prologue

the ambrosia to my nectar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it was already a disaster and there were only three of them in the room, one of them being namjoon who was desperately trying to stop taehyung from murdering taeyong with his bare hands. the latter lay on mr. d's ping pong table in the rec room, where meetings were usually held, while the hot-headed son of ares was on top of him trying to choke the life out of the son of hephaestus. 
namjoon tried to pry taehyung off of taeyong but the former just won't budge and he kept spewing nasty things about taeyong and his backhanded compliment that was something along the lines of ares kids only having brawns and not brains.
taeyong remained calm even at the hands of a war god child, maybe because this has happened quite a few times before but namjoon is still worried taehyung might actually finish him off this time.
"what in tartarus is going on?" a girly shriek came from the stairs. the rest of the head counselors had arrived, but they stood by and gawked at the ridiculous scene before them. namjoon sees mina shake her head from the corner of his eye.
"oh for the love of olympus," jennie mutters under her breathe while rolling her eyes. "taehyung, stop." her voice is low and dangerous, she growls out the last word and its effect takes place almost immediately.
taehyung lets taeyong go and namjoon helps taeyong get up from the table while the other is distracted. taehyung seems a little dazed, his clouded eyes turning to jennie as if waiting for her command to sit or stay like a trained dog. 
mark lets out a low whistle. "nice charmspeak." he comments before walking towards the disarranged ping pong table. 
"thanks." namjoon says out loud, to which jennie doesn't reply. he looks at the other counselors and clears his throat. "sorry about that but please take a seat, guys."
taehyung shakes his head out of his trance and shoots jennie a glare as she sits across from him, who merely shrugs and sneers.
namjoon takes a seat between mark and mina, he clears his throat again and does a silent head count. "okay, we're all complete. so -"
"what time are we going to end?"
"can we like go in five minutes, it's almost dinner."
"where's mr. d?"
"why are we even here?"
"can i use the bathroom first?"   everyone started talking in chorus, over each other and before namjoon could even answer one question, another one was thrown and not even to him in particular. he hit the surface of the table with his hand a few times to get their attention, but nobody seemed to be interested.
namjoon looks at jennie and pleads with his eyes. 
the daughter of aphrodite sighs and leans back on her chair, she inspects her newly manicured nails before shouting, "everyone, shut up!"
and everyone did so. they all turned to jennie, even namjoon. the need to be quiet and not utter a single word had gotten a billion times stronger in a span of one second. 
"namjoon," mina whispered as she silently struggled against jennie's charmspeak. she elbowed namjoon to prompt him to speak up now that everyone was quiet and paying attention.
namjoon shook his head to shak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter