From Eden - Hozier (I)

The Art of War

I didn't actually get to meet you (or talk to you) until a few months after, the ground was dusted with frozen whites as a peculiar warm breeze caressed me while trying to avoid the cameras that littered the compound. Camp Serlttre was a small army camp where the army chief sometimes hold their meetings in clandestine. Its practically building lumped together near the Margove border (5 if you include our house and the small cell tower). I couldn't sleep, so I decided why not try to do something stupid and visit the prisoners that's right across from where I live? 

 

I admit I was both shocked and confused with what you said to the jury. Your lone statement was contradictory. Jackson was on guard duty that night so gaining access wasn't a problem. He was a former suitor, and I'm way too busy to entertain him. Besides, I think he's more inlove with my father and power than with me. He was a bit hesistant at first, and honestly who wouldn't? Hey, you came from enemy lines, it was only logical. I gave them assurance that it won't take long and cameras are everywhere plus the security within the main building could basically come from some scifi cyberpunk utopia,  after a few minutes of discussion regarding back up plans when stuff go sideways, he finally agreed (hinting that accidentally informing General Bae about while we're at dinner he deserves a promotion also helped more, i guess)

 

Liminal spaces are weird. Where everything is amiss, where there's a nagging feeling at the back of your neck that gives you goosebumps for nothing at all. They're like the pauses between breaths. And on that pause, I decided, how bad could it be, to talk to you? But its 2:23 AM and my chances of actually doing that is slim to none. The main building only has a single holding hall, the rest of the floors are offices, that comprises the L shaped structure. The hall  was the tail in the letter L and it was of course, deserted, the only lights illuminating the entire 3rd floor was coming from the anteroom and the cells you were detained in.

A few meters before I reach the door I herd humming---- and shouting.

"Good god, Lisa, shut the up!"

"I'm not even talking! Rosie is the one mumbling here."

"That stupid guard forgot to ing close all the soundproof walls again."

I've read every single file of the "fallen" . All of were basic information though, like names, the time and place of your arrest. And we aren't even sure if that is really your real names.

"Guys, can you stop for a few seconds? Somebody's here." a calmer voice announced. 

"If that somebody is that whackass Goldbloom--whatever the heck his name is, I'm gonna strangke him to death." 

"Byul, you really need to stop your obsession with the guy, jesus. And its Bogum. What are you, 12?"

 

You were brought to Serlttre because its the closest one that has any holding facility to where you were captured. And my brother thought that we could use you as a bargaining chip. A decision we will despise in the near future.