Chapter 13 : Past, Present, Future

[Exclusive] TERRIFIED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13 Past, Present, Future

 

Learn from the past experiences, live in the wonderful present that cannot undone and rewind, while planning for a future that can be made possible with passion. This is how people are supposedly living their one life given to them. Be a better person than the yesterdays, be true and genuine during the present and shape oneself for any possible future that’s ahead to be fully-equipped.

 

Do not look into the painful past, rather move on and live the present like it’s the last. Let the past be a stepping stone to grasp into better decisions to be made, and be wiser in the future. Whatever anyone’s going through, may it be the hell or the heavens, people pick up a lesson from each experience, grab into challenges, see light from the hardships and finish it with a posture.  

 

On this busy day of a Wednesday, as the season is giving signs to its near end wherein the snows that once covered the whole town is gradually melting, the trees are giving signs to grow its leaves once again, the airport is packed with various people. Busy as it has always been, this is where they started their day altogether, meeting at one spot, far enough from the eagle eyes of the public not to be feasted by anyone.

 

In her backpack and luggage being pulled, Lisa arrived to the meeting spot and found Jisoo, together with Jennie and Chaeyoung, already waiting for her. She had invited everyone to come over, and she had definitely expected them to be complete yet she still excitedly hopped towards them as if she’s surprised of their complete attendance. The biggest smile on her face is worn, rather than the frown of saying goodbye to taint her pink glossy lips.

 

“You’re late.” Jisoo rolled her eyes and acted cold. But then she went on asking concerned while fixing the messed up collar of Lisa’s outfit, “Have you checked-in some of your bags?”

 

“Yes ma’am!” Lisa saluted.

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes are glittering as she stares at Lisa, ogling her too close that Jennie had to pull her back for she’s nearing her face. As everyone gave her a questioning look, she clarifies herself, “Oh, sorry. I haven’t really seen her up close and since she’s leaving, I’m just making sure.”

 

“Making sure of what?” Jennie raised an eyebrow.

 

“If she’s really that vlogger Lalisa Manoban.” Chaeyoung said and received a chortle from Jisoo, an awkward grin from Lisa and her girlfriend shaking her head in disbelief. “I told you, I’m her fan and I watched her videos before I got blind before! Please don’t look at me with those suspicious looks!” She then whined upon noticing everyone’s eyes are on her, especially to her girlfriend who acted jealous.

 

Lisa laughs to break the ice, “I really am Lisa. Who else? And it’s good that you’re able to see again, Chaeyoung. I’m so happy for you and Jennie-unnie too.”

 

“Don’t forget to give us a call anytime you need us, okay? We’re always here. I know not everything went well during your stay here but know that wherever you are, we’re always your friends.” Jennie assured and gave Lisa a tap on her shoulder.

 

“I’ll be looking forward for more contents from you, though it would be fun if one day, you’ll be able to continue your barista series with Jisoo-unnie.” Chaeyoung winked as she teased, making Lisa blush at her remark.

 

When it’s Jisoo’s turn to talk, Jennie signaled her lover to move away and give them space and privacy. Thus, the lovebirds quietly waved goodbye and walked out of the scene but Chaeyoung kept looking back to gather some juicy information, and as a result Jennie had to roughly pull her away and forcibly made her head look straight ahead. Their cute argument caused both Jisoo and Lisa to giggle, removing any heaviness that’s dividing them apart for this moment.

 

“So…” Lisa breathed and flashed a smile for Jisoo not to feel sad over her departure. “…this isn’t goodbye, okay?” She clarified and pulled Jisoo for an embrace, for her not to feel the pain of being left alone. “I’ll keep in touch with you, I promised, right? Don’t cry but if you do, make sure you’ll tell me. If you miss me, tell me. I cannot promise that I’ll come back running like a superhero when you’re having troubles but I hope you do know that I’ll always support you even from afar.” She whispered gently close to Jisoo’s ears and caressed her back to ease her worries.

 

Jisoo wrapped her arms around Lisa’s waist and if only it’s possible, she wouldn’t let her go anymore and lock her in her arms. But she cannot do that because sooner or later, she has to let her go and let her fly on her own way and be as supportive as she can be for her. No, she won’t let a tear drop today, not on this day she’s supposed to show nothing but smile and contentment. Though it might be painful deep inside, at the end of the day, she still has Lisa’s heart.

 

For a moment, Jisoo was hesitant to let her go but she had to. And as soon as she did, she quickly stole a kiss and giggles, “You’ll miss this.”

 

“I definitely will.” Lisa flushed in redness and chuckling uncontrollably out of thrill.

 

“Can I walk you all the way to the passenger’s area?” Jisoo requested and Lisa never had a second of doubt to hold her hand and walk together. “Aren’t you worried some of your fans might see you holding my hand and make fuss out of it on the internet?” She then asked worriedly as she sighted some people, perhaps recognizing who Lisa is, murmuring about their clasped hands.

 

Lisa however shrugs her shoulders and even confidently swayed their hands, “Who cares? I mean, they can say whatever they want to me, as long as they won’t hurt you because if they do, I’ll roast them on my vlogs. Besides, I don’t see anything wrong holding your hand. They make me feel warm.”

 

This cute and flashy smile of hers is what always gets Jisoo’s heart melt, too adorable for her to handle. And in this moment of togetherness before parting ways, this is what Jisoo exactly wanted to happen, nothing to worry about, free and out to anyone’s eyes and judgments, not caring about the world but their own moment. The airport may not be a romantic place as a last place to spend this memorable time together, but it’s more than enough for the both of them, as long as they hold each other without the feeling of being guilty.

 

While they are in their own sweet world, Chaeyoung and Jennie are in their own too, walking around the airport together. Chaeyoung is having good memories coming back to her as she paces all over. It was the time she first stepped in this place, in this town during the autumn season. Though she was living in the dark during that time, she was able to feel the wind that caressed her skin and she immediately knew this place will give her the happiness she needed all along. Yet today, it’s different, better than before; she used to have no one holding her hand but now she has someone, this special person still guiding her through the light.

 

As they continue walking with no destination to go but in circles around the airport’s premises, Chaeyoung speaks out with her arm she placed around Jennie’s shoulders, “You know, everything just feels so surreal. It still feels like I’m living in my best dreams and I don’t want to wake up anymore.”

 

“Silly.” Jennie replied short and playfully pinched Chaeyoung’s puffy cheeks.

 

“But hey…” Chaeyoung stopped midway. “About Jong-in by the way…” She cautiously opened up and looked into Jennie’s questioning stares. “…My sister told me this morning that he already filed his official statement against his ex-fiancé and I heard the police already got that woman. He must have thought about it a lot too.” She extended.

 

Jennie snorts and grabs Chaeyoung’s hand again so they can go on strolling, “As he should. That man didn’t give me peace of mind for a long time and I’m glad he finally woke up to his senses and did the right thing.”

 

“That evil woman is rich and powerful, right? I doubt if she will even stay long in the jail if ever. She can easily bail out within a day.” Chaeyoung shared her worries. “What if she comes back to you and hurt you again?”

 

“You’ll be there to protect me, right?” Jennie smirked.

 

And Chaeyoung immediately reacted strong, “Of course! I won’t let them lay a single finger on you or even get close to you! I’ll rip off their head and I swear I won’t let them see the next day anymore!”

 

Jennie exploded in laughter at her answer, getting thrilled of how she’s so into protecting her though she was only initially joking. Chaeyoung has always been the person who can stretch a wide smile on her lips whenever she’s being attacked by worries and fears. She’s ready all the time and Jennie has witnessed almost everything that Chaeyoung is capable of doing for her, and perhaps more as they stick together for a longer time.

 

“Chaeng?” Jennie, this time, it’s her who paused from her strides. She gazes straight into Chaeyoung’s eyes and asks, “Aren’t you going back to Australia?”

 

“Why do you ask that?” Chaeyoung wondered with the sudden query.

 

“I was just thinking that you might want to go back and spend time with your parents too. It’s your hometown anyway so you might want to go back there to recover too and face everything, I guess.” Jennie expressed and even though her voice sounded fine, her mind and heart are uneasy.

 

Chaeyoung holds her by the shoulders and questions, “Do you want me to go back though?”

 

“Honestly?” Jennie asked back and Chaeyoung nodded while steadily staring into her concerned looks. “If possible, I want you to stay here and stay with me, be with me all the time and spend moments together more since I’m really that kind of person, clingy and well, you can call possessive at times. But, I also have to think of you and what’s best for you. So, if you want to go back, then it’s fine with me. If there are important things you want to face back in your hometown then I think you should go back too. We can still call each other, right?” She openly conveyed.

 

“You’re mad.” Chaeyoung stated, not asked.

 

“I’m not. Why should I?” Jennie laughed it off and goes on walking.

 

Yet Chaeyoung stopped her from her tracks as she hugs her from behind for a whisper, “I know you are. You can’t fool me. I lived for months hearing your voice only so I know.”

 

Jennie gave in with a sigh, “Fine. I am, but not that much. Or rather than saying I’m mad, I’d say I’m quite scared, I guess.”

 

“Scared of what?”

 

“Being apart from you?” Jennie pouted and turned around to face her lover, to show how her expression changed into pure worries and terrified in her stance. “You know… you’ll be away and for a while I won’t be able to be with you physically… and well…” She badly stuttered.

 

And Chaeyoung could guess, “You’re scared that I’m going to cheat on you, isn’t it? That I’ll find others back in Australia and get wild again, and perhaps forget you… is that what you’re scared of?”

 

Guilty, Jennie lowered down her head frowning, “Sorry… it’s not that I don’t trust you. It’s the people who might be possibly around you that I don’t trust. You’re beautiful, you’re talented, and you’re just so fun to be around with. I won’t be surprised if people easily fall in love with you back there and try to take you away from me.”

 

Instead of feeling offended and hurt, Chaeyoung laughed and put her girlfriend back around her embrace which caused Jennie to be confused at her reaction. “You’re the ones who’s silly, Jennie.” She said and kissed her forehead. “Let’s say I’ll go back to Australia for a while, there’s no way I’ll stay there for too long and remember I don’t have friends left there. If ever I’ll return there, it’s only to get my things maybe? I have a lot left there.” She reminded in a smile, and not in grimace at the thought of the friends she lost.

 

“Oh…” Jennie blushed.

 

“Moreover…” Chaeyoung smirked and stole a quick kiss onto Jennie’s unprepared lips. “I found my home here… and I’m facing her, kissing her, hugging her and proudly dating her. You’re my home and there’s no way I’ll ever let this go. I would be the biggest fool if I still let you go.” She whispered close with their foreheads attached.

 

Passersby can either judge them or envy them for showing such public display of affection, and either way, they care not of anyone else. It’s pleasing and heartwarming to hear those words coming out from Chaeyoung and there’s no way Jennie wouldn’t melt and be touched by this. The reassurance from her is enough to break away all these fears that crossed her mind for once and Jennie felt bad for a while she thought Chaeyoung would be the same as her past.

 

“You’re too cheesy.” Jennie teased but certainly loved how Chaeyoung put it into words that she reddened so bad it wouldn’t be left unnoticed.

 

“Let’s talk more about our plans soon, okay? Let’s take it slowly. We’re just starting and I want to make sure things are going well and will go well for us. That’s why, if it’s okay for you, I want to take everything slowly and make plans together.” Chaeyoung said as she massaged the back of her hands she’s holding.

 

“Of course. Let’s take our time.” Jennie agreed without reluctances and also tiptoed to steal a kiss to her lover before hopping away happily. “Let’s go back to Jisoo-unnie. She might be waiting for us.” She then waved from afar and Chaeyoung willingly jogged back to her arms.

 

On the other hand, as things are going smoothly and well, Alice is wrapping up everything from behind the scenes. She waits in the police station, patiently waiting for the arrival of a woman she’s itching to slap in the face and it happens not long as she arrived with other policemen guarding her. Seeing her is already making her blood boil to its highest, what more when they talk? Alice, as much as she wants to take this professionally, her insides are just snapping that it shows through her expression.

 

The woman walked in leisure towards her, meeting her from across the table inside a closed room and she smirks arrogant, “Oh, Alice… look at you. You’re doing everything to find justice for your sister’s tiny girlfriend but here I am, being taken here but later getting out easily too. Do you really think you can keep me inside the bars for long? You must be out of your mind.”

 

“I know you’ll be able to get out soon anyway. That’s how abusive powerful people like you do anyway, easy way out in this corrupted world we live in. However, this isn’t the end of our fight yet. Even if you can get out of this place, I won’t let you get close to Jennie or to any of her close friends ever again. I will do everything in my power.” Alice swore face-to-face, not faltering from those intimidating looks of the woman.

 

The woman chuckles evilly, “You sure are one of a competitive lawyer, huh? So who put me in the hole this time, my ex-fiancé I’m guessing? I heard from the police outside that someone made a statement about me and submitted solid evidences. There’s no one else but Jong-in.”

 

“And what about it?” Alice returns a more arrogant grin, not backing down and getting swayed from her attitude. “See? No matter how much money you have, at the end of the day, you couldn’t buy the heart of a man you once thought wouldn’t leave you. But look at you, then look at him, he’s free and you’re not. He’s recovering from the mistakes he did while you want to add more. Soon he’ll have a good life and you’ll be miserable. Your money can never buy the priceless things in this world.” She further mocked her.

 

Alice’s word appeared insulting and degrading for the woman that she growls, “You ! Do you think you’ll be able to get me with that?”

 

Before she gets out of hand, Alice snapped and swung her first heavy slap on her, saying, “This is for destroying Jennie’s café…” Then another slap to the other side, “This is for hurting Jennie and destroying her dreams…” Then another swing, “This is for making my sister cry because of hurting the person she loves…” Then the last one, the heaviest amongst all the slaps, “This is for ruining life of innocent people who has nothing to do about you.”

 

The woman’s cheeks are swollen in red, biting in pain, and she couldn’t get a chance to fight back as the police came in the closed room to stop them. Alice said no more but left her the deadliest glare, a warning she could be a beast if she tries to get them once again. All she needed was her eyes to talk to her and let the police to the work.

 

“Uhm…” Just outside the police station, Alice was blocked by Jong-in who has been on stand-by.

 

Alice faces him properly but also throws a warning, “You too, Jong-in. I am truly thankful that you helped us out with this case and it came to an end. You’re a huge help. However, I will also ask you not to get any closer to either Jennie or Chaeyoung ever again or else I won’t hesitate but to block you so you cannot do anything.”

 

“Don’t worry. I promise I won’t get near to them again.” Jong-in said and brought Alice to an attention. Then he bows his head, formally stating, “Please look after Jennie from hereon. Please, protect her at all cost.”

 

“You’re supposed to tell that to my sister, not me.” Alice corrected.

 

“I don’t think I can.” Jong-in straightened himself up and grimaced. “I know your sister is a good person, especially ever since she met Jennie. But I also think that she’s always ready to beat me up if she sees me that’s why I can’t possibly go and talk to them personally. Besides, Jennie already said her goodbyes to me the last time we met. I guess that’s enough for me. Perhaps, people may call me coward but I don’t want to disturb them again. Jennie is already happy with her and I’m glad she’s smiling because of love again.” He then added and breathed out the heartache he felt while he said.

 

Alice walked closer to him to ask sincere, “What are you planning to do now then?”

 

Jong-in pointed at his huge bags from inside his car that’s just parked behind him, “I’m moving away for good, though it’s just around the countryside since I cannot easily leave the country, thanks to you and this case.”

 

“Well, I guess you deserve it somehow?” Alice smirked and he chortled.

 

“Jennie left the country before because she wanted to pursue her passion to a greater level and also because of me, because she wanted to erase me out of her life. Maybe if I do the same, I’ll be able to move on from my past too and start a brand new life. It’s my turn to be far now.” Jong-in uttered almost barely as he’s somehow being pained from his own plans.

 

Alice nods and comments, “Whatever makes you feel better or what you think is right, do it. Be a man and show us at least that you’re willing to change for the better.”

 

“Do tell your sister I said congratulations because she just won in life.” Jong-in lastly said and hopped inside his car, ready to leave.

 

“Good luck on your journey.” Alice also said and sent him off.

 

Though this isn’t exactly the kind of justice that they were fighting for, Alice is contented that at least, through this case that closed, someone was able to see the light again, not only her sister. Jong-in was once brought into the wrong side of darkness and used it in a wrong way but nonetheless, it served him a lesson and Alice is confident that a brave man like he is would someday change and just like Chaeyoung, start a brand new beginning for himself.

 

The following days can only keep on getting better. With the season that’s gradually changing, the brighter days are also improving with the recovery of everyone’s heart. Just like in Jennie’s café, though remaining wrecked and closed, the owner can still smile being here, standing here and feeling her passion by just merely looking at it. Nothing may have changed since the time it was unfortunately taken down but surely, the better days for this café will soon to come.

 

“Here, Alice-unnie asked someone she knows to calculate every expenses we need to restore the café. Luckily, we weren’t charged for any.” Jisoo came entering the café as she found Jennie circling in the middle as she arrived.

 

Jennie checked the document and definitely, it’s a large amount that even the monetary wealth that her mother left for her won’t be enough to cover the café’s restoration. It is no surprise however and Jennie had somehow seen this amount coming and probably higher in her wildest nightmares. Everything’s down, nothing’s left, not a single equipment, not a single tool, not one table and only few chairs are usable, and of course the renovation is far from being easy and cheap.

 

“What are your plans for the café?” Jisoo asked when Jennie gave no response but kept on roaming her eyes from the ceiling, down to the floor and to every corner.

 

“I have something in mind but it’s risky. I have to take a lot of considerations.” Jennie sighed.

 

Jisoo tends closer, “What is it? Do you want to tell me first or maybe you’d like to inform your lover first?”

 

And Jennie decided to share it to her best friend first, “I’m going to sell the house and use the money to rebuild this café.”

 

Jisoo gasped straightaway as she heard and Jennie expected it thus she stepped farther from her, putting her guards up to shield herself from Jisoo’s possible fury. “Are you out of your mind Jennie? You’re going to sell your house and where are you going to live? And wasn’t that house given by your father as a part of his share from divorcing your mom? What you’re thinking will never be difficult. Easier to say than done.”

 

“That’s why I told you that my plan risky unnie.” Jennie frowned. “I’m planning to live on the second floor of the café and turn it into my residence. And besides, this café is also my second home unnie. That house, yes it’s important but this café is far more important if it’s about my mom and I. This place is mom’s dream. My dream. Our dream. The house may truly be memorable but you know, this café holds more if you have to ask me. And at least, I won’t have any connections with my dumb father anymore if I sell that house. He cannot come after me anymore just in case.” She then expressed solemnly.

 

Jisoo looked around and finds Jennie’s reasons quite just right. They are in this café almost the entire day and they only go back to their respective homes at night to sleep. This café has witnessed a lot of moments from the customers and the staffs, the happy and sad ones. This café has been a great help for them to become better with their passions and put it into practice. This café is their home, every customers’ escape from sadness and that’s the reality.

 

“You have a point.” Jisoo acknowledged, nodding as she’s satisfied of Jennie’s plans.

 

“And also, once this café is back on operation again, you’ll be able to continue doing your passion again, be a barista and continue on practicing until you become the best. Then we’ll also get Mino-oppa back, ask our old staffs back to work with us and in a better working place, right?” Jennie grinned to persuade her best friend to agree with her.

 

“Okay, fine. I agree.” Jisoo surrendered and Jennie squealed. But then Jisoo turns serious as she asks, “Are you sure about this Jennie?” And Jennie nodded firm. “It hasn’t been so long since you started being in a serious relationship with Chaeyoung but I suggest you should also talk about this to her.” She then recommended.

 

Jennie again nods, “Of course unnie. I’ll meet her tonight in the house since I promised her I’m going to bake her favorite cream puffs before she goes back to Australia soon.”

 

“Wait what? She’s going back to Australia?” Jisoo again let out that loud gasp and Jennie out of whim she defended herself with her arms. “How come I never knew about these plans Jennie Kim? And you’re going to let her go? Then what, you’re going to be alone here doing all the hard works?”

 

“Unnie, relax. You’re overreacting. It’s not like she’s going to stay there forever. She’s just going to settle some things then she’ll be back here immediately.” Jennie clarified and Jisoo was seen breathing out in relief. “She isn’t sure of what she wants to do with her life yet and I also thought that maybe if she goes back to Australia, she might be able to figure it out more about herself and for the future somehow. I know she loves music but I also think she doesn’t know what to do with her love for music yet. So I have to be cooperative as her girlfriend.” She further explained her side.

 

Jennie’s matured way of thinking got Jisoo teasing her as she squeals, “Hey~ look at you acting like someone’s wife already! I would have cringed if you said these same things years ago with Jong-in but now, you’re making me thrilled with your relationship.”

 

“Chaeyoung wants to take things slowly and that’s exactly what I want too since a lot of things had happened. Rushing things might only lead us into huge mistakes we cannot fix.” Jennie replied with this thrilled smirk written all over her. Then she turns to ask, “And how about you, any updates from Lisa since she went back to Thailand?”

 

“She calls me through a video whenever she can but most of the times she updates me through messages and photos since she's a little busy these days too.” Jisoo sighed but then grinned at the thought of Lisa keeping in touch with her through the busy hours.

 

“Is it a lot better than before?” Jennie questioned, referring to her past relationship with Seulgi that consumed her.

 

And Jisoo confidently nodded, “A lot better and absolutely the best. We may not be officially in that kind of relationship but this time, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter