Chapter 12 : Shine and Fly, My Love

[Exclusive] TERRIFIED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12 Shine and Fly, My Love

 

Love is the most powerful emotion, yet complex and complicated at times. It’s not a temporary feeling, not a momentary emotion to be playing around with. Though a simple love can or may change, sometimes daily, unconditional and true love is everlasting, it doesn’t easily change overtime and it stays through the worst and best times. And once found, once grasp and once the chance is there to grab, don’t ever let it go because despite it may be the first, it can be the last and forever.

 

My Dear Jennie,

 

By the time you’re reading this, I’m already up above the sky, from the heavens, watching over you, smiling because I am so proud of you. I wrote this letter as you’re currently having one of the best first dates you have in your life and again, I’m so proud of you that you opened your heart once again and trying to give others chances to get in your heart. I cannot stop smiling as I think of you being thrilled, being deeply in love while reaching your dreams together with your special someone.

 

I am not so sure what will happen about you and Chaeyoung after I write this letter. However, whether you end up as friends or as lovers, but hopefully not strangers, still, I have decided to give her the ability to see the light once again. It’s on this same day that I signed the consent confidently and when the time comes that she will accept this, I want you to be there for her, even for just a day if things won’t go as what I thought of and expected.

 

To you my lovely daughter, I am so sorry it turned out like this. I wanted to do more for you, for us and help you achieve your dreams but I guess this is where I draw the line. It’s disappointing and there’s no such day I am not worried for you. How you’ll live without me, how you’ll manage the business without me, how you’ll reach your dreams without me and how you’ll smile without me, I’ve been worrying about all these things, not until I saw how your friends became your family, the special ones becoming your source of strength. Seeing all of them being your support, I can say I am ready to leave this world at ease.

 

You’ll be fine, Jennie. I’ve seen your worst and best days and you’re able to stand up against everything and put your head up high. There might be more to come, more challenges to face but you’re not alone. You will never be alone. Don’t be scared. Don’t let fear take over you. Don’t be terrified of what’s ahead of you. Even if I am not there physically with you, I will always be here to guide you. Just look above the sky and know that I am always smiling down at you.

 

It’s alright to cry. It’s alright to show your weakness and tell it to someone but always remember, that no matter how hard it gets from hereon, don’t give up. If you cannot run, then walk. If you cannot walk, then crawl. If you cannot crawl, it’s not bad to seek for help especially when you know there’s always someone who is willing to help you up and carry you. Jisoo is there to make you crack up into laughter, your brother-like Mino is there to give you advises anytime you need him. And I trust Chaeyoung would be there too, to keep your heart full in love.

 

There are a lot that I want to tell you in this letter but there are a lot that I cannot put in words anymore. So, my daughter, my strong and dependable Jennie, because this mom of yours cannot hold your hand anymore but definitely watching you forever, I strongly believe you’re reading this with tears in your eyes yet a smile on your face as you’ve become a tough woman, the Jennie that I’m always and forever be proud of.

 

My daughter, I love you so much. Never forget that.

 

Loving you from heavens above,

Mom

 

In her quiet house that turned heavy on this day, Jennie read her mother’s hand-written letter which she left for her and as predicted by her mother, there are tears in her eyes but certainly a smile on her lips. Facing her mother’s ashes in an urn placed in the middle of the table as she sits on the couch, she poured out all her sorrows of losing a mother, the last person she had left in her family. She kept the well-folded letter back to its envelope so it won’t be stained with her teardrops that won’t stop falling.

 

“Hey…” Jisoo came approaching and sat beside her best friend to hold her trembling hands.

 

Jennie sobs while her eyes are fixated at the urn, “Mom sure was strong until the end.”

 

“You’re right. I’m so blessed to have a second mother like her too. There’s no way I’ll forget her kindness.” Jisoo agreed as she reminisced those good old days that Jennie’s mother took care of her like a daughter, letting her play around the house, letting have sleep over with Jennie, and supported her like how she showed support to Jennie.

 

Jennie wiped away her tears and calmed down from her sobs then forces a soft laugh, “I shouldn’t be sitting here doing nothing. Mom is proud of me and she knows I shouldn’t be here being all emotional and useless at the moment. I better move on and do something.”

 

“Speaking of doing something, Alice-unnie called me earlier and said Chaeyoung already regained consciousness. Her operation was successful the other day and she’s transferred to a private room now. Their parents should be arriving a few hours from now too. You should go back to the hospital.” Jisoo informed as she followed her best friend to her room carrying the urn.

 

“I see. So Chaeyoung’s operation was successful. Thank God.” Jennie breathed in relief as if it was her who was on that hospital bed and got operated.

 

Jisoo pokes her best friend’s cheeks as she momentarily spaced out in front of her dresser and teases in a smirk, “Eh~ look who’s proud~ the brand new girlfriend~”

 

Jennie blushes and playfully pushes Jisoo away, “Shut up unnie and let’s go back there. Chaeyoung must be waiting for me too.”

 

“Oh sorry, I can’t come with you.” Jisoo unfortunately returned and earned a questionable look. Thus she explains, “I’m going on a date with Lisa. Well, friendly date to be exact. I have to settle things with her before she goes back to Thailand. I know it may not be the perfect and right time to be going on dates when your mother just passed but… well…”

 

Jennie pinches her best friend’s cheeks as she cuts her off, smiling at her, “Don’t worry about me and go on your first date with Lisa and hopefully not the last one. I feel guilty I couldn’t be much of a help with your love life too you know. But it’s alright, you should go. I’m proud of you. Always know that unnie. I’ll always be here for you too just like how you’re always here with me always. Have fun on your date today.”

 

Jisoo pouts, preventing her tears from coming out, “Geez Jendeukie! You’re going to make me cry!”

 

“Save those tears unnie. Your Lisa Manoban is already outside.” Jennie winked and pointed out through the opened windows where Lisa’s car can be seen parking as she makes her arrival.

 

“Okay, fine.” Jisoo proceeded on picking up her bag as they walked back to the living room and quickly prepares herself, from fixing her attire to neatly combing her hair to look good on her first date. As she faces the mirror and there’s Jennie watching her, she lastly threw teases before dashing away, “Have fun with Chaeyoung too and don’t chicken out once you meet her parents.”

 

Jennie chases Jisoo outside and when she hopped inside the car, she shouted, “You can tell me everything once everything’s settled unnie! I’ll always be here!”

 

Jisoo rolled down the car’s windows and shouts back, “Call me anytime and I’ll be there if you need me!”

 

The best friends waved goodbye until they’re out of sight from each other, even Lisa, the driver, purposely slowed down the car so they can see each other longer before parting ways. Lisa let her passenger recompose herself for a while as she focused on driving, giving her time to redo her make-up and be comfortable with each other’s presence.

 

Once Jisoo was stable, Lisa casually asks while being stuck in the traffic, “Is it alright to leave Jennie on her own?”

 

“She’s going to be with Chaeyoung the whole day today, and surely, Chaeyoung will be there for her. I’ll just end up being a third wheel if I stick with Jennie.” Jisoo said and adds, “Moreover, I have more important thing to do right now and Jennie knows that.”

 

Lisa cannot hide the tint of redness that formed in her cheeks for they both know that the important thing is this first date. There’s no room for hate, no room for sulking and no room for dismay for Lisa right now. She got no time for those negativities and all she can show on this important day is her affection she has for Jisoo, this affection that’s greater than any disappointment she felt for the past days. All that Lisa wants to happen on this day is to show her appreciation and adoration for this woman sitting beside her.

 

Meanwhile, feeling weak still on her hospital bed is Chaeyoung as she’s being checked by the doctor, sitting up on the bed. Aside from disliking the hospital’s scent as she’s being reminded of that day she woke up from that tragic accident and waking up to nothing but darkness, the way she cannot move her feeble body just yet is giving her so much anxiousness and it’s frustrating her at the same time. Though she can move, it’s not exactly how she wants, hence stayed stuck on the bed.

 

Upon checking on her, the doctor pronounces, “We’ll remove the patch in her eyes after twenty-four hours so that would be tomorrow on this exact same time. Avoid moving too much especially carrying heavy things and exerting too much effort because it might affect the healing of your sight. Do not do too much activities and we’ll tell you more instructions once we check the eyes tomorrow when the patches are removed.”

 

“Is it normal she’s feeling weak like this?” Alice worriedly asked when she noticed her sister’s low groans on the bed, being frustrated for not being able to move much.

 

“There are patients and instances that they can move immediately after operation but in her case, since she was asleep the entire time after the operation, it’s normal to feel weak. She’ll regain her energy back soon and after taking regular meals.” The doctor explained last before making an exit out from the room.

 

As soon as the doctor left, Alice straightaway attended to her sister and handed over her favourite meals which Chaeyoung immediately started to dig in with Alice’s help. Unknown to this hungry patient busily munching, Alice’s tears are dropping out of her happiness, out of excitement as finally, the long awaited day is happening, Chaeyoung will see the light once again at last. The day she prayed so hard for, just for her, is about to happen.

 

“Are you crying?” Chaeyoung asked and stopped from eating after hearing that faint sob.

 

Alice chuckles, “I’m just happy for you.”

 

Chaeyoung also beams, “I’m happy too and I cannot wait for tomorrow. It makes me want to fast forward the time.”

 

“Silly.” Alice laughed louder and continues on feeding her sister for more.

 

“By the way, where’s Jennie?” Chaeyoung asked in the middle of chewing big, instantly turning worried for she hasn’t talked and felt her girlfriend’s presence around yet.

 

To which Alice gladly answers, “Jennie was busy arranging her mother’s funeral yesterday and she just put back the ashes to her home earlier. But, you know, I really like her for you. I can see her effort despite going through something. She kept coming back in front of the operating room to visit you then she visited you too when you were still unconscious. She was really nervous and she even kissed you before leaving. How cheesy…”

 

Chaeyoung giggles thrilled, “Is that so? Is it alright to feel like this? I mean, her mother just passed away and yet here I am feeling thrilled and excited.”

 

“You worry too much. It’s alright and besides, I bet Jennie was thrilled too. You can pay a visit to her house and pay respect to her mom once you’re out here so don’t think about it too much. Focus on recovering so you can face everyone properly soon.” Alice said and stuffed her sister’s mouth full of rice.

 

And in between her huge munches she blabbers, “I just miss her so much. I want her to see her already.”

 

“It was only a day and you miss me already?” Jennie appeared as she arrived at a right time and caught her lover eating mouthful.

 

Chaeyoung squealed on the bed and almost choked on the food, bringing laughter on both Alice and Jennie. She extended her arms asking for a hug from her girlfriend which Jennie didn’t mind doing so, going to her and gave her that tight bear hug she needs, telling her through this how much they miss each other so much. If only Chaeyoung isn’t fragile, she could give her a tighter one but for this time, she let Jennie dominate her and she’s enjoying this warmth that only Jennie can give her.

 

“I missed you too.” Jennie whispered and planted a quick kiss on her forehead.

 

“Why on the forehead?” Chaeyoung whined and demanded for more, pouting her lips as she asks to be kissed on the lips instead.

 

And Alice shrieks and cringes, “Oh my God Chaeng! Have shame a little bit! I’m still here in case you’re forgetting!”

 

But Jennie wasn’t bothered by anyone’s presence and granted the childish Chaeyoung’s wish, leaning to her lips and gave her a deep kiss she isn’t letting go that quick. At first Alice, being the spectator of this sweet and passionate moment, was surprised and for a moment she had a disgusted look. However, as she realized this is such an important moment of togetherness, especially for her sister whom she knows longing for her girlfriend, she soon smiled warm and let them be this passionate before her eyes.

 

Though she’s happy for her sister’s love, Alice also felt awkward being around these lovers, hence she had to speak up and break them apart, “Should I step out as always to give you couple time?”

 

While Jennie said “No, it’s alright.”, the annoyed Chaeyoung as their moment was cut off groaned, “Yes please. Leave us alone for a while.”

 

“Chaeng, don’t be rude.” Jennie had to say and lightly pinched Chaeyoung’s arm for a lesson. “Your sister was the one who looked after you the entire time and don’t just send her away like that.” She then further lectured but not forgetting to comfort her because she knows she can be sensitive at this moment.

 

“Sorry.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

Alice however re-joins, “It’s okay Jennie. I’ll really leave here anyway and I was only waiting for you to come back here and look after her for me. I have to go to the airport and fetch our parents. They should be arriving anytime soon so I should be there early too.”

 

“I see. Don’t worry, I won’t leave Chaeyoung alone here. I’ll stay with her.” Jennie assured.

 

And before Alice leaves, she walked to her sister to whisper, “Behave yourself and control your damn hormones. This is the hospital and not the hotel, let me just remind you.”

 

But Chaeyoung smirks, “Well, you won’t know anymore since you’re leaving anyway. Don’t forget to lock the door too.”

 

“Seriously…” Alice grumbled as she rolled her eyes and gave her one last nudge of warning.

 

As Alice left them alone feeling a little doubtful, Jennie went to sit on the bedside but the persistent patient made a larger space on the bed and tapped beside her, asking Jennie to join her and lay down together comfortably. Jennie was initially reluctant, not because she doesn’t want to be intimate with her, but because they are in the hospital and the door is closed though not locked, meaning anyone can come in and out anytime and see them.

 

“Come here.” Chaeyoung commanded and gently pulled Jennie towards her until she ended up falling on top unintentionally.

 

“People might come in.” Jennie madly blushed yet didn’t move out however, even properly positioning herself beside her lover and be comfortable in her arms she wrapped around her for a cuddle.

 

Chaeyoung snuggles her closer and positively hisses, “Nah, it’s okay so they would know I’m taken and you are too. Besides, it’s not prohibited to do this here and we’re not doing anything wrong. So, why not?”

 

“Really, I didn’t expect you’re this clingy.” Jennie giggled and gave in at last, placing an arm around Chaeyoung’s waist and planted a quick kiss on her cheek.

 

The two embraced and held each other in the midst of silence as they relish this moment of togetherness. Chaeyoung never felt so love before, aside from the love she’s receiving unconditionally from her family. Despite the huge numbers of ex-lovers she had in the past, none of those made her feel this comfortable and secured, loved and cared, accepted and without judgments. This warm feeling that Jennie is unknowingly giving her, it eases away every worries, every concern and anything that bothers her. Everything negative just vanishes and she can only feel better, or perhaps in her best shape soon.

 

Having this in mind, Chaeyoung reached for Jennie’s chin so she would look up on her as they face each other and once she did, she searched for her lips next and leaned down to kiss her. It came as a surprise for Jennie, yet nonetheless she willingly returned it as passionate as Chaeyoung is. They didn’t need words for this moment to happen as their heart automatically synced as one, even giggling in between kisses whenever they temporarily separate just to breathe.

 

“You know, I’m excited.” Chaeyoung hissed close to Jennie’s lips that she’s caressing with her thumb. “I’ll be able to see you tomorrow. I heard for the first few days, my sight will be kind of blurry since I have to adjust. Then it will get better until I can see crystal clear again, depending on how fast I’ll adjust and recover.” She went on and captured her lips once again but a quick one as she kept their foreheads together.

 

Jennie repositioned herself better and protected Chaeyoung and herself under the blanket so Chaeyoung would be comfortable and wouldn’t cause any unnecessary damages while she’s still recovering. Indeed she’s relaxed and easy with Chaeyoung’s touch but she couldn’t help to let out a sigh, “I’m worried though. I’m quite nervous to be honest.”

 

“But why?” Chaeyoung wondered.

 

Jennie cradles her lover closer and expresses her worries, “What if you get disappointed of me? I mean, I’m not really that pretty and you might get turned off then you’ll regret being with me.”

 

Chaeyoung burst out into laughter as she heard this, causing Jennie to pout at her reaction. “Hey, are you serious?” She then asked in between her constrained chuckles.

 

“What’s funny? Of course I’m serious. I’m not really confident with how I physically look. I’ve been always focused on baking and working that I don’t give so much attention to taking care of myself physically.” Jennie sulked but there she goes drawing circles on Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung kissed her forehead before pulled her head closer and let it be buried on her chest. Jennie said none to this action but certainly enjoys this affection. Chaeyoung let her hear these fast heartbeats just for her, these skipping beats that only happen whenever they are together, yet so good to feel it won’t stop. Their presence for each other is being felt genuinely and this Jennie knew what Chaeyoung wants to tell her already.

 

“Don’t say that you aren’t pretty.” Chaeyoung whispered while her chin comfortably rested onto Jennie’s head. “You’re beautiful inside and out, whatever you say. For me, you’re beautiful. How you physically look like is just a bonus for me. Sometimes I do imagine your physical traits but you know what? I chose to love the woman who has a big and kind heart to love a blind woman like me, this woman who’s hearing my heart right now beating for her, this woman I’d love to tell the whole world that she’s my girlfriend who accepted me for who I am, for who I was and for whoever I’ll become.”

 

Jennie heard these sincere words loud and clear. She buried her face deeper onto Chaeyoung’s chest and held her by the waist tighter as she quietly lets out her tears of happiness flow and drench the hospital gown. Chaeyoung’s words are dreamlike and truly heart-warming for Jennie who deeply felt her sincerity and truthfulness just basing from her tone, and the way she touches her. Her heart is so full at this and how amazed she is that her heart can fall deeper than before, more than how she used to be and this affection she’s building up for Chaeyoung is incomparable and she knows this fully well.

 

Jennie stayed in that position and mumbles, “I love you.”

 

“I love you more.” Chaeyoung responded with a light squeeze by Jennie’s shoulder. “Let’s sleep. I know you’re tired too.” She then said but not letting Jennie go, not letting her go off the bed to go to that vacant couch for her to sleep, rather she wants to stay cuddled with her.

 

Jennie giggles thrilled at this gesture, “You’re surprisingly clingy.”

 

“Aren’t you too?” Chaeyoung chuckled back as she’s starting to doze off.

 

“I am.” Jennie smiled and together they went to their dreamland.

 

They’re already in their deep and sound sleep when Mino knocked the door but no one responded, thus he stepped in without reservations for a visit. As a result, he found the cuddling couple on the hospital bed, so close that no one can separate them apart. Mino decided not to say anything to disrupt them and carefully walked to leave the flowers on the table before leaving with a smile on his lips, happy of the end result of their rollercoaster-like love story.

 

On the other hand, while her best friend is having the much needed love and comfort she needs from Chaeyoung, Jisoo meanwhile is stuck with Lisa who brought her to an unfamiliar place of the town. Truly Jisoo doesn’t know much of the area and it surprises her that a tourist like Lisa knows about this, but she don’t. However, despite the place being unfamiliar, as soon as she hopped down of the car, a huge grin formed on Jisoo’s lips and excitement filled her in a snap.

 

They are at a village full of tourist, specifically people who are coffee enthusiasts, for this is a place perfect for coffee lovers like Jisoo. It’s like an amusement park yet everything’s about coffee, every corner is a coffee store, everything is coffee coloured as if she can eat and drink all of it. It’s nearly like those she had seen from Fairytale books when everything can be consumed and all are enchanted, when an entire village is everything she loves and nothing can be seen dull.

 

By the entrance, Jisoo was stunned with the beauty of the place with parted, “I didn’t know this kind of place exists near the town. How come no one told me about this yet?”

 

“It’s because this area only opened last week and people are starting to know this more and more now.” Lisa said and pulled Jisoo with her to go farther inside the village-like coffee paradise. Then she goes on explaining, “I thought of bringing you to an amusement park but then I also thought it’s too common. Then last night, I saw my followers talking about this place in the comment section so I decided to check it out. So, here we are.”

 

“It’s beautiful! Thank you!” Jisoo squealed and her hand unconsciously intertwined with Lisa who didn’t mind tightening it so she won’t let go as they walk together.

 

Lisa looks at her and smiles, “Today is all about you, okay? Let’s enjoy and forget everything, at least for today. I want you, I want us, to be happy today.”      

 

These remarks, although positive, it somehow ended up reminded of Jisoo about what this day truly means. It may be their first date but it could also mean their goodbye, perhaps their last date as well. She isn’t certain what’s going on inside Lisa’s mind for all she has is smile, her bubbly side she always shows as if there’s nothing to worry about, as if she didn’t hurt her of her cowardice. It makes her glad she’s smiling but it also pains her for she doesn’t know if this would be the last time she’ll see this.

 

Nevertheless, for Jisoo isn’t certain of it as well, she chose to smile as wide as Lisa is and relish this day with her. Disregarding all the burdens and weight for this time, at least for this very moment, Jisoo takes her time to shift her emotions and her attitudes that she had always shown to Lisa, her personality that’s almost the same as hers, her sense of humour that can be compared to hers that’s always hyped and energetic.

 

“Do you also have places like this in Thailand?” Jisoo casually asked though her chest feels so heavy to carry as they continues walk hand-in-hand. “I haven’t really travelled outside the country so I don’t really know anything much.” She then also added.

 

To which Lisa reacts in a gasp, “You haven’t been into overseas? Really? Why am I only knowing about that now? But yes, there are few places like this, not only in Thailand but also other countries too.”

 

“It’s because I’m too busy to be even going around. I only have weekends as my free days and whenever I have a week-long of vacation, I’d rather go back to the countryside and spend time with my family.” Jisoo said and released Lisa’s hand so she can hop on ahead, excited to see more of what this rare place could give her.

 

Lisa watched her date showing so much enthusiasm with almost everything that she sees, these coffee shops they pass by and souvenir shops wherein she isn’t forgetting to buy at least one item. Unknown to Jisoo however, Lisa is as well anxious of the time that’s running out for the both of them. Even though she had decided to give herself a time and be far from all the pain she felt, recollect herself while being away from Jisoo, it’s also hard for her to be saying goodbye soon.

 

“Hey, Lisa! What are you doing there?” Jisoo shouted from a distance as Lisa spaced out and found herself stopping midway.

 

Lisa snapped back from reality and forced a smile, “Sorry. I just saw something interesting here.”

 

As Jisoo went ahead once again with those little hops and bags she’s swaying, Lisa took the opportunity to take a photo of her back, not from her cameras where all Jisoo’s photos were deleted, but on her smartphone where sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter