Chapter 6

Peek-a-boo

WENDY


The moonlight shines through the window. This small room only occupies a round bistro table with two chairs. Another delivery guy named Bob is sitting on one chair with his hands tied behind his back. Wendy is sitting across him while appreciating a big diamond crystal ornament on her hand, the same stone that she hit him with when he tried to escape.

"I told you not to be a bad boy. Now look, you have blood dripping from your temple." Wendy puts on a fake concern with the most adorable pout.

Beads of sweat appear on Bob's forehead. There's not much to distract him from Wendy aside from the pizza on the table with smaller crystal ornaments in different colors.

"I'll make you a deal. If you finish all of the food in that platter, you can go home." Wendy said.

"E-even the stones?" Bob stuttered.

The corner of Wendy's lips curved up in a sinister way. "There's always a catch. Oh, I almost forgot." She lays the big crystal ornament on the center of the Pizza. "Dig in."

The guy stares at the dish served with a wild expression. With the last strength he has, he tugs his hand, trying to escape what's binding his hands. But there's no use trying. And in the moment of desperation, he asks, "Why are you doing this to me?" His voice cracks and tears began to fall from his eyes.

"Oh no, dear, I think the right question is what did YOU do."

Realizing that there's no other way, he eats the pizza without using his hands. Wendy watches him in amusement. But before he even gets to the center stone, he begins to gag and choke on the several nugget-sized crystals. He wheezes and desperately intakes air, but his throat is already blocked. Wendy watches as the man turns blue in a matter of seconds. He rattles on his chair until there's no more. Until his body goes still as the life escapes from it.

Wendy sits back, "What a disappointment. You didn't even get to the main event."