fin.

honeymoon

it was a beautiful day in jeju, with two lovebirds hand in hand wandering the streets.

"this place changed a lot..." sana stated, visibly amused by how the place changed. "I remember when we came here for our honeymoon, this wasn't here yet." she added, pointing to the building in front of them.

dahyun just smiled as sana talked.

sana was right, everything have changed, from the buildings, to the people around them. 2 years ago, they can even count the people by hand, but today, there's just so many. 

"what do you want to eat?" dahyun smiled as she looked at sana, their hands still intertwined. 

"hmm... something cold? how about icecream!" sana cheerfully said.

as they walk to find a nearby icecream shop, dahyun felt sana leaning on her shoulder. 

"did I do this to you back then?" sana chuckled. 

"you did, I remember." dahyun agreed. 

they ate icecream, went shopping for clothes. basically, they were just redoing everything they did back on their honeymoon; that was two years ago. 

it felt nice, dahyun thought. it felt nice to redo things that made you the happiest person alive, to be with the person who gave you so much reason to live, the person who made you feel lucky, the person who gave you so much to remember. 

the love, it was still there, in her eyes, Dahyun saw it, it never left. 

-

back in their hotel, sana flopped on the bed as soon as the door opened, letting out a tired sigh. 

"you wanna sleep?" dahyun asked softly as she put their bags on the table. 

"no, I wanna cuddle." sana said lowly. 

dahyun smiled to herself, not waiting for another second to pass; she quickly turned everything down and went to bed with Sana. 

just like the last time they were here, sana felt dahyun's warmth. her embrace didn't change at all, it still gave her tingles. for everything that she should treasure, dahyun's warmth was the only thing she wanted to remember. 

"let's get drunk." sana heard dahyun say, and nods her head in agreement. 

they went out, finding themselves drinking at a counter in a small bar, they were almost the only customer there. 

2 tequila shots, they were still chill. 

4 tequila shots, dahyun felt her body absorbing all the heat the universe could give. 

6 tequila shots, sana's world was turning too fast she couldn't handle it. 

14 tequila shots.


"I love you."

"I love you too."

dahyun smiled, her eyes blurry but focused on sana. 

another tequila shot.

"sana, we didn't drink the last time we went here right? that's because we were here to celebrate back then." dahyun laughed, but her eyes didn't seem happy. 

sana just looked at her as she talked, tears starting to form in her eyes. 

"those two years changed us a lot, it made us grow... apart..." and there dahyun felt her eyes bursting out tears. 

another tequila shot.

"dahyun stop drinking.." 

"no, I have to drink. alcohol takes away all my senses, I feel numb, and able to talk. now what do you wanna hear? my beloved wife? do you want me to tell you that I don't love you anymore? well I would need more alcohol to be able to say that out!" dahyun confronted, trying so hard to stand up but failing, causing quite a mess on the table. 

"dahyun please let's go home."

another tequila shot.

"okay I'll say it..." 

dahyun calmed down. 

"I don't.. I don't love-" 

"sana.. I can't... I love you so much.." she cried out, with sana embracing her. she didn't want to make a mess but her emotions were just too much. 

they struggled to go back to their hotel room, with dahyun punching the air, cursing at everyone and being such a mess. 

"I'm okay." she whispered upon entering the room. sana just looked at her, trying to control herself from crying. 

dahyun slowly walked closer to sana who was standing near the door. 

closer, and closer until they were only centimetres apart. 

"I'm sorry.." dahyun said softly, wiping the tears off sana's cheek, kissing her forehead. 

"it just... hurts... so bad.. I'm sorry." she apologized again, pulling sana in her arms. 

then sana pulled back, looking at dahyun's eyes, "it's okay, it hurts for me too." 

"can we.. atleast do what we did at our honeymoon, before the night ends-" dahyun wished. 

but even before she could finish her sentence, sana was already kissing her.

it felt like the first time, sana's lips were still as sweet as candy, candies that she knew she wouldn't find ever again.

they continued kissing; dahyun loved how sana still smiled between their kisses, it felt like years since she last saw her smile. 

the warmth. the heat that dahyun was feeling earlier, was replaced with an ice-cold air as sana took her clothes off, feeling dahyun's milky skin with her cold hands. 

only if she could stop the time, only if she could rewind, only if she could reset.

she would do everything. just for this to happen again.

dahyun kissed sana's neck, preying on her as if it was a tiger's last meal. she touched her with such emotion, she was angry, she was sad, she was happy, she was inlove. the emotions were too strong it made sana moan out of pleasure. 

that's how it went before their came and the curtains closed. sana collapsed on dahyun's chest, breathing harshly as she put a soft kiss under her chin. 

sana was so tired, she wanted to fall asleep, but before she could even close her eyes, she whispered to herself. 

"I love you Dahyunie, but the world doesn't want us together."

and then she fell deep asleep. 

----------

"before you leave me, sana. tomorrow is our honeymoon anniversary, please spend the day with me. I won't bother you anymore until the papers are settled, just please, for one last time, even if it's just pretend."

"love me."

-----------

dahyun woke up with a heavy bang on her head, it was pounding so hard, she didn't want to open her eyes.

she smiled. "I love you still, kim S-

she sighed. 

"minatozaki sana."

"and I always will."

tears fell out of her eyes for the last time, looking at the empty side of her bed, there was a small paper. 

"thank you for two years, kim dahyun. you were a great wife, soon you will find a better person, who can love you more than I did. you made me happy, now it's time for you to feel the same, I love you."

she smiled, holding the paper tightly, trying to control herself. 

she should have begged.

but it was too late.