(Enemies)

Fandom_Gaydom’s GFB Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say, in a band, bass a drums are best friends. That they’re pratically like a married couple. And boy were they right. 

 

Our school band has 5 members with another who likes to think she’s also in the band. Usually we’re divided into units and duos for more performances.

 

There’s Kim Sojung; she’s the drummer. She’s a senior and the leader of the band. She’s always trying her best for the band. Even helping members to study so no one is forced out.

 

Then there’s Jung Eunbi and Kim Yewon. The younger sisters of me and Sojung but boy do they have powerful vocals. They’re piano skills are no joke. Usually they sing for the band.

 

Then there’s me, Jung Yerin and Hwang Eunbi. We play the guitars. I play electric and acoustic while she plays bass. She’s known very well for her awesome bass playing. She can win anyone’s heart with her smirk, leather jacket and her just as beautiful black bass guitar. Eunbi also is part of the dance club but doesn’t get enough recogination for her dance, unless you’re one of those girls obsessed with her. 

 

Then there’s Choi Yuna. She’s the teacher who watches over us but she tries so hard all the time we almost always introduce her as our member. She’s still a young teacher in her 20s. She’s so pretty and her vocals are so amazing. She has the surface knowledge for all of the instruments. She practises all the songs we will perform herself just in case that if anything goes wrong she can play on the spot. She’s very weird but very admirable. Ugh I sound like I’m in love with her... which is kind of right but anyway.

 

We’re currently waiting for to find our new pairings for the school’s upcoming event. They asked us to perform 4 times throughout the event. Yuna said it’s perfect for us to perform once as a band with 3 pairings. She told us yesterday that she’ll come with the pairings for us today. We were all waiting for her to arrive when there’s a sudden shout.

 

“Yah, Hwang~” Sojung leans forward from the drums.

 

“Hmm?” Eunbi turns still tuning her bass, while looking at Sojung.

 

There’s a brief silence and everyone looks at them. They just stared at each other for a second until Sojung broke into a smirk.

 

“You’ve still got a bedhead.” She chuckles.

 

Eunbi turns red, quickly turning to the windowto fix her hair, “Ugh, this is all your fault!”

 

Eunbi tosses her pick to Sojung who just dodges it but glares at her, “That almost hit me.”

 

“Y-yeah and? That’s what I wanted.” Eunbi crosses her arms, pretending like she didn’t just stutter. 

 

Sojung stands up and picks up the pick. Walking towards Eunbi who keeps backing up until she hits a wall. Her face was bright red. Sojung kept coming closer to her. 

 

“You want your pick back, pretty bass player?” Sojung’s smirk returns.

 

She places her hand on Eunbi’s hip and cheek, “Tell me-“

 

“Alright lover birds, cut it out. It’s not a good idea to get with your bandmates.” Yuna takes a seat, everyone following, except Sojung and Eunbi.

 

“Pfft, love birds, me and her? We could never be together.” Sojung walks away from Eunbi after handing her pick back.

 

“Right...” I noticed Eunbi’s saddness, even though she hid it well.

 

“Well good for you two, you’ll be the last duo to perform!” Yuna claps her hands, “Yay!”

 

“WHAT?!” They both yell in sync.

 

“No, no, no, Unnie this has to be some sick joke.” Eunbi starts to sweat even more when she sees the duo list.

 

“Performances;

Eunha + Umji - Ultimately

Band Perform

Yerin + Yuna - Buttercup

Sowon + Sinb - I wanna be your girlfriend”

 

“Are you ting me right now?” 

 

“You don’t look like the taco I just had so, no.”

 

“Sounds good to me.” Eunbi, Yewon and I say together.

 

“See? They’re happy.” Yuna turns her computer back to her.

 

“ONLY BECAUSE THEY WORK WELL TOGETHER!” The two say in sync again.

 

“Hey, hey. The bass and drums in the band are meant to be best friends. So you two should be happiest about this right now.” Yuna’s smile disappears, “Now stop complaining and get to work. I am hoping for this to turn out really well. Now shoo, work in pairs first. We’ll discuss band performance next time. I have too much on my plate.”

 

Everyone splits to their corners. Eunbi and Yewon cuddling on the bean bag and getting ready to listen to their song while Sojung and Eunbi stood awkwardly trying to search for their song and trying to find the headphone splitter.

 

(switchin to third person)

 

“Uhm, I think that’s the song. “ Eunbi says.

 

“Girl in red?” Eunbi nods.

 

The song plays and they both stare the screen, turning red. This song reminds Eunbi of Sojung. Her eyes move to look at Sojung’s face. The prettiest face in this school-

 

Eunbi shook her head, “What am I thinking?! I hate her! We can’t even be friends how would we-“

 

“lovers..?” Eunbi felt herself staring holes into Sojung who seemed to really be focused on the song.

 

She noticed Sojung’s cheeks turn red. All of a sudden, the song ended and Sojung turned to her.

 

“This is pretty simple. I think you should sing. Your voice would suit this most.” Sojung broke the eye contact.

 

“Hah... as if we could even be friends.” She thought to herself before clearing .

 

“We should take turns. Your voice fits it as well if we’re being honest.” Eunbi said, to her surprise, she blushes.

 

“T-thanks, I guess... Uhm anyway. Let’s get to finding the notes so we can play.” She goes to the drums while Eunbi returns to her guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s after school and Eunbi was staring at herself in the school’s bathroom mirror. She lets out a sigh and fixes her lipstick.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter