Step 2. Charm

Achieve Success

The piano stood in the middle of the DaHyun room , it occupied all the free space, but the girl would not have exchanged it for anything else. It was bought a long time ago by grandfather, and was considered a family value. It was her grandfather who taught her to play, listen to each key, touching them gently, as if they were made of crystal. He taught her how to cherish a melody.

DaHyun gently ran her hand over the black and white keys, listening to their sound. Today she has to show her talent to achieve her goal. The sisters answered the letter, the representative of the music company invited her to participate in one show to show her skill level. DaHyun laughed out loud as Eunji read the response to her letter.

- My skill? Does he really write that? Ha ha ha

- Yes, if he knew who you were, he wouldn’t write such a thing - she laughed next to Eunji, laying aside the letter, looking at her sister. - Do you agree?

- Why not? It’s necessary to light up somehow, this show will be just the beginning - flexing fingers, I went to the piano and sat down at it, began to press the keys. - What tune to play? How would I stand out? I'm sure Chaeyoung will watch it ...

- Why such confidence? - the elder sister asked, sitting down next to her on the chair and also starting to play, she did it clumsily, out of tune, but DaHyun only nodded happily to the beat.

- My girlfriend is very musical; she likes any styles in music. In addition, my music will allow her to relax after a hard day.

***

The show “I hear your voice” was not an ordinary format, ordinary people came here who decided to show themselves what they are capable of. There were those for whom this was the last chance to prove themselves to the music companies, where they left as interns. And there were those like Kim DaHyun , who had no idea what kind of show it was or where she had come.

The girl scratched her head, threw back her hair, listened attentively to the hosts of the show. Next to her stood 5 more people of various professions, eager to gain fame or money. By the way, at the expense of money, DaHyun also heard for the first time.

So can you make good money here? Well, if I can fool the judges who came, then I will get 5000 won for my sister. Money will not hurt us.

When it was DaHyun 's turn to introduce herself , she, without thinking twice , said:

- Greatest pianist Kim DaHyun.

Then the truth was embarrassed and tried to close her reddened face with her hair.

The presenters kindly smiled at the youngest participant in the show, noted something to themselves, continued to explain:

- Three rounds.

1. Submission.

2. Facial expressions show that you are the best singer.

3. We will choose lawyers from the invited spectators, and they will by all means persuade the judges to choose you.

If the judges do not choose you, then you are given a chance to speak and show your voice. But I wish you to hold out until the end. Good luck to you all!

10 minutes later

DaHyun stood behind the scene in the waiting room, hearing perfectly what was happening from the outside. She heard the facilitators introduce the judges to be judged. Today it will be an EXID band. Of course, she heard about them, but in order to get so carried away by their songs, no and no again.

M-yes , and how am I going to get out?

If you just need to play the piano, then please, she will play any song, with her voice, until she gets along.

Teacher is not happy with me yet. Eh, you have to come up with something.

Out of my ear I caught how the presenters began to represent her potential rivals in the gain. She was at number 6, that is, the last. Unprofitable, but if you try, then everything can work out.

When the turn came to number 6, she confidently played, smiling at the piano with a friendly smile. Received feedback in the form of applause and whispering:

“Is this the wrong eagle girl by any chance?”

- What are you talking about?

- You have not seen / la video on Youtube? Eagle dance, rap arm ...

- Ahhh, yes, yes, I remember. Exactly, this is that girl.

- It will be interesting…

30 minutes later

She survived. All were selected except her and 1 with 4 numbers. She was given a chance. She will not miss him, especially now, when the turn has reached the lawyers. She was represented by the showman Boom; he put on his headphones and listened to the song with her voice. Honestly, she tried to put all her senses into the notes. He looked at her in surprise, then into the hall and raised his thumb up.

- Incredible, this is the first time I hear such a voice. If you choose it you will not regret it - he persuaded the girls. They doubted, asked the viewer, and the audience unanimously insisted that they choose at number 6.

-You just liked this girl, huh? - They were flooded with embarrassment, nodding their heads.

- It seems to us that she can handle it - someone from the 4th row squeaked.

- Well, we will rely on your instinct - after some persuasion, the group agreed. When the host asked, they all answered in unison - participant number 6.

DaHyun rejoiced she succeeded. Smiling solemnly, she went on stage, bowed and answered a couple of questions:

-Hello, I’m Kim DaHyun, I came here to play the piano, but since I have to sing to prove my talent, then ...- she shrugged, not finishing the sentence.

- She has a pleasant voice, we did not lose, she can sing.

- Exactly, she can sing.

“Although, the posture and the way she held the microphone says that she prefers to work with her fingers than ...”

“... you want to say that she is really a pianist?”

- Oh, I don’t know anything!

DaHyun smiled, listening to their reasoning, to further infuriate curiosity, she said:

- Do not worry; I trained for a long time with the teacher by voice. He told me that it’s better. Not entirely good, but not bad either.

Hearing this, many clutched their heads, someone covered their ears so as not to hear, and someone even turned away from the scene.

-I promise you will enjoy my performance. Oh, we begin, let’s, why are we so sad, cheer me up! Aigoo, I am so worried that my poor heart will now burst from an overabundance of emotions - her megawatt shone with a smile.

Someone made a laugh, someone timidly began to clap, but basically everyone was waiting, waiting for her voice to be heard.

The first verse and chorus went fine, because the group sang. The DaHyun standing behind was dancing, not exactly what the girls were dancing. They glanced at her, she smiled back. The second verse began, and everyone froze...

... a velvet soft voice dipped all the spectators into pure bliss ...

***

That evening, DaHyun and his sister Eunji went to a restaurant:

“We have rights — that is what DaHyun said when they entered the restaurant with an expensive menu.” - I won the money! In addition, we will not spend everything. Let's sit there - pointing to a free table, lonely standing near the stage itself.

The evening was fun, the girls found something to talk about, basically everything revolved around the show, and her performance there.

A piano stood on the stage in the very corner, but no one paid attention to it , all the singers who performed today sang under the plywood in the restaurant. Forgotten by all, the piano sounded so sad and sad. She wanted to be needed.

DaHyun looked thoughtfully at him:

- Do you think the owner will not mind if I play him?

-Better ask permission, DaHyun,- Eunji advised her, looking around, noticing the waiter walking toward the next table. - Excuse me, can I have you? She called to him.

The waiter came over, silently asking what they wanted from him.

- Tell me, can I play the piano? DaHyun inquired kindly, nodding toward the stage. - I will play only one song, I will warm up the audience before the start of the next performance.

-Your whole scene,- he smiled.

- Thank.

***

Eunji looked admiringly at her sister as she went up to the stage and sat down at the piano, tuning him up. Knowing her, Eunji assumed that now the whole restaurant would stand and have fun. DaHyun has always made such an impression on people. She could ignite anyone with a half-turn. And now, looking around, Eunji noticed how all the visitors began to glance curiously at the stage.

DaHyun entered its element. Music completely consumed her. Her fingers easily glided over the keys, playing a familiar motive. At first it was quiet, but then Eunji caught a faint singing along.

The music suddenly stopped, DaHyun looked into the room, smiled and said:

-You know, that’s no good. I know, many people realized what kind of song I was playing. And I heard, don’t deny it, I heard someone sing along to me. I ask you to go here. You are welcome. Do not be shy.

But no one dared to leave.

“Hey guys, let's have some fun, and I have a reason. Do you want to know? - Her fingers gently the keys, softly playing some random melody, her eyes shone, the smile did not leave her face. - Today I won a show where I thought I should just play the piano. But I had to sing. It was very scary, because the first statement in a live in front of a large audience. Still, look, where am I now? I'm here with you, with a win in my pocket. I celebrate my victory with my sister!

As she spoke, the music grew louder, speeding up the rhythm. Someone could not resist, stood up and began to dance under her, clapping loudly. Two more people followed, and soon almost all the restaurant visitors gathered near the stage.

The bartender and the waiters first saw such a stir. They looked at the girl with interest, with a bright smile that attracted the eyes.

- Well done! I knew that you are better than you seem! You are as brave as I am! And now, who will come to me and sing with me? Well, who?

- I AM! - shouted the young guy, quickly striding to the stage. He was not so sure when he went up to the stage and kept his eyes hidden all the time, but he resolutely stood near the microphone.

- Well! What song to play? The very first?

Yes, - the answer came out quietly.

-Then, ladies and gentlemen, the coolest group of the two of us will now speak to you. We will perform the song BigBang Monster. Who knows, sing along! We are all here with perfect hearing, - she joked.

“She did it again. My DaHyun is amazing, thought Eunji.

***

The work today has been grueling. All 8 people of the future TWICE group gladly greeted their manager, who said that for today. They fell exhausted into the car seats, taking them home. They are not officially a group yet, and they had so much to do. And this does not apply to their album, no, all activities related to advertising, TV shows, interviews.

In general, the work is full.

But now is the rest. Short, but relaxing.

***

Chaeyoung was dripping on her phone when she received a message that a new video from the channel she was subscribed to appeared. I turned it on, the video uploaded; she saw everything that was happening in the restaurant.

She has fun there. She has fun, and she enjoys what she does. Her energy hits over the edge. Yes, really, I do what I love. I knew what I was going to when I entered the company. I fought for a place that is rightfully mined now.

And yet as if I wanted this girl to join us. We need such a girl ...