Chapter 2

Peek-a-boo

4 years ago

The Pizza shop is quite busy even if it's late at night. Orders come in one after the other and is usually for delivery. The smell of cheese lingers in the air and the hot ovens makes the temperature in the kitchen to soar high.

Jisoo is just waiting to get off the shift she covers for her friend, Lisa. She doesn't know what a pizza crew does, so she's usually asked to do basic things like take orders or wipe the tables.

"Jisoo, can you do a delivery? After that, you can go home." Suho, the manager, said.

"Sure." Jisso smiles. The crew has been nice to her all day so even if she doesn't like driving, she's all in for it. And besides, if she delivers it right away, she'll be home early. Maybe she could buy Jennie's favorite food. They had a fight earlier and Jisoo wants to resolve it, she can't sleep through the night knowing that Jennie's mad at her. She already has the perfect present for her, safely tucked in her pocket.

When she got her package, Jisoo sets out but Suho stops her. "That's not for you, missy. That's for Jonathan. You deliver the one for Mahogany Street."

Driving on the street at close to midnight gives Jisoo a sense of peace. There aren't many cars and people wandering around. She rolls the window down and let the chilly wind brush on her face. The full moon is low and bright, illuminating the scenery in a certain ambiance fit for horror movies. Jisoo doesn't mind, she loves watching horror movies and the night is wonderful even if it's a bit creepy.

An hour later, Jisoo is lying on her own blood in a dark alley. Her hands and feet are getting cold and her breathing becomes shallow. When her life flashes before her eyes, she knows that it's her end. Good and bad memories; her family who she lost in a car accident, her friends Lisa and Rosé, and Jennie who is the reason she keeps on holding on.

Weird enough that Jisoo is ready to die, she'll be with her family soon. But the only thing she regrets is that she'll die knowing that she and Jennie had some unresolved fight.

Jisoo's breathing becomes laboured and she can't bear the pain any longer. So when one of the five girls in front of her kneels next to her, she pleads, "Kill me please."