chapter 4

noche oscura [discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So sorry this update came nearly a month later. Life was crazy busy overseas :( but I'm back now, so hopefully things get better! I've also been reading the comments y'all leave and all I can say is you're gonna find out who Mr Kang is in this chapter... kinda. enjoy the chapter!

When they woke up the next day it was slightly past 2 in the afternoon.

After they had finished the movie the night before, Donghae had lain in Hyukjae’s arms and recounted what he did during the mission. “The rations were somehow worse than your cooking,” Donghae had said, earning himself a very gentle flick on his forehead. Hyukjae had listened to every single word the way he does whenever it comes to Donghae until he stopped talking halfway. When Hyukjae looked down in his arms, Donghae’s eyes were closed and his long lashes curled against his eyelid gently. Hyukjae didn’t try to resist the urge to press kisses to his eyelids, then the tip of his nose and then his mouth. Then Hyukjae shifted and put his head against Donghae’s chest, falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat and ended up getting the best sleep in 3 months.

Donghae wakes first, stretches his heavy limbs and removes Hyukjae’s arms from around his waist to turn and face him.

He looks at Hyukjae’s still features and thinks it’s amazing how Hyukjae looks so pretty even when he’s asleep.

He traces his features from his favourite almond eyes to Hyukjae’s round nose and pauses when he reaches his lips.

How many times has Hyukjae kissed him? He wonders how every time they kiss it still sends sparks through his body as if it were their first kiss.

Then he feels Hyukjae stir in his sleep and then the full force of Hyukjae’s still-very-sleepy gaze.

“Wow,” Hyukjae mumbles as he establishes eye contact with Donghae.

Donghae raises his eyebrow in confusion. “Wow what?”

“Am I in heaven?” Hyukjae asks, rubbing his eyes. “There’s an angel literally right next to me.”

Donghae rolls his eyes and pulls Hyukjae’s hand away. “Good morning to you too.”

Hyukjae smiles and hooks his leg over Donghae’s. “I missed waking up next to you.”

“Me too. I love that this bed smells like you,” Donghae says and smiles back as he places his hand on Hyukjae’s cheek.

“Well it is my bed,” Hyukjae remarks. “Wanna make it smell like you too?” Hyukjae teases, reaching out to pull them closer at the hips.

Donghae feels the familiar tingle run through his body and pushes Hyukjae away as he sits up in one swift moment.

“Gala tonight,” he reminds and points a reprimanding finger at Hyukjae.

He should have known it was a mistake, because then Hyukjae grabs the finger with his hand and says “and yet the afternoon is still young” as he pretends to it.

Donghae jumps out of bed.

Throwing a pillow at Hyukjae’s smiling face, he mutters a soft “I hate you” before escaping to the bathroom.

Hyukjae doesn’t miss the shy blush creeping up the back of his neck and laughs into his pillow.

Donghae, Donghae, Donghae. His heart is so full he thinks it’s about to explode.

--

They spend the late afternoon in Hyukjae’s bedroom, with his servants bringing up servings of pancakes and waffles to satisfy their hunger.

Times like this Hyukjae really does enjoy the benefits that being the President’s son brings, like getting to eat whatever you want regardless of the time, having someone serve you your food and obviously, feeding Donghae till his cheeks are full with food he’s stolen from Hyukjae’s plate.

Maybe the constant supervision and ever-present flashing lights aren’t that bad after all. He’s a simple man with simple wants in life: being by Donghae’s side, and an endless supply of food.

Donghae has been savouring pancakes after pancakes and mumbles, after drizzling more syrup onto his third pancake, “I can’t believe we’re having breakfast in bed.”

“Pretty sure it’s considered tea-break at this timing,” Hyukjae corrects as he stuffs his mouth full of bacon and eggs.

Donghae sends him a nasty glare, takes a gulp of his strawberry milk for good measure and says, “First meal of the day: breakfast.”

Hyukjae glares back and makes a move to reach for the slice of pancake Donghae was about to eat.

Donghae moves the plate out of Hyukjae’s reach, but gives in when he meets his eyes. “Okay fine, whatever you say. I can’t believe we’re having tea-break in bed.”

Then Hyukjae laughs because Donghae is so silly, and Donghae breaks into a smile too before leaning in to kiss him sweetly at the corner of his lips, staining it with syrup.

Hyukjae can’t hide his grin nevertheless, even with the side of his mouth sticky. 

--

They laze around on the couch after a shower, with Donghae flipping through TV channels aimlessly as Hyukjae opens the folder Leeteuk gave him the night before.

His eyes scan the list of potential clients and connections his dad is hoping to score and pause when he sees a name in bold.

Mr Kang Jiwoo. CEO of Kang Enterprises, arguably the most profitable manufacturing company in all of South Korea today. The Kang Enterprises has had a long history and its past glory had died down with the passage of time only to be revived when the new CEO Kang Jiwoo took over the wheel from his ill father. Young and ambitious, he had promised a 20% increase in profits by the end of his first quarter. He ended up delivering 40%. Needless to say, he turned the game around for good – Kang Enterprises now stands as one of the biggest and most successful companies in South Korea. Which is to say, of course the President wants to work with someone with as bright and shrewd a mind as his.

Though Hyukjae wouldn’t have had so many reservations about meeting him in person if their previous run-in didn’t make Hyukjae as uncomfortable. Mr Kang is a charming young man, and with a chiselled jaw and high nose it probably long since cemented in his own mind the idea that he is good looking. And he is, that much Hyukjae has to admit, but Hyukjae can’t forget the disappointment and mild anger in Mr Kang’s eyes when he had leaned in and conjured up one of his infamous grins, only to have Hyukjae pull away and come up with some lame excuse to take his leave. Hyukjae didn’t want to think much about it, so he chucked this memory at the back of his head and tried hard to pretend he misunderstood Mr Kang’s intentions.

But then it doesn’t take a genius for Hyukjae to realise his intuition was right. Not when Mr Kang had sent him roses on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter