S1 | The Crib.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nayeon POV

 

School on Wednesday has always been crowded. I ignored the students calling me as I made my way across the hallway. Usually I would repond them but I was in no mood today. Yesterday, Mina told us what was happening with Tzuyu. I remember clearly the reactions my parents had when they heard the story. Mom cried the whole tome out of guilt of not acknowledging one of her daughters that had been sufering for so long. But Dad... his reaction was disgusting.


"Is that all?" He had said. We all locked at him in disbelief. He then continued saying that my sister should not have acted so childishly. Mom got furious and went into a heated argument with him. It was the worst fight my parents that Mina and I had to listen. I remembered he had broken the dining table in half out of anger.

"No child of mine is going to be a murderous vampire!" We knew Dad hated vampires but not to the extent of hating his own daughter. Mina and I tried to level with him saying we were part vampire as well but our arguments went nowhere. He even compared Tzuyu with Mom's attacker all those years ago. After that, there was silence. Mom was speechless; they never brought him into their conversations before.

Now, Mom and Mina are at our aunts' in England. They teleported themselves after the fight and I went to Jeongyeon's house. My girlfriend was such a gentleman because she never asked me what happened. She just held me tight when I cried all night. I must admit that I don't cry often, but that was one of the worst days of my life. I haven't spoken or seen Dad since then and I am not ready to face him anytime soon.

 

I arrived at Sana's dorm and opened the door without knocking. I found her sitting on an armchair with her feet propped up and on her bed side Tzuyu's sleeping figure. The white haired girl looked exhausted, she had bags under her eyes and her head was supported by her hand. She gave me a weak smile when she saw me come in.

"Good morning girl," I greeted her. "It's my turn to take watch so, you can go to sleep on the sofa."

Instead of doing so, she stared at me, "Can I ask you a question?" She asked and I nodded. "What happened between you and Tzuyu?" I sighed.

"If I tell you, will you go to sleep? You are literally sleep-sitting there."

"Yes," She responded. I sighed again and sat beside her feet.

"Alright then. Do you remember when I told you that I was jealous of Tzuyu and Mina's relationship?" I started. "Well, when we were young, Tzuyu and I were always together. We butted heads together all the time because we were so competitive. We used to challenge each other with whatever we could compete about. Of course, we had our bad moments but they passed.

Every time something happened I would seek comfort in Tzuyu and she in me. When she had nightmares, she would come in my room and sleep in my bed and vice-versa. Once, when I was really sick, she stayed with me the whole time and nourished me back to health. It was not Mom or Dad or Mina who stayed, it was her... and it was always like that between us.

There was only one thing that we didn't argue about and that was Mina. She was our treasure, our golden fleece and we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter