»one

The Married Man [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOSEOK's POV

 

"Yes! Run! Run with the ball! Shoot! shoot!" Chaewon shot the ball and it went soaring from midfield and I felt my heart stop as the crowd went hush around me. Until the ball hit the back of the white soccer net and the crowd went wild. I couldn't hold my excitement as I jumped up and down hugging Yebin who stood beside me just as excited as I was.

Chaewon is our youngest, at 14 she already had a bright future ahead of herself in a soccer career, and if she did keep with that she could easily become anything she wanted to be with how hard she pushed herself to be the best she could be.

Maybe I'm a bit basis because she's my daughter and all. But she's the perfect kid.

And of course no child is actually perfect, but Chaewon came pretty close.

And her brother, Chanwoo was pretty great too.

Life was pretty great.

Or, it was on the outside it was.

But inside -- in my head, there was a lot going on. A lot of fighting. A lot of mental arguments about this and that, bills and all the fun stuff that kills your childhood once you turn twenty. Or in the case of Yebin and myself when you're seventeen and sixteen and find out after three months of dating that you're going to have a baby and you've got to square up and take on your responsibilities.

I would never call Chanwoo a mistake, he was more of a happy accident.

Like I had said, Yebin and I were not together very long when we had found out we were going to be teenage parents. And with her dad being a pastor we were on our own pretty quick. I had been living on my cousin's couch since I was about ten after dad died of cancer and mom had to 'take a break' from parenting and find herself. She now lives in Namyangju with her new husband and their three dogs.

I'm not bitter about it. I could understand, your life gets flipped upside down and even if you have children sometimes you just need to get away. I could never do that to my kids though, leave them without a parent. But everyone was different and mom always made it a point to come ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter