two

Love Maze

This couldn’t be happening. 

 

Jungkook swallowed the knot in his throat. His whole body was numb, he was sure he was going to pass out from an anxiety any second. Why? Why did it have to be him of all people? There was no way in hell he was getting this job now. He cursed under his breath as he sat down slowly. How did he not know that this man was the head of the company? Why didn’t he do his research properly? Why was he such an idiot?

 

Taehyung adjusted the cuffs on his sleeve and sat down as well, picking up some papers. He watched Jungkook for a minute, scanning him up and down. It almost felt like his eyes were swallowing him whole and it made him even more nervous.

 

“Let’s get started.” He spoke then.

 

Jungkook clasped his hands tightly together in his lap. “O-Okay.”

 

Taehyung cleared his throat. “Why should I hire you to work for me?”

 

He racked his brain quickly. He’d reviewed this question so many times. “Um, I’ve always been sort of interested in design, but I never really pursued anything in that field. I feel like this job might be a small step in the right direction, hopefully. I think I can learn a lot while I’m here. But other than that, I’m a hard worker and a quick learner. So I’ll always be on top of any tasks you give me-”

 

“You’re 21?” Taehyung interrupted him, sounding uninterested in everything he just said. 

 

“Yeah...Why?”

 

“Nothing,” He tapped his pen against his chin in thought. “Just explains why you seem a little bit immature. I don’t really know if I want a kid working for me.”

 

Jungkook was caught off guard by his words. Immature? He was trying his best to act mature right now and keep his composure. How was he immature? And he was a whole adult, where exactly did he see a kid? “I can promise you that I’m not as immature as I may come off-”

 

Taehyung snorted. 

 

He frowned. “What is it?” 

 

“Nothing,” He shook his head, trying to stifle a laugh. “Just tell me what you know about the company.”

 

Jungkook adjusted himself in his seat. Why was he laughing at him? It rubbed him the wrong way and made him more anxious. He began talking about what he could vaguely remember about the company. His memory was becoming fuzzy, he was starting to forget some of his information because of all this anxiety and stress. 

 

He glanced at Taehyung once he was finished speaking and noticed he wasn’t even paying attention, just scrolling boredly through his phone. He wasn’t even taking this seriously, couldn’t he at least act a little more professional? What was the point of this hiring process if he just didn’t care in the end? Jungkook clenched his teeth. He’d prepared so much for this, only for it all to just blow up in his face. It pissed him off. It pissed him off that he gave off such a bad first impression and that this man just seemed like a selfish altogether. This whole entire thing wasn’t in his favour from the start, why did he even bother trying? He wasn’t cut out for this . 

 

He was trying desperately to embrace the doubt in that moment, but there was no point. There was no going back from this. He should just give up now and move on.

 

“You know what,” He slammed his hands down onto the table and stood slowly. Taehyung glanced up from his phone. “You told me I’m immature and you’re probably right, I honestly have no idea what the I’m doing right now and I’m extremely chaotic sometimes, but that’s why I think working here would benefit me. “

 

“You, you’re so young and yet you’re at the forefront of one of the biggest companies in this country. You’re someone I aspire to be, someone who’s accomplished their dreams and is basically set for life. I-I think working for you, I could learn something. Maybe about work ethic or passion or drive, I don’t know. But helping you out, it will motivate me to do better, to become a cooler person. I want to take inspiration from you.”

 

Taehyung watched him carefully. 

 

Jungkook picked up his things, gripping his bag tightly. “But, it’s obvious I’m not the right person for this job. I already made a fool out of myself in front of you from before and ruined my chances here. So I think it’s better if I just go, sorry for wasting your time.”

 

He turned around and walked back towards the door. But he paused in the doorway. What made him hesitate to leave? Was he waiting for him to call him back, maybe change his mind? He dropped his head and chuckled softly to himself. When would he stop being delusional? 

He picked his pride up off the floor and left the office. 


 

**

 

Taehyung kissed Jimin hard, the stress and exhaustion from that day slowly dripping from his body. He pinned him down onto the bed, trailing his lips down towards his jaw and neck, on the skin slowly. Jimin moaned and clasped his shirt in his hands, Taehyung removed it quickly allowing his fingers to trace his abdomen. He felt them go past his navel and catch in the belt of his pants, tugging eagerly.

 

Taehyung pulled away slightly and bit his lip. He always stopped himself short. Tonight he wasn’t in the mood to go that far. He took Jimin’s hands carefully and moved them back down towards his side. Jimin opened his eyes and gave him that same pouty, disappointed look he always gave him when he didn’t get his way. Taehyung ignored it and ran a tired hand through his hair, moving himself to the edge of the bed.

 

He grabbed the champagne that sat on the dresser and poured himself a glass, sipping slowly. Jimin sat up after a while and s his arms around his waist, resting his cheek comfortably on his back. “You seem like you have a lot on your mind, do you wanna talk about it?” He whispered. 

 

Taehyung downed the rest of the alcohol, let it burn his throat. “It’s getting late, maybe you should go.”

 

“No. You always do this, push me away when you don’t want to talk. It’s annoying. I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what’s wrong.” 

 

He closed his eyes. “I’ve just been really busy and I’m a bit tired, that’s all. It’s nothing serious. I just need some space to think.” 

 

Jimin’s grip loosened slightly. “So why did you even invite me over in the first place?”

 

The room fell silent. They both already knew the answer, it was a rhetorical question at that point. Jimin was his distraction, but he couldn’t be distracted. He was something to get his mind off work, but he couldn’t get his mind off work. He was just a temporary fix, a necessary evil. Taehyung didn’t want to use him so much, but sometimes he couldn’t resist. He just needed his company and his warmth. Sometimes staying in that penthouse alone was almost like locking himself in a small, suffocating room. He spent so much time in his studio, slaving over his designs, sketches, and schedules that he felt like he was going insane. 

 

He’d started his company at a young age and blew up in the industry immediately, some even called him a prodigy. But becoming that successful only at the age of 23; it took a toll on him. Jimin was his only relief from that. He’d had other people before, but they just weren’t the same, didn’t give him the same feeling when he touched or kissed them. Not to mention most of them were scared and tense around him, kept their distance and left him alone. 

 

But Jimin was different, could tell from the moment he saw him. When he put on the clothes he spent hours designing and sewing, the way the material flowed effortlessly over his body like water, and his elegant curve as he walked. Taehyung had never seen anything like it before and he wanted all of it, every last part of him. But Jimin was his client, it almost felt wrong to be so attached to him. That’s why Taehyung made sure not to get closer than he needed, forced himself to have some sort of self control. But it was hard. 

 

“Is it about Namjoon?” Jimin asked then and his name sent chills up his spine. “I know how tough it’s been for you these past few months. Trying to find a new personal assistant after what happened to him has probably been so difficult-”

 

“It’s not about him.” Taehyung interrupted, he felt sick talking about it. 

 

He let go of his waist slowly. “Oh...Then what is it? Is it about the interviews? How did they go today?”

 

He shook his head, getting a headache again thinking about the whole thing. No one met his standards, he admitted he was a bit harsh and careless with a few of them. But that’s because they just simply weren’t worth his time. Except there was one, what was his name...He kept sitting in the back of his mind-

 

“Was there someone there named Jungkook?” Jimin asked and Taehyung looked at him in surprise. 

 

“Ah...Yeah, there was.”

 

He gave a small smile. “I met him in the washroom and we talked for a bit, I thought he was really cute. We’re gonna go out to dinner sometime soon.”

 

“Tch, what’s so cute about him?” He muttered under his breath, remembering the mess he caused at the party. That was one of his favourite suits that he ruined and his weird dancing, it still traumatized him. 

 

Jimin poked him playfully. “Oh stop being so jealous.” 

 

“I’m not.” He huffed, but he kind of was. 

 

“I like him, he seems like he has a lot of potential. I think you should give him a chance.” 

 

Taehyung fell quiet and thought back to what he said before leaving. No one had ever openly admitted before that they looked up to him. It almost felt like he was doing something right, gave him more strength. But he didn’t know, there was just something so immature and chaotic about him. It rubbed Taehyung the wrong way. He seemed like he’d be more of a problem than a helping hand. 

 

But, Jimin seemed interested in him. Maybe he should keep him close just to keep an eye on him in case anything happened between them. And he guessed If anything did go wrong on the job, he could always just easily fire him anyways. It would be a bit of a nuisance, but his schedule was getting more and more packed by the second. He needed the extra help sooner than later.

 

He sighed. “I’ll consider him as an option.” 

 

“Really?” Jimin replied in shock. “You barely ever listen to my opinions when it comes to your work, I’m surprised.” 

 

“Well…”

 

He kissed him softly on the cheek. “I guess that’s what happens when you’re jealous huh, you get more lenient.”

 

Jimin kept planting soft kisses on his face and he shivered. “I already told you I wasn’t jealous.”

 

“Mhm, right. So you won’t care if I bring Jungkook back to my place and we have really, really hot -”

 

Taehyung turned and their lips connected, he pushed Jimin back down again and stared at him, taking in all of his delicate beauty. 

 

Jimin smirked, Taehyung’s eyes falling back onto his soft red lips. “I thought you said you wanted me to leave.”

 

He leaned forward, melting into another kiss. 

 

“I changed my mind.”