Step 1. Special Talent

Achieve Success

Two weeks later

In one of the residential areas of Seoul, on the second floor of the apartment, which was located on the edge, a phone call sounded. In the darkened room one could see bare feet splashing across the floor, the silhouette of the girl stopped near the nightstand where the telephone was, her hand picked up the phone and brought it to her ear. A voice hoarse from lack of sleep, without waiting for a question, answered:

- The first point of the plan came to fruition.

After listening a little to what the interlocutor said, she nodded silently, and then said:

- Don’t worry; we have gained more than a million views. No, I haven’t called yet, but I thought so, and I warned you.

The hand hung up, after saying goodbye to the interlocutor, ran through her short hair, not looking in the mirror that hung above the nightstand, turned to the sound of the door opening.

“Did I wake you?” - asked the girl standing in the opening.

- No, something doesn’t get enough sleep. Something worried. Unnie , are you sure you will see me this way? - Uncertainty sounded in a voice.

- Confident at 150%, sister.

***

In the vastness of the multimillion-dollar Internet network, a video spread, which in half a day gained 30 million views from around the world. The next day, the number increased 3 times, and it continued to become viral, because many covers were made on it.

Basically, they put symbols of laughter under the video and said that they just fell in love with a girl doing such a strange dance. Many wanted to know who she was.

One of the fans turned out to be an employee of the company JYP; it was he who showed the video to Director Park Jinyeon, immediately the next day, as soon as he saw it.

Over the course of a week, the director watched the video several times a day; he simply could not tear himself away from watching it. The first time, there was a cultural shock from the video seen. Honestly, he himself had no idea that when he opened the video he would see this:

a girl, about 17-19 years old, faces, unfortunately, are not visible, they are covering red hair, bending over and spreading their arms to the sides to prepare for something. The music turns on and it starts to soar like an eagle across the sky, as it is written in the title of the video “Flight of the Eagle”. The video itself lasts only 1:40, and it is so small to consider all the details in the “flight” that you have to twist from the very beginning and watch again.

-Indeed, a video virus, - the director of the company commented, again twisting the video. - The number of views is still growing, amazing talent. Do you know who she is? - Asked the employee, he shook his head in the negative. - It’s a pity; I would talk to this girl personally.

***

Two days have passed since that video, everyone slowly began to forget about it, as another video was posted on YouTube with the same girl, only now she was performing rap. The title of the video is “rap hands,” and the one who shot the video, laughing, said:

“You promised to fulfill what I asked.” I want to hear your rap talent.

The girl’s facial expressions were obvious, she really didn’t want to do, but the following words broke her defense:

“You lost to me.” This is my desire for your loss.

Viewers watched the same video several times to listen to an unusual rap when two palms sounded. The girl's voice sounded dull, but she clearly fell into the rhythm, but the main thing in the video was not the voice, but the expression on her face. It attracted the attention of many netizens. This time the video gained over 20 million in 5.5 hours, setting a new record. Only now under the video were comments saying that they had seen her somewhere:

“I definitely saw this girl yesterday when I was returning home ...”

“I think she’s from my school ...”

“And I think she’s only recently transferred to us, a new student ...”

“She's definitely not from the agency?”

- She manages to attract the attention of so many people in such a short time...

- I want even more videos with her participation! Wow, she’s just gorgeous...

- Guys, what I want to say is that she needs to debut!

Many of these comments were recorded under the video; she again became number one in the search engine, bypassing even the question of when TWICE will debut. A lot of people subscribed to the girl’s channel, which shot the video, and each of them put a “call” so that they would receive a notification in their mail, talking about the new video.

***

Just before the hype about this video calmed down, another one appeared. More and more people began to ask her to debut, someone even began to write to music companies, asking them to find a girl and help her debut.

One such letter, the very first one revealed, was lying on the table at the director of the music company JYP:

“Dear Pak Jinyeon,

I write on behalf of many of your fans who love all your songs and always support your artists. We have a big request for you. You probably saw the video “Flight of the Eagle”?

I'm sure they saw.

Have you noticed the young girl performing this strange dance?

There are several more videos with her participation. We do not know if she wants this way. So that the company noticed her and helped her debut but we ask you not to miss her. She has charisma and an aura that allows delighting people.

Organization of the JYP Fan Club. ”

A similar letter was in other famous music companies in Seoul.

At the moment, the director was in the recording room with the newly-minted group TWICE. They recorded the main track of the album, the first song of their debut. All 8 girls were called and a leather sofa black holding a lyrics and waited their turn. Now Nayeon was standing in front of the microphone, looking at the written text, with the words marked for her part.

- Nayeon, let's start from the very beginning. Singing the first verse and chorus - asked Pak Jinyeon , addressing her.

“Good,” Nayeon answered, straightening her hair behind her back, hearing the girls cheering through the glass.

Having taken more air into her lungs, she exhaled and began to sing. I sang everything, but the music continued to play “Can I continue?” Asking herself, she continued to sing further. End.

- Excellent thank you. Well done, Nayeon - he smiled at her when the girl left the recording room. He turned to the others - Jeongyeon, let's listen to you. Try to get a high note. Let's see how you sound.

- Unnie, good luck - clenching a fist, 7 girls cheered her up. She smiled nervously at them, went inside

To her surprise, everything went smoothly without a hitch, exactly what the producer was looking for. The same goes for Mina, Sana, Momo and JiHyo. What was searched in their voices, the director found. It was the turn for the rap part for which Chaeyoung was responsible.

- Hwaiting! - followed sounded encouraging words from friends.

She took a sip of water, put on her glasses, came closer to be seen, prepared for her part. She spent all night preparing how best to pronounce in one or another part, whether to highlight a word or make it sound cool.

- Chaeyoung, is you ready? -Asked Director Park Jinyeon, who nodded in response. - Well, then we begin.

It seemed to her that she had done it, was ready to hear praise from him, but Park Jinyeon was silent, listening to the recorded material. He frowned, scratched his chin.

“Start over, try a little higher tonality.” Chaeyoung nodded, listened to the melody, and began to read. - Stop! Again! Yet…

Over the past 15 minutes, the word “more” has sounded so many times, every time Chaeyoung sang her text, the producer didn’t like something and asked him to repeat it again.

- Eh, I don’t know, but it's not that. It's not your fault here, Chaeyoung. You did everything right, and I like how you sound in this song. But something is missing. I cannot understand that. Let's decide so - clapped his hands after a 5-minute silence. - Today I’ll think it over again, and tomorrow we will meet, and I will tell you my decision. Okay?

- Good, PD-nim.

After the recording, the girls went to the rehearsal room to prepare for the show case with the fans. On the way to the second floor, the girls discussed their parts in songs, trying to understand why the producer did not like the way Chaeyoung sang .

They reassured the girl, encouraged her, and said that it was not her fault. Chaeyoung herself understood this very well, but some kind of sediment still remained in her chest.

Now they were repeating the studied choreography for their debut song, then they had a vocal lesson, after that they went to rewrite the show “Weekly Idol”, a photo shoot for the album, to advertise sneakers and bags, to return home only closer to 23:00pm.

From the day they entered the new world of show business, they were scheduled for the rest of the year. While they worked on the rise in anticipation of a debut, and did not notice any fatigue.

Only two weeks have passed since the end of the show "16", they still have so much to do, the most important thing is to record an album and prepare an ideal and synchronized performance at a music show.

We returned to the hostel closer to a quarter to eleven, crossed the threshold of the apartment, and sighed freely. Finally a vacation. Even in the car, they ordered food for themselves, they did not have to wait long, immediately after them, and food arrived. Having changed into home clothes, putting himself in order, everyone gathered in the living room, and began to absorb food.

During the day and evening they whetted their appetite.

After a hearty dinner, each of the girls began to engage in personal time. Someone watched the next series, someone played, and someone went to his room to relax. Chaeyoung the OTC dug my laptop umostilas comfortably in his bed, turned and began to browse.

For the first half hour she read the comments to herself and the girls, then just surfed the Internet. When she was ready to go to bed, she decided to see who was in trend. The video that opened was called "Flight of the Eagle."

- And what can be funny here, all the comments under it are only emoticons - including him - Oh, my God! - the girl supposed to see a flying eagle (bird) in the sky or how this bird lands, but did not expect to see a girl flying like an eagle.

Apparently she laughed out loud, because all 7 girls broke into her room, asking what happened.

-Unnie, look - giggling, provided the video for everyone to see.

Soon everyone laughed with her. They went through this video many, many times, until JiHyo suggested:

- Let's see if there is still a video with her participation?

The “rap hands video also made them laugh, even louder than the previous one. Each time, their soul becomes easy, the whole stress of the morning and during and the day began to subside, turning into an echo.

“I haven’t been laughing like that for a long time - wiping tears from my cheeks,” said Jeongyeon. - This girl knows how to bring happiness.

“I feel easy and free again, full of energy,” Mina shared her opinion, still smiling.

- Such a girl for the group would be indispensable, in terms of energy.

***

The video called “Strange Dance” made an unexpressed impression among all the artists of musical show business. He appeared immediately with the rap hands video , almost at the same time as him, only he was first posted on the Naver TVand V live sites. Anyone who is involved in the promotion of girls on the internet, apparently knew his business. So skillfully develop a popularity plan in such a short time. Just great!

The one who worked on the popularity plan for the eagle girl, as her people now called, looked thoughtfully at the ceiling. She thought about e -trivial , as it has done semipolar her sister. The lines are not yet running out, but for some reason no one is calling to music companies.

None of them, companies, want to purchase such a“ product ”? Strange, I was sure that her fame would reach their heights. Where am I wrong? ”

“Eunji-unnie, why are you sitting here in the dark - turning on the light in the room,” asked the girl who came, whose popularity is now in the first place of the search engines.

Eunji turned to her, noting that with this hair color, which she dyed, she became even more beautiful. Previously, as soon as they flew to Seoul, her hair was the color of a candle flame, now the color is rather strange, dark brown on the top, at the ends there are colors of purple, turquoise and red. With her fair skin, yes, her sister is beautiful.

“Don’t look like that, unnie, I’m embarrassed,” she said, covering her face with her hands.

- I'm sorry, I thought. You're early today ordinary, DaHyun . How was your vocal lesson, what did the teacher tell you? - asked Eunji , getting up from the sofa where she was sitting, went to her sister.

“I still have to learn and learn, unnie. I am a hopeless case - I hung my head, DaHyun said dumbly. - I’ve been going there for two weeks and so far no result. He says that I have a quiet voice and with some kind of accent, but I don’t hear any accent. Unnie what should I do, at such a pace I will never see Chaeyoung! - Dramatically raised her hands up, as if begging someone there for leniency.

Eunji only laughed at her little sister’s frivolity, ruffled her hair, and went into the kitchen to warm her food.

“Go, change, put yourself in order and let's have dinner.” We still have time, we will carry you, believe in yourself, DaHyun .

“I believe, I believe, but ...” sighing, trudging along after her sister.

“Do you trust your older sister, DaHyun ?” She asked, looking at how a hunched figure was hiding in the room.

- Without your support, I would not have moved so far away - honestly DaHyun, turning around and sending a bright smile, closing the door to change into home clothes.

- You need to come up with something else, I’ll call my parents, maybe they will tell you how to attract the attention of producers. I thought that one of her special talents to always be positive is enough to achieve the goal. But apparently wrong, once in two weeks there is no result. Even the letter that I wrote on behalf of the fan club did not make a better impression on them. Maybe I’m dramatizing, like DaHyun , maybe they haven’t read this letter yet, okay, Eunji, let's wait another one or two days, and then we'll see.