Epilogue.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three Years Later

 

"Hurry up girls or we are going to be late," Suzy yelled from the dining hall.

It had been three years exactly since the war and things were starting to get normal again. Well, as normal as it could be. Today, the supernatural world celebrated the victory of the 'Battle of Allies'. The war had been a historical phenomenon because it had brought enemies and rivals together into an alliance of peace and safety.

I was standing in the middle of the kitchen finishing mixing the salad. I was having a super at the Ettore's house so that we can go directly to the festival afterwards. Nayeon and Minho were laying the table on the backyard porch while Suzy and I prepared the food. I walked past the girl that was sitting on the kitchen island with a frown on her face.

"I don't like festivals," She grumbled. I chuckled and grabbed a salad bowl and placed in her opened arms.

"Stop whining, Chewie," I said and pecked her lips. "You missed two years of parties; it's time you integrate again. In the meantime, out the bowl on the table."

With a grunt, Tzuyu left the kitchen to the backdoor. I watched her walk away with a grin. It felt good to have her grumpy self around again. I shook my head and brought the last of the food outside.

We were in the middle of February but with a magic shield we were able to eat as if were in summer. Stars covered the sky and lightened up the ground. Candles lit the table and there was so much food on the table, we were running out of free place.

We all sat at the table: Minho at the head with Suzy and Mina on each side of him, Tzuyu between Mina and I and Nayeon between me and her Mom.

"Where's Jeongie?" Nayeon asked.

"She's hanging on from the chandelier," Tzuyu said nonchalantly as she was putting food on her plate.

"What?" Nayeon growled, "You hung my daughter to a chandelier; what is wrong with you?"

"I got it," Minho said as he stood up from his seat not wanting to be in any part of his daughter's raillery while Suzy sighed with exasperation.

After the war, Minho had fallen into the legends as the Burnt Wolf: the wolf that killed the Hound. Everyone recognized him because a quarter of his body, along with half of his face was scarred. Everywhere he went, people cheered for him and looked at him in awe. Unfortunatelly, he was stuck on painkillers for the rest of his life. He and Suzy were doing great now barely left each other's side.

"She's a pain in my and had to learn a lesson," Tzuyu responded.

"She's two years old, Tzuyu. You don't hand a kid to a chandelier because she annoys you."

"By her feet," Mina added to make things worse. I shook my head trying to supress a smile. Suddenly, Nayeon got up from her chair and charged at her sister but Tzuyu yelped and got out of the way just in time. We were laughing as the sisters were running around the backyard like children. The only difference was their speed which was a little too blurry to follow.

"I'm going to kill you!" Nayeon yelled and Tzuyu laughed aloud, "Mina, help me out here!" With a wave of the hand, Nayeon went flying into a snow bank only in shorts and t-shirt. She groaned and sat up glaring at the table.

"Sorry, wrong sister," Mina laughed sheepishly but we all knew there were no mistakes.

Even though Mina was blind, she could see better than any of us. She looked through her 'Second Sight' and identified us by our auras and emotions. Her range was greater than any of us so she knew things were about to happen before it happened or that people will appear before we even knew they were there. It was almost impossible to lie to her anymore and her hearing had gotten sharper along with her magic.

Mina had matured more than she already was. She also gained self-respect and sense of calmness. She was more quiet and reserved but her gummy smiles still lit the room along with her good nature.

"Wrong sister my ." Nayeon grumbled and walked back to the table to see Minho running around with a little girl over his head. The girl's arms were wide open and she giggled while making a plane noise.

After Jeongyeon's death, Nayeon went into depression but decided to keep the baby in her mate's memory. It was actually the baby that saved her life. As much as we tried to help with her depression, and the fact that Tzuyu was still in a coma was not helping, Nayeon was not getting better but once the baby was born she had returned to life. She named her kid Jeongyeon, the same name of the truly love of her life.

Minho dropped the little Jeongyeon on her mother's lap but she soon got off and crawled under the table. She was a curious girl and wandered off as soon as her knew how to crawl. Once the little girl arrived at a certain pair of legs, Jeongie grabbed the pants and climbed up on her aunt's lap. She popped back up and she glanced up with a giggle.

"Ihwuyu," She said and raised her arms over her head trying to catch Tzuyu's hair. Nobody never understood why, but ever since Tzuyu woke up, Jeongie had fallen in love with her and always asked for her attention.

"Oh hell no," Tzuyu growled and grabbed the back of Jeongie's shirt. She lifted the little girl up without effort and dropped her on my lap. I jumped in surprise as Jeongie made herself comfortable. Why did Tzuyu have to give the girl to me?

"Relax Tzuyu, she's just a kid," Nayeon muttered.

"She's not just a kid," Tzuyu complained, "She's a pest. Look." Tzuyu bent down to Jeongyeon's eye level and released an enormous amount of power into the air. Her eyes turned blood red and her sharp teeth grew. We all froze and prepared ourselves for any outcome.

Tzuyu woke up nineteen months after the war. It took her a long time of physical and psychological rehabilitation before she could come back home but we were allowed to visit anytime. Coming back from the dead os not easy and it had its consequences.

Sometimes she forgot who she was and her beast would come out. She would forget who we were and tried to attack anything that was alive. It happened mostly in the morning when she woke up from a nightmare and she had almost killed me twice if it weren't for her sisters. The only thing any of us could do was ot secure her and remind her of who we were and more specifically: who she was.

We all got ready to protect Jeongyeon from Tzuyu if she were to attack but the little girl's eyes stared at her in wonder and her little mouth formed an 'O'. She was not afraid at all of the creature in front of her: a creature that could kill an entire city on her own and squish her nephew like a bug if she wanted to. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter