Girl in His Dreams

Playing Sherlock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Itadakimasu!”, Kim, Kei, Daiki, Rio and Ryosuke gathered around the dining room table after being served a few dishes by the youngest of the group: Amu. They looked around and saw half of the table glistening with palatable food that could’ve been prepared by a professional chef, while the other half were dishes ruined by Daiki. See, the boy volunteered to help Amu in the kitchen but ended up burning half of what she prepared. It was lucky that Amu had everything under control and stopped the boy from burning the whole kitchen into a crisp.

 

 

“I hope it tastes okay. We had to use the available ingredients in Rio-chan’s kitchen”, Amu bowed once before seeing the group dig in. She anxiously waited for each one to have a bite, but then felt relief by her friends’ satisfied faces.

 

 

“I don’t have much in my fridge yet, you still managed to cook this much! Sugoi, Amu-chan!”, Rio completely forgot how her friends decided to just invade her own apartment after tasting Amu’s home-made cooking. She looked to her right and saw Ryosuke also enjoying the food. She smiled upon glancing at the boy finally getting his appetite back.

 

With all the compliment she received, Amu just smiled and enjoyed her friends’ company. However, she couldn’t help but feel bad that no one is even attempting to touch Daiki’s cooking.

 

“Hey, you guys! Why not try my curry?”, Daiki tried to push through his master piece but his friends just looked at the plate like it was their worst enemy. 

 

“No offense, Arioka… but how is that ‘curry’? Is it even edible?”, Kei mocked, earning chuckles from Kim, Rio and Ryosuke. However, before they can even more, they saw Amu pulling up her chopsticks and attempting to eat Daiki’s dish. 

 

“It’s… good!”, Amu smiled at the helpless boy and felt like he was on Cloud 9. Kei and Ryosuke looked at each other, curious on what their best friend’s cooking tastes like. They’ve known the boy for more than 10 years now, and this is the first time he cooked something for anyone. 

 

With much hesitation, the boys followed Amu’s gesture and tasted Daiki’s dish.

 

 

“…. hmm… this is…”, Ryosuke kept the suspense, “This is… a waste of ingredients”, he teased, making Daiki pout on his place.

 

The bunch laughed and for a minute forgot all their worries.

 

 

“I’m glad we decided to stay in one place even just for the night. Maybe we can watch a movie after this ne?”, Amu suggested with an attempt of getting their minds off every danger coming their way. It’s been awhile since they had the chance to relax, and spending time with her closest friends made her less anxious on keeping everyone safe. 

 

Amu watched as the rest nodded in agreement. 

 

xXxXxXx

 

 

 

“Say, Yama-chan…”, Kim paused for awhile, finding the right words to say, “It's been a few days now. Do you remember anything at all on what happened on the day of your accident?”, she continued, desperate to get even the slightest clue on who planned against Ryosuke’s life. The rest of the group remained silent, waiting for the boy to answer. 

 

 

Ryosuke shook his head slowly, “No. I’ve been trying to remember everything: the day of my accident and even Rio-chan”, he left a deep sigh but felt his eyes landing on Rio. It kills him not being able to even remember his own girlfriend, “But I’ve been dying to try something that might help in recovering my memories. I might even remember how I met Rio-chan.”

 

 

Curious, the group listened intently. If there’s something Ryosuke knows that may aid in retrieving his memories back, they’re willing to do it at all cost.

 

 

“What is it? Maybe we can help?”, Kei questioned but soon watched his friends gasp as Ryosuke leaned sidewards to his left and reached for Rio’s lips. 

 

 

Everything just went in slow motion.

 

Amu gasped in surprise while Kei and Daiki had their mouths in ‘O-shape’ after seeing Ryosuke stretch his body across. Kim just had her eyes widened by her cousin’s bold move and felt the urge to grab Kei’s arm and pinched it firmly while squirming inside. “This is like a scene from a drama!”, she thought. 

 

Rio, on the other hand, just felt her whole body tense up after feeling Ryosuke’s warm lips on hers. She can literally feel all her blood being drained out of her system. 

 

--

 

“So… Any luck?”, Kim asked teasingly after Ryosuke broke the kiss. 

 

 

“Nope. But I have no regrets in trying”, he smirked and enjoyed painting Rio’s face with the darkest shade of pink. 

 

 

“That was smooth!”, Daiki complimented and earned a high five from Yamada, while Kei held Kim’s arm and shook it lightly.

 

 

“Kim-chan, I just lost my memories. I suddenly developed amnesia! I think I need a kiss too!”, Kei acted as he leaned towards Kim while pouting his lips, imitating what Ryosuke did ealier.

 

 

“Get away from me, you ”, Kim pushed Kei’s face away from her before noticing Rio still in shock from what happened, “Rio-chan, are you okay?”, she said out of concern. Amu lightly poked Rio’s face to gain her attention and get her back to reality. 

 

 

“I-I… I need some fresh air”, she said, panicked - her voice trembled and saw imaginary spots on her vision. "This is too much for my own sanity", she thought to herself after feeling her heart drop from her chest down to her stomach.

 

 

“How cute”, Ryosuke grinned, not feeling even a tint of guilt after teasing the poor girl to her core. 

 

 

xXxXxXxXx

 

 

 

“Should we watch horror, action, suspense or fantasy?”, Kei mumbled while scanning through what it appears to be a never-ending list of movies on Rio’s Netflix account. As he continued to flick through the remote, Kim sat next to Amu on the sofa, while Rio placed herself right next to her. She’s currently trying to avoid looking at Ryosuke as for some reason, her heart starts to fire irregular beats whenever she catches the latter stealing glances at her.

 

“Horror should be fun”, Daiki suggested, imagining the cute squeals from the girls - especially from Amu.

 

As if having mind reading capabilities, Kim shot Daiki an ‘I-know-what-you’re-thinking-look’ as she raised her eyebrow at the now grinning boy in front of her. She indeed knows that the boys would want to watch something scary for them to jump to their rescue, “If you’re imagining Amu-chan clinging to you, then I won’t let it happen!”.

 

 

“Kim-chan, you’re no fun!”

 

 

“Why does it have to be horror? We can watch a romantic movie!”, Kim replied as a smirk grew on her face. She knows for a fact that the boys will absolutely hate this.

 

 

“Ah~ ‘Love Actually’? ‘The Notebook’?”, Rio caught on Kim’s idea of fun and tried to hop on the older one's teasing. She is not very fond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter