dumb dumb

all roads lead to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Joohyun has loved Seungwan for five years. She just didn't quite know it.

Tags: fluff, friends-to-lovers, sudden realizations

 

Joohyun smiles as the new groom takes the stage, fingers still intertwined with his bride.
 

Wedding speeches are cheesy at the very least, and Joohyun mentally prepares herself for the onslaught of cringe.
 

The groom first thanks everyone for being with them, then he begins to wax poetic about his bride.
 

“She is absolutely breathtaking, especially when she dances.”
 

Like Seungwan. Except she takes my breath away because I can’t stop laughing.
 

Joohyun’s lips quirk, stifling a laugh at her random wayward thoughts about her best friend.
 

“Her cooking is absolutely phenomenal.”
 

Seungwan’s muffins are to die for. Everything she cooks is to die for.
 

“Her voice when it gets raspy…” The groom pauses as a few parents cover the ears of their kids. “In the morning! What did you think I was going to say?” He laughs.
 

Joohyun gulps at the thought of Seungwan’s morning voice, how low it gets when they wake up next to each other in one of their routine sleepovers. How her “Good morning, unnie” makes her shiver, a cold breeze coincidentally blowing through the room so she can pretend. So she can forget.
 

“Her offkey singing can rival my own.”
 

The groom’s words do not even match Seungwan anymore – Joohyun imagines angels opening the portal to heaven every time Seungwan sings – but why is she still thinking about her?
 

“She makes me laugh the hardest.
 

She makes me smile just by being beside me.
 

She comforts me just by being near.
 

She’s the love of my life, but she’s also my best friend.”
 

The words land on Joohyun’s shoulders like a ton of bricks, but it seems weightless. If anything, Joohyun feels like she's flying.
 

World suddenly moving in slow motion, Joohyun turns her head to the left, heart thudding at the sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter