Chapter 15

Peek-a-boo

February 25, 2023. A bright sunny morning. The sunlight seeps in the room and warms Jennie's porcelain skin. She's sitting by the study table.

"Babe, you have to eat." Jisoo squats next to her chair, resting a hand on her leg.

"You gotta eat for you to drink your meds." Rosé's sweet voice comes in.

"But I don't want you to go." Jennie's soft voice is barely audible.

The door opens, a guy in scrub suit stays by the door way, "Lunch is being served, Miss Kim, chikcen and dumplings. Please join us." When he got nothing in response, his eyes furrows but said nothing when he left.

"You damn idiot. They're serving chicken and dumplings! You're a monster for skipping that meal. Maybe living in an asylum isn't that bad." Lisa walks in and sits beside Rosé on the bed.

"Don't encourage her to stay here, you ." Jisoo shoots Lisa a glare, but the latter just shruggs.

This made Jennie smile a little. She looks at the two rings she's wearing, 'JJ4EVA' engraved on it. "You think they'll get him?"

"Jonathan? I'm sure they will." Lisa's ever so energetic voice said.

Jisoo stood up and hugs Jennie. "That's why you have to eat, babe. We can't stay here forever, you have to get well. Jonathan will be taken care of."

"I'll miss you."

"I won't." Jisoo said which earned her a glare from Jennie. She chuckles and smile brightly at Jennie, pinching her nose playfully. "Because I'll always be here even if you don't see me."

**********

March 1, 2023

THE HEIR TO PRIWEN'S WEALTHIEST FAMILY IS MISSING.

Jonathan Reid, son of Mary and Lucas Reid, went missing yesterday (Feb 29). He was last seen in Domino's before he went on a delivery in Red Velvet Street. A search party is being lead by Chief of Police. But investigation to the case would be difficult due to lack of evidences and no solid lead. The address given only contains an old abandoned house with no sign of entry or disturbances. The town mourns for the loss of a great man.

-FIN-