S1 | The Morning After.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sana, wake up. Come on, wake up," A deep voice said above me. I groaned and sank deeper into the warmth of my cocoon bed. "Wake up!" My covers were ripped off my body. I yelled as I was shoved to the ground.

"What the hell, old man?" I said trying to get up. My foster father was standing over me with his hands on his hips.

"Well, you wouldn't wake up. Now come on, we are going for breakfast in town," 

"Why?" I asked harshly. He looked a little hurt for asking that question and it instantly made me feel bad.

"We have not spent much time together since the Ettores arrived, and I want to know about your summer so far." He whined. When I finally got up I walked to him and gave him a small peck on his cheek.

"Alright dad, let me get dressed," After hearing the 'D' word, the principal's face lit up like a candle flame. He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"I love when you call me Dad," He started hopping around my room like an idiot rehearsing, 'I'm a daddy, I'm a daddy'. I shook my head and made my way to the bathroom with my clothes to get dressed in peace.

It was rare called him Dad, even after he adopted me. Don't get me wrong, I love that old jester to bits but I was not the feely type and calling him Dad reminded me of too many sad memories. I think I'm scared that if I start calling him Dad, he'll leave me like my real one did years ago.

When I entered in my room, JYP had stopped bouncing around but he kept back strait and had the biggest grin on his face. He walked like an exaggerated happy man, moving his shoulders up and down for effect.

"Alright old man, I know you're happy but stop. Can you walk normally?" I asked him.

"Nope," He said as he popped his 'p'. "I got a new joke for you though," The principal has an addiction for jokes; the worst, the better.

"Listen to this," He said. "The economy's bad, so a man's cousin texted his wedding invitations. The man texted back his cousin with a picture of a gift," He laughed as if it was the funniest joke in the world. "You know, two can play this game." He said in between laughs. I joined him after a few seconds while we made our way out of the school. It wasn't funny at all.

When we arrived at the small café, we went to our usual table by the window. I told him about my summer and about the triplets. He whined about his boring job and all the reunions he had to attend before school starts again. Summer school was about to end as well so the students were in their final exams.

"So, which one do you like?" He asked me.

"What?"

"The Ettore sisters. Which one do you like?" He repeated.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said stupidly. I should never try to keep something from a man who knows me inside out.

"Sure you do. This whole time you were talking about your summer, you never once mentioned sleeping with another girl, and that is very uncharacteristic of you. And please, don't tell me it's that Nayeon girl. You know how I hate love triangles."

"Everyone end up getting hurt, I know. You told me many times," I joked. "But no, it's not her." I looked outside the window. "It's Tzuyu." I said.

"The unstable one?" I nodded, still refused to look at my foster father. I felt a little guilty because he asked me to look after her and – if she brought any danger for the town or for the school – kill her. I didn't want him to think any less of me because of this. After a few seconds on unbearable silence,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter