together.

some things never change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a year.

Seems like only yesterday that they were trainees, uncertain about their future. Yet now they were superstars, performing in front of thousands of fans screaming their names.

As she reminisces, Yujin smiles. It’s perfect. She was living the dream. (Well, almost perfect. There was only one thing that could have made it better.)

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she grabs a towel and leaves the bathroom while drying her hair. On the way to her room, she catches a glimpse of Yena and Hyewon gaming in the living room, eyes glued to the television screen. She shakes her head in wonder, surprised at the lack of screaming and shouting. It’s rare to get a quiet moment with those two around. (Of course, she was usually a main cause of the noise as well, but let’s not talk about that.)

Opening the door to her room, she slips in quietly, expecting to see Minjoo lying on her bed, scrolling through her phone. Instead, all she sees is a lump under Minjoo’s blankets that vaguely resembled a human form. Walking over, she flops onto her bed and extends her long legs, kicking the top bunk lightly.

“Minjoo unnie, its only 9pm, are you planning on sleeping already?”

To her surprise, a familiar but unexpected voice came in reply. “Shhh Yujin, Minjoo’s tired, let her rest.”

Yujin bolts upright, almost hitting her head against the top bunk. “Chaewon unnie? What are you doing here?”

Chaewon’s head pops out from the top bunk, looking down on Yujin with a smirk. “Well firstly, I live in this house too. Secondly, I’m cuddling with my girlfriend. Why else would I be in her bed?”

Yujin could think of a lot of other reasons why they would be sharing a bed, but she decides to keep shut, opting not to face the wrath of an embarrassed Chaewon.

“Now keep quiet, I don’t want you disturbing my girlfriend,” Chaewon gave Yujin one final glare in mock anger before wrapping her arms back around Minjoo, focusing back on the girl that she held tightly in her embrace.

And there it was again. That one word. It was always the small things that reminded her of the one thing that was missing.

Their group is full of couples. Some are lucky enough to live together, finding comfort in each other’s arms whenever they want to. And the others? Well, let’s just say they aren’t as lucky. Sadly, while Yujin was fortunate enough to debut at such a young age, when it came to this case, she belongs to the latter.

Sigh, she missed Wonyoung.

Quietly, she slips out of bed, not wanting to disturb the couple above her. She had a new destination in mind.

As she enters the living room, she sees the two gamers still sitting in the exact same position she had left them in. They hadn’t even moved an inch. The only difference was that now, Eunbi was standing behind them, watching the game with puzzled look on her face.

Yujin walks over to Eunbi, with a bright smile on her face, hoping that she would be radiating positive vibes.

“Wow Eunbi unnie, you look so pretty today, even without makeup! I think that—”

“Just tell me what you want Yujin,” Eunbi replies, arching an eyebrow.

Yujin immediately put on her best puppy dog eyes, which really wasn’t very hard, considering that she already looked like a puppy in the first place.

“Unnie, can I go over to the other dorm for a while? I just want to see Wongyougie.”

Eunbi lets out a chuckle. “That’s all? Sure, no problem. I thought you were going to tell me you did something stupid again.”

Yujin instantly remembers all the times that Eunbi had scolded her, and involuntarily shudders. Well, at least it seems like she hasn’t discovered the clothing rack that that she had broken while play wrestling with Yena the night before. That would definitely get her another scolding.

She makes a mental note to offer to help hang up the laundry later to thank Eunbi, which would also buy her more to time to hopefully fix the rack before anyone else notices.

“Wait a minute, what about me? I’m being deprived of Yuri too!” Yena whines from her place on the couch.

“Yena, aren’t you in the middle of a game?” Eunbi replies, throwing Yena a withering glare.

Yena was about to reply, but she stops, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter