, without losing a minute, she quickly went into the bathroom, making sure that her sister was still sleeping on the way. Quietly, in order not to wake up, she the water in the tap, washed her face, brushed her teeth, and looked in the mirror.

-I thought it would be worse, - she said to herself, looking at her face from all sides. - And yet it was not necessary yesterday, for the night there are those wings.

Once again, rinsing her face with cold water, wiped herself with a towel, left the bathroom. She returned to her, her eyes fell on the glowing screen of the phone:

-Ah, yes, I forgot to check the message! - slapped her forehead, then grimaced at imaginary pain. Opened sms, read:

Your work begins around 10:00. The director asks you to come to his office at 09:30 to discuss all the details. ”

- Ha, short and clear! Now how much is there? - I squinted, saw. - Oh, just 05:17! Aigoo, I liked the idea of ​​work too much that I got up so early - she laughed embarrassedly at her nervousness.

-More precisely, you like the idea of ​​seeing your girlfriend, Dubu. - Eunji grinned as she entered her sister's room. The girl screamed and turned to her voice. – Ha-ha-ha, Dubu your expression is incomparable!

-Unnie, don’t be so scared, - she clutched her heart, dramatically built her face, but it didn’t last for a long time, a smile appeared immediately. - Although you're right, I want to see Chaeyoung!

-What will you do when you see her? - The older sister asked interestedly, sitting down on the edge of the bed, looking fondly at the serious expression on her face.

-What should I do, unnie I can’t fall into the mud with my face in front of her - she nervously began to wring my hands, bite my lower lip.

-Just be yourself. You will charm her, Dahyunie.

***

Park Jin-yong was expecting a girl in his office who agreed to replace a regular vocal coach. He doubted whether she was good, but he always looked for a new approach to solving the problem. If Minji says that the girl is talented, then it is.

-Director, they came to you here, - the secretary's voice said through the loudspeaker.

He, without hesitation, asked to let me in. When the door opened a little, he got up and left the table to greet the girl. What was his surprise when he saw the one whom he did not expect.

-Hello, I'm Kim DaHyun, nice to meet you, Director, - the red-haired girl bowed respectfully, then smiled so that her eyes completely disappeared into the crescent.

-I'm glad to finally meet you too.” So, are you a replacement for MJ? Do you know what the job is connected with?

- Yes, my sister said. You need a pianist - the girl answered confidently, looking around. There were so many different trophies, platinum records in the office, eyes were running wide.

-I need a vocal coach, - the director corrected.

-Yes, I mean the same thing, - DaHyun agreed, meeting her eyes from the director. - I understand the keys very well, sir, and the piano keys are essentially the same as the vocalist’s voice, - and the girl explained her position.

- Oh! This is the first time I hear such an explanation, I will know. Before I decide whether I will accept you or not, answer me a couple of questions, okay?

- Ask.

A couple of questions turned into several, and it was already around 10:15, when Park Jinyong finally released the girl from his office.

- Design Kim DaHyun as a temporary vocal worker. A very interesting girl, while I was having a conversation with her, I did not want to let go. Interesting and new thoughts. She is our replacement for MJ. Come, I will introduce you to your students - the director said showing the way, letting the girl go forward.

***

They entered the building at exactly 10:00. Managers hurried after him. No one liked being late for a meeting with the director. Pak Jin-yong announced the day before about a new vocal coach, whom he himself would personally introduce in one of the rehearsal rooms.

Where the rehearsal of choreography usually took place, now there was also a piano near the tape recorder. The speakers next to the tape recorder were put into a different corner. Two chairs were placed near the piano, one for the coach, the other for the vocalist. There was also a score there, but not for drawing, but for the schedule and homework.

When they approached the door, they saw that the sign also changed. At the bottom, a clock was added when the vocal lesson will take place. The girls were pronounced to read, Nayeon read aloud, as she came first:

- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Vocal lesson. Tue.-Th. From 10:00 to 14:00. Saturday - from 15:00 to 20:00pm.

- Interesting schedule - commented standing behind JiHyo. - Let's go inside. Not only has the schedule changed, but the room too.

-How will we greet her? Our new chant? Or old? Jeongyeon asked, folding her clothes behind the sofa.

- The main thing is that we don’t get disgraced, maybe rehearse before coming? - sighed Sana, throwing her hair back behind her back.

- Great idea - everyone agreed immediately.

- So, let's begin. 1,2,3 ... uh ... what's next - tapped herself on the head, then grinned awkwardly, start over. - 1,2,3 hello, we ...

- JiHyo, stop! Not this way! We came up with another - suspended it Nayeon. - We decided that our greeting will be in tune with our fans.

- Right! Once! And how did it sound there? - JiHyo held out thoughtfully, recalling.

Meanwhile, the door to the room opened, and two people entered. Director Park Jin Yong and a short-haired girl with red tails.

 

POV  Chaeyoung

I could not believe my eyes when I saw through the mirror reflection the face of the girl who entered. It was she, the familiar stranger from my dream and the girl from the video that I signed up for.

Very fair skin straight posture, thin waist. Everything about her screamed for sophistication and elegance.

I could not take my eyes off her, how beautiful she was.

And then she smiled.

A smile that dwarfs the sunlight.

Ah, my heart melts with such beauty!

***

Kim DaHyun with awe entered the director of the company in a room where she expected to meet her beloved girl. She was afraid to take this step, but her legs did not obey, did not want to stop for a minute, quickly entered after her.

Her gaze immediately found the one he was looking for. She stood near the mirror, in sportswear, which completely covered her. Black color. The hair is a little shorter than the last video DaHyun saw. But the same dimples, the same mole and dark skin.

- So, let me introduce you a new vocal coach, Kim DaHyun. DaHyun, these are your students. You meet here, I’ll go, I’m doing business.

-Girls, - JiHyo called, everyone else stood in line, looking shyly at the girl, started. - 1,2,3 We are TWICE !

- Aigoo, kids! - shook her head Nayeon.

-Ha-ha-ha, you are so loud, - DaHyun burst out laughing, bowing too. - Hi, I'm DaHyun and from this day I will help you, improve your vocal chords. My main bargaining chip is the piano, therefore, to determine what your voice is, how do you look at practicing a little?

-But first, we introduce ourselves and say our year of birth, so that we don’t make a mistake later. Hi, I'm JiHyo ...

So all 8 participants were represented.

While they were talking, DaHyun quietly looked around the room, finding the piano, began to slowly make her way there. The girls followed her, so they turned out to be standing next to him.

- Nayeon-unnie, start from 'do', from the lowest range, - she asked, looking up and down at the bunny girl, pressing a certain key.

- Do not waste your time, yes, DaHyun? Nayeon smiled prettily, coming closer, resting her hand on the instrument, and doing what they asked.

One melody replaced another, each of the girls showed their skill in songs, and all the time that was given to them, DaHyun admired and spoke only flattering words on the timbre of her voice.

- The first lesson “familiarization” was successful - clapping her hands, commented on DaHyun, getting up from her chair and closing the lid of the piano, then went to the board, which was next to the instrument, took a red felt-tip pen and recorded a couple of song and artist names. Under each of them she left a free place, looked back at the curious glances of the girls, said:

- Choose, for our next lesson, I want to hear these songs from you.

- Do we sing with them? - JiHyo asked, looking at the list of suggested songs. - Oh, I see you're a fan of SNSD, T-ARA, F (x)!

- With a dance? - Momo asked at the same time, biting her lower lip, squinting at a certain song that she had first heard.

-Original performance, - DaHyun nodded, straightening a strand of hair that had knocked out her ear. - I hope you choose the song wisely - smiled at them for the last time, seeing how their manager with the choreographer comes into the rehearsal room. -See you on Thursday, - she waved her hand, and in response she heard an approving hum.

Closing the doors behind her, she caught a glimpse of Chaeyoung's curious dark look. The meeting of views lasted only a split second, but even that second was enough to drown in them.

Leaving the building, DaHyun did not go, she was swimming, her heart was beating in unison with the singing of birds that twitter on the branches of trees as she passed. There was a mess in my thoughts, a smile never left my face, and my soul was so joyful.

She wanted to dance, because the first day was excellent. Although, you could not look away every time she turned to Chaeyoung. During the lesson, DaHyun simply could not look in her direction, and her voice stuttered all the time when she spoke to her.

You need to practice more in front of the mirror, DaHyun thought to herself , approaching the park bench where she came to calm her nerves a bit, sat down, took out a book, flipped to the page she needed, began to read. “And it would be better if a Chaeyoung photograph hangs in front of my eyes. On Thursday, we will meet again.

***

-Our new vocal coach is so cute, - Sana said in love. She in the rehearsal hall, after choreographer left, showing new moves I in their debut song. - She reminds me ... - while the girl was thinking about the correct answer, another Japanese member of the group came to her aid.

-Tofu, - Momo prompted, Mina smiled, nodding her agreement:

-Yes, she is just as soft and sweet.

-Light skin and her voice is so ... - San picked up the words, but decided to dwell on the word — soft. For the whole duration of the lesson, I wanted to hug and squeeze her - the girl admitted, desperately blushing with embarrassment.

-You're not the only one, - muttered Jeongyeon, glancing at their older friend, who had been acting strangely since the departure of DaHyun. Although her friend is always strange, but here she just rolls over. - Nabongs, why are you stuck there, you and I have already decided which song we will sing!

-Just looking, - she waved away, looking thoughtfully at the whiteboard with beautifully written handwriting. - DaHyun told us to choose wisely what she meant? She whispered to herself.

- We still do not know so well her to guess, Nayeon - unnie - said came up behind JiHyo. - We don’t know how she will listen to us, what she will focus on in listening. DaHyun today praised our timbre of voice...

- Unnie, do you think this is the main task for Thursday? Will she listen to our tonality? Tzuyu asked, walking up to them, holding Chaeyoung's hands, which had been silent since the moment the door closed behind DaHyun.

- Let's see what will happen on Thursday, why make a plan, let's just get well prepared. Which song did you choose? JiHyo asked curiously, glancing at the maknae groups.

- F (x) - sombenim "Chu " - clearing , Chaeyoung said , picking up a red felt-tip pen and putting two names opposite her, hers and Tzuyu .

- Oh, our little baby woke up! How do you like DaHyun ? - Jeongyeon jumped up to her from behind , hugging tightly in her arms. “You did not take your eyes off her while she was talking to us ...”

- ... and when she looked in your direction, you look away - added, interrupting her friend Momo, taking with her fingers and putting pen itself, Sanou and Mina in line with the song SNSD «Mr . Taxi".

-They played peepers for the whole lesson, - Mina said quietly, clinging to Sana, hugging her shoulders, laying her head on her friend’s broad shoulder.

- We didn’t do anything like that - the girl was indignant, hiding her reddened face behind her palms. - DaHyun - unnie never once looked at me during the lesson and did not speak to me.

“But all the time she threw short glances at you - she grinned, as if she knew what others did not know, Nayeon raised an eyebrow. - I can say for sure that she likes you, - a friend issued a verdict, laying a hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder and squeezing it. - The next time you take her phone number, - Nayeon said for no reason, finally making up her mind and putting her name, JiHyo and Jeongyeon in front of the name T - ARA “Day by Day”. I will not accept more than one objection, not yours, Chaeyoung, - she pointed to the surprised girl, “not yours, - she pointed to the shocked faces of her best friends.

- But we wanted to choose a completely different song - both ached, looking sadly at the board.

-We definitely wanted to take this song, - Nayeon said firmly, dragging both to the couch, forcibly sitting them on soft pillows, taking out her phone and finding the right practice. -We will break with this song — conspiratorially, - she whispered, glancing confidently at them. - Here in this song there is everything to get "A +"!

- It's not a contest, Nayeon - unnie - shook her head Jeongyeon, carefully looking at the dance moves of the group. - We will not learn this dance in a day! Oh god, you look, you just look how she caved in! Unnie, we are gone! Jeongyeon gripped the panic tightly and grabbed Nayeon's shoulders and shook, thus trying to bring unnie to her senses before it was too late.

-Ha-ha-ha, we can handle it, don’t worry, there’s no such dance here, you look, everything seems to be simple - somehow, with the help of JiHyo, she managed to escape from her friend’s tenacious fingers,” Nayeon said. Seeing the incredulous looks from them, she recalled - DaHyun did not say that we need to dance...

- But I didn’t say it wasn’t necessary, - JiHyo didn’t agree, - although I have to admit, this song really suits our voices. Okay, why argue, let's go rehearse.

-Do you hear what the leader says, Jeongyeon? Come on!

...

- Momorin, why did you choose this song? She whined in the other corner, glancing plaintively at her friend. - You know what this song is connected with!

-I am doing you a favor, - she flicked lightly on her forehead, said Momo gently.

-No one else will tease you, Sanatang, - Mina said gently patting her on the back.

- You conspired! - pouting, she exclaimed, hugging herself by the shoulders. - I'm not friends with you! - grunted Sana, turning away.

- Ha-ha-ha, you yourself know that we are right - did not succumb to Momo's mournful tone, turning her to them and hugging.

-And you like our idea, - joined Mina's embrace.

...

- Why do I need a DaHyun - unnie number? - After she came to herself from the words of Nayeon, she looked up at Tzuyu standing nearby.

-Someone must have it, - shrugged maknae, looking for something on her phone. - I found, Chaeyoung, here she is - showing the phone screen where the choreography for the song Chu was highlighted. - Wow! Chaeng can, we will select another song, the F (x) sombenim?

-Let's remember the basic elements of the dance, - the girl suggested, turning the video over and over again. - Or ask Momo - unnie to help. But why should I ask the phone? - returned to the main question that tormented her.

- It's easier - tersely replied Tzuyu, thoughtfully listening to the tone of the song. -Will we pull her out, Chaeyoung?

-We can handle it, - the answer sounded confidently. - Maybe her phone, will you take? - The face lit up, Chaeyoung used all her aegyo to convince the youngest girl to help her, but she did not raise an eyebrow. -Why me Jjewi?

- So you will start to communicate - again an ambiguous response from a friend, Chaeyoung doomed sighed, not understanding why she alone needs to communicate with DaHyun. You like her, and apparently she does too.” In order to get closer you need a contact. Phone is the best start.

Having explained all this, Tzuyu moved away from the startled Chaeyoung, giving her the opportunity to comprehend and understand the meaning of her words.

Nayeon raised her thumb up when their eyes met, Tzuyu only smiled, glad that she was praised. Then Nayeon turned her gaze to Chaeyoung standing, mentally wished her luck, after returning to the video they were watching, a thought flashed through:

Perfectly invented by Nayeon. The first part of the plan was successful. With my help, their hearts connect ... Ah , how romantic it is! Youth! Hey hey Nayeon, why are you, I'm still young too! Yes, but I'm the eldest unnie for them!

***

Eunji was impatiently waiting for her younger sister at home. Earlier, she had already managed to call her parents and shared the good news with them. Their happy voices still echoed through the empty apartment.

- Be sure to write or call when you find out how their first date went - parents asked before disconnecting.

As soon as the lock on the door opened, and as soon as DaHyun crossed the threshold of the apartment, Eunji was already dragging her into the living room, asking with curiosity:

- Well, how? I saw Chaeyoung? Did you talk

- Hey little sister, let me catch my breath - giggling, said DaHyun. - So many questions at a time, ha ha ha.

- I'm just curious! How did everything go?

- It's awkward. I couldn’t really look at her, not to talk - taking off my shoes, said DaHyun . “She is so beautiful in real life, my heart is still fluttering in my chest,” the girl whispered shyly, looking at her sister and looking in her for what she was trying to say. - Everything is fine with the other members, I quickly found a common language with them, but with Chaeyoung ...

- You forgot the words, or stuttered - knowingly squeezed Eunji's hand. - Nothing else you have a chance to talk with her. When you meet there on Thursday, huh? What task did you give them? - asked the sister.

- My homework - Eunji looked at her sister incredulously, she only smiled broadly and nodded her head a couple of times.

- You're kidding, right? - Still decided to ask, DaHyun smiling even wider, took a notepad from her bag, opened it and handed it to her sister. That, opened it on the first page, was written:

Homework.

SNSD Hoot or Mr.Taxi

T-ARA Day by Day

F ( x ) Chu .

Learn and play a few chords for the next lesson . ”

- Wow!

-What should I have come up with, Eunji? - The first thing that came to mind was not really what DaHyun justified . - It will be interesting.

- I would like to attend on Thursday. Look, maybe you take it off, huh? I also want to hear how they sing - pleadingly folded her hands, turning from an older sister to a younger one.

-You want to see them sing your song, yes, sister. Ha-ha-ha, good, good, everything will be done - could not resist the puppy's eyes, which looked at her with a prayer. - I will ask, director, whether it is possible to take you ...

- Not! Say nothing to the director, Dubu! He does not know that I ... You promised ...

- Just kidding, - DaHyun said quickly. - A joke. No one will know that you are my sister, Eunji.

-Good. - She sighed freely; ruffling DaHyun's hair, then kissed her forehead and went into the kitchen. - I'll cook something now.

“I will help you,” the little sister jumped up, tying an apron along the way, but was stopped by Eunji's disapproving look when she looked at her clothes. - I'll disguise myself and wash my hands, but then help.

-10 minutes, Dubu, - her older sister warned, opening the refrigerator and taking the food out onto the kitchen table.

- I instantly! - shouted DaHyun running into his room.

-So, after about 15 minutes you can start cooking, - Eunji said to herself, taking out her phone, and called her parents.

We need to tell them the news of the day. And when they picked up the phone at the other end, she said:

- The first point of the plan was successful; I proceed to the second part.

“We're counting on you, Eunji.”

Yes, they are counting, as always. And I will do everything so that my Dubu can be with the one I love. No one will stand in her way of happiness. Just not again.

“He accepted her, yes?” Does he know about you, Eunji? - She heard her father's worried voice, but hastened to reassure.

- Doesn't know, I changed my last name. And yes, he accepted it. Now she is the new vocal coach.

- Good. Take care of yourself and her. If anything, you know where we live - mom just said.

“This time nothing will come of it, mother.” Our Tofu ...

“Yes, our Tofu - did not finish the sentence, but I perfectly understood what his eldest daughter had in mind.” - Call and inform, we will wait for the call.

Then I could not protect my happiness, succumbed to the influence of Park Jin-yo, but Dubu is not like me. She is stronger than me. And yet, my help will not hurt. Yes, it doesn’t hurt.

- Sister, I'm ready! - Sunlight burst into the kitchen in the form of a shining smile from DaHyun . - What do we have to do?

- Fine, then we begins our cooking! - clapped her hands, driving away, thus , unnecessary thoughts and focusing on cooking dinner.