flowers bloom only to fall

all roads lead to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Summary: Seungwan’s love bloomed on a cold, winter day.

Tags: angst, hanahaki disease au, idol-verse

Title taken from a quote from Hotel del Luna.


Seungwan’s love bloomed on a cold, winter day.
 

They were sitting on the couch on one of their rare off-days, fingers tangled together underneath a blanket like vines that have finally found light. A nondescript variety show played on the screen, and Joohyun laughed at Seungwan’s offhand-yet-hilarious remark on whatever foolery was happening before them.
 

Joohyun laughed, loud and childlike, and warmth rushed into Seungwan’s chest, straight to her heart. It was a laugh Seungwan had heard time and time again, but the warmth spiraled into wildfire, coating her lungs till they felt like they were in flames.
 

She gasped out, unbidden, the sensation overwhelming, intoxicating.
 

Fingers tightening around hers, Joohyun’s eyes glimmered with concern.
 

“I’ve never been in love,” she heard the idol proclaim on the show.
 

She choked out a laugh, struggled to her feet and pulled herself away from the unassuming Joohyun. Sealed her lips tight even as a wracking cough begged to burst free.
 

She ran to the bathroom and closed the door just as reflex overcame her will. Coughed out blood-stained purple into the sink, the petals of the daffodil marred and beautiful, like her love.
 

Seungwan let out a sharp, breathless laugh as she swiped at , her chest loosening just a bit.
 

Of course.
 

She stared at herself in the mirror, smile speckled with blood, ignoring the frantic knocking for just a short while.
 

Of course it was her.
 

It could never really be anyone else.

 

***

 

Joohyun’s every touch became stifling since then.
 

Every brush of her fingers a crank that turned to fill her chest with color, with suffocating purple.
 

Seungwan wished to push her away, to forget, but more than that, she yearned to pull her close. Let Joohyun bury her roots deep into her heart and damn her to oblivion.
 

It was a good way to go, she thought. The pain was oddly comforting, a reminder that she could love someone so completely. But she hated it, too. Hated the fact that her body craved love so much that she would die with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter