Chapter 1: How it all starts...

The Fall | Are We Allowed? [Minayeon AU]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: I only own this fanfic. It was imagined, created and written only by myself. Please refrain from reproducing, imitating, re-posting, copying, etc entirely or partially this story, and if anyone does see that happening please report it.

 

Chapter 1: How it all starts...

Mina POV

I'm Myoui Mina, a senior student at JYP University, one of the best students of my prom, business major, the heir of one of the most powerful companies in the world. 

Today is the start of the new school year. This is my last year at college. Next year I will be officially the CEO of Myoui Corp, and I will have all the responsibility of my father's company. So, I need to keep my grades high for my family's honor and the company's pride.

***

Nayeon POV

It's my first day as a professor at JYP College, I'm so nervous... I'm a Management professor. How rude of me: my name is Im Nayeon, nice to meet you. What am I saying? Talking to myself again? Argh! I'm too nervous to think straight. (Now that I think about it I can't think straight since I'm not).

I breathe slowly, I breathe in and out, trying to calm my heart that paces my walk and mute the sounds around me, I just hear my heart pounding in my ears. I feel my body hot, shaking and shivering. I head to the restroom, refresh my face and put on my slight makeup again. I look at my reflection, I look perfect. I fix my sweater. It's perfect, elegant but chill. I put my quasi-inexistent bangs on the side to uncover my forehead. Okay, I'm ready. I try to relax a little bit, I breathe in and out. In and out... 

Facing students is one of the most terrifying things for me. Judging eyes scanning my whole body, ears waiting for the first mistake, mouths waiting for the first stutter so that they can hang open and let mocker sounds fly from them. It's stressing, all those faces scrutinizing your face, your body, your voice, every single move you make...

My feet unconsciously lead me in front of that door. The door that I have to open to enter the classroom, the door to hell. It's still early anyway. I decide to ridiculously wait a couple of minutes before entering...

***

Mina POV

My first class today is Management. I hurry up and walk towards the building where the class takes place while people give way to me. Some men even stop walking and just watch me with ridiculous heart eyes. One of them, more daring, make me advances: "Wanna grab a cup of coffee with me, Myoui-ssi?" I quickly answer that I'm busy and walk away. Yep. I'm popular. With guys mostly. And it's one of the most exasperating things when you are good-looking and stinking rich. Because that's the only thing that interests them: money. As I already said before, I'm the heir of one of the most important companies in Asia, Myoui Corp. Most of them don't even try to court me, because I have a helpful reputation of Ice-Queen just because I concentrate on my studies and business, so they just "admire" me from afar.

Sometimes I'm just tired of all that attention, people judging every single act of mine, judging my friends, my grades, my look. It's exasperating. Moreover, I don't even like men. Obviously, I can't come out at school because it could affect my reputation and even my business. So, I just play the HTGST (Hard-To-Get-Straight-Girl). It's not that I haven't dated anyone before, I mean, I had some secret dates in high school and in my freshmen years, but they were all living stereotypes, they were too eccentric, too much. 

I wasn't very lucky with dating since all the people that could interest me would end up being selfish and egocentric, looking for attention or interested  on my money, so, I decided to just concentrate on studies, trying to always beat the best grades, and work mid-time in MCorp.

I'm currently in the building where my class is going to take place. I know the campus by heart, so I don't need to read the indications to find the right classroom. I'm ten minutes early. Great. I settle in the second row. There are some other students who came early like me. I take this opportunity to check my messages, time passes quickly as I answer an important email for MCorp (Myoui Corp).

It's already five minutes to nine a.m. I mute my phone and I take out a water bottle of my backpack. Almost all the students are here now. Suddenly a young woman who I never saw before comes in through the door on the left side of the classroom. That door is reserved for professors! Normally, students can't enter from there. Maybe she is a transferred student, that would explain it. I take my time to look at her. She is stunning, she has long black hair, a thin body, she's probably a little bit taller than me. She seems more mature than other students and that intrigues me. She also has a foreign vibe. Hey! What is she doing? I realize that she is settling some files on the professor's desk. Wait. No way...

"Good morning! I'm Im Nayeon, CEO of Im Corp and your new Management teacher." she says with a bright smile revealing her cute bunny teeth

Im Corp is one of Myoui Corp's main opponents, my Father told me about her because he wants us to work with her. I knew that Im Corp was recently created by a determined woman etc. but I could never imagine that she was so young, I mean, look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter