Till we meet again

'About Now'

With a sigh of relief, she finally finished her report for the final project. In about a few days, she will be transferring to a new department. She wondered what kind of challenges that she's going to face soon.

 

Alright (Y/N), time to head home, she told herself and switched off the PC and packed her things. It was already pouring when she set her feet out from her office. Luckily, she brought an umbrella with her. On her way back home, she put on her airpods to listen to that one song and played it on repeat.

 

As she arrived home, she took off her shoes and leisurely walked to the couch and chilled out. It was a long day for her. Her back felt so stiff and tense after sitting for hours in her office.

 

After a quick nap, she cleansed her make up off and took a warm bath. Then she prepared herself some dinner while watching some series on Netflix. She peeked at her phone, isn't it time for him to call her? She wondered.

 

Not long after that, her phone rang. She was surprised to see his face on the screen. So instead of calling, he’s facetiming her! She took a deep breath and answered his facetime.

 

"Hey babe! How are you doing? How's your day?"

 

That face and voice. She's been longing for them since morning.

 

"Just tired and I'm done with my report. I had my dinner, then I watched netflix. How's yours? How was the tour?"

 

"We're almost over with the tour. Can't wait to see you!" he said excitedly. She couldn't help but smiled softly.

 

"You know, I've been listening to the song you've sent me the whole day."

 

"Really? How was it? Do you like it? I had you in my thoughts when I wrote that." He put on a sweet smile, making both his eyes looked like crescent.

 

"That's very sweet of you. I love it! It was a perfect song to listen during a rainy day and it was raining today!"

 

She giggled. He smiled when he saw her giggling like that. Those were the giggles he's been longing to hear. Seeing her smiling and laughing is the happiest time for him. At first he was worried if she's going to like the song or not. But he was relieved that she loved it.

 

"It'd be nice if I can hear it live tho..."

 

She bit her lips and moved her gaze to the side. Lowkey hoping he would sing it to her. When she looked back at the screen, he's gone? Where is he? All she could see was his empty hotel room.

 

Few minutes later, he came back with a guitar.

 

"Sorry babe, I went to Sungjin's room to borrow his guitar." He grinned and showed Atom to her.

 

"Don't tell me... Are you going to sing it?"

 

"Yeah, since you requested for it. So why not? Are you ready?"

 

She chuckled and nodded. This man, really. What did she do to deserve such a wonderful man.

 

"I often worry about your day without me. Are you spaced out like me too? Like a loose screw..."

 

Every word in this song described his feelings about her perfectly. They have been away from each other for quite a while. He missed her so much and keeps wondering about her, so that’s why he wrote the song.

 

After he finished serenading her the song, he looked at his phone. That beautiful smile of hers made his heart skipped a beat. Then he noticed something.

 

"Babe, are you alright?"

 

She burst into tears as soon as she heard his question.

 

"Jae, I'm sorry you have to see me in tears right now. But I miss you. I really miss you!"

 

"Hey, it's okay to cry. No need to apologize. I miss you too babe. Just a few more weeks and I'll be home. I miss spending the days and nights with you. I couldn't sleep well because I keep thinking about you. We'll meet soon okay? I will give you a huge hug once I'm home. I promise."

 

That FaceTime ended hours later, after both of them shared about everything. Hectic life, busier days, crazier schedules, the lovebirds are sure they can handle it as long as they rely on each other.