Self Remorse

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

She sits on the bed, silently hating the fact that her heart still beats stubbornly within her chest. Her skin is so fragile it ruptures on anything more than the softest of touches. The open eyes are not focused but stares blankly into one spot, blurry vision. Her left wrist is tied to the bed railing, preventing her to do anything dangerous to herself. Doctors and nurses stand around the bed, attending their patient medical needs. She is carefully monitored for any irregularities in breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature. Alerted for respiratory depression which can lead to hypoxia, and cause permanent brain damage in the suffering overdose Fentanyl individual.

 

"Thanks to the emergency medical help, we barely save her. Please look out for the patient. Abusing Fentanyl highly lead to death or if fastly treated can still cause permanent damage." The doctor exclaims, staring to the bluish tint on the patient's nails and lips then averting his gaze to the guardians. Sana sits crosses legs far on the single couch, sinking into her seat as she buries her face behind her palm. She couldn't hide her disappointment by the younger reckless act, and choose to quietly listen with her eyes shut. Contradicted to the calm and collected Sana, Momo who is leaning against the wall begins to clench her fist, jaw rooted and as if there is a volcano erupting, fury sweeping off like her ferocious waves.

 

"From the MRI scans, we pick up abnormalities in her brains detecting she is suffering from major depressi---" The doctor's words cut off when Momo suddenly march to the bed, swing her hand and lands a powerful smack. Catching Mina's cheeks with the ball of her open hand. The younger doesn't flinch by the blow but it hard enough to knock her sideways while her hair flew into her face. The sound rings inside the room, filling the silence. Everyone is started by the sudden action, except Sana who sees it coming.

 

Sana slowly raises her head and sigh "Momo-ya, that's eno--"

 

*Slap*

 

Another smack with all of her strength, leaving an imprint of her fingers upon Mina's cheeks. Just below her eye is a small cut where the wedding ring has caught her. Momo staggered backwards as she catches her breath. Her face reddened from the boiling anger as her left hand itself trembling by the hit. She turns to the doctor and emotionlessly states  "Please kill her. She wants to die so bad. Ungrateful kid who never care about her family. She left for four years and just return, for what? Suicide. Comply with her wish and let her die. I don't need little sister" She hisses and walks away, slamming the door as she left.

 

The demand caught them off guard, gulping from the outbursts. The doctors and nurses take the hint to leave and not meddling in the family conflict. They bow leaving Sana and the patient alone.

 

Sana endures the silence that engulfs them. Thankfully, nothing bad happens to the younger especially when their parents are abroad. They leave in a hurry because of a problem that unexpectedly arises at the company main branch in Canada. Sana doesn't want to inform their parents just to worry them. It's enough that Mina is fine. Yet, it doesn't relieve her anger towards the latter. She understands Momo, they care for their little sister but their reaction towards their own feelings are different. That slap is well-deserved. That is how Momo shows her affection and how much she cares. Violent? Yes. But sometimes, brutality and harsh words are what you need to knock you some sense.

 

Sana stands after what feels like a lifetime. She ignores the latter and walks passes her, towards the door. Torn up with concern and disappointment, she plans to leave but her feet halt as she reaches the doorframe. A choking sobs, a tiny whimper. Listening to the sounds, she could feel her heart shattered into a million shards. Mina is still her beloved little sister. Whatever stupid and unforgivable things the younger did, she still her little sister. Her lovely little sister. Sana feels the wet hot tears fill up her eyes. She heaves a deep sigh and turns around, walking to Mina and sits at the edge of the bed. Sana couldn't help but sympathize as she stares at the latter, who feels as if she isn't connected to reality and only able to cry.


 

She hugs Mina's limp body, securely embraces her into her chest as she her hair. Being a comfort pillow and soothing lullaby is how Sana's affection is seen. No matter how mad or disappointed she is, she just couldn't be as strict as Momo. It just how she reacts. She buries Mina's face deeper as the latter clutched to her blouse, gripping for support while her body increasingly wracked with heavy sobs. Sana lightly pat her back and whispers,

 

"バカね"





 

*  *  *  *

"Overthinking ruins you, ruins the situation, twists things around, makes you afraid and just makes everything much worse than it already is. That is you Mina, you think too much, feel too little. Chaeyoung is a coward, he is. But he also a simple man, he loves you and he shows it, he fights for it, he defends it, all he could see is his love towards you, that's why he is a fool. He feels a lot but thinks too little. He let his emotions and feelings to control him until he neglected how it hurt him. But now, he's changed. He starts to take care of himself and owned his feelings. How about you Mina? Have you changed?"

 

Sana asks the sleeping girl. She knows Mina isn't asleep although exhaustion takes over her after the long hours of grieving. She's aware that the younger only has her eyes shut but he

Please log in to read the full chapter