Sana

Some Things Never Change

"Sana, look! Isn't that Chaeyoung?"
Upon hearing his name, I instantly shifted my vision to the way Nayeon pointed out.
"He is with Mina. Aren't you gonna say hi?"
I shook my head. 

'They look great together' I told myself.
I saw Chaeyoung talking to Mina, he smiled at her lovingly, she elbowed him and they laughed. I missed his laughter so much. I smiled at the sight of his happy face, but a part of my heart ached from the pain. I was not the one who elated his heart.
"Sana, it's been 2 years. Aren't you gonna tell him?" Nayeon looking at me concerned.
"I know you still love him". The last sentence of her stung my heart. Because it was true. I still love him after all these years. I always love him.
"But he doesn't love me anymore" I said, my eyes fixated at them.
" I hurt him. Not only once but so many times. I was a coward. I should have let him go long time ago but I couldn't."
" He looks happy now. I'm glad. My prayer has been granted." I added.
Nayeon looked at me with a sad face. I knew she wanted to protest but kept silence instead.
"Okay then, let's go Sana. Our lunch time will soon ended."
She held my hand as if telling me to stay strong. I held her hand tightly trying to hold the tears that had started to well up since a while ago. Stealing the last glance, I stepped my feet away.


The past
"Sana, Sana. Look! Isn't this beautiful?" I took a glance at his favorite camera screen.
"Gosh my girlfriend is so pretty. I could stare at this picture forever."
"Hm" I hummed shortly which finally earned his attention. He raised one eyebrow.
"What's wrong? Is something bothering you?"
"Yes. You!"
"Me? Why? What did I do wrong?"
"Because you have been staring at your pocket camera for hours." I glared at him making him choked a little.
"Because your pictures are beautiful" he tried to defend himself
"I know! But you could stare at me, the real Minatozaki Sana live instead of only admiring my pictures." I pouted and stabbed a mini cherry tomato with my fork from my packed lunch box, shoving it to his mouth.
He welcomed the red rounded vegetable joyfully, then chuckled.
"What? What's so funny?" I asked him, still in my grumpy tone.
"You're so cute you know?"
"So what? I know I' m cute." I replied proudly trying to hide my blushing cheek.
"If you're going to play with your camera the whole day then I'll leave now- " I arose from my seat, trying to complete my sentence but his hand grasped mine and the next thing I knew was he kissing me. Our lips brushed against each other, eyes closed, tongues fighting for dominance. The very moment felt so surreal yet so magical. It was amazing how a kiss could do wonders.
"I do love the pictures but the Sana in front of me is still and will always be my favorite. I love you." He said breathlessly after we broke our steamy kiss.
I smiled widely and looked deeply into his eyes, marvelling how this guy's brownish orbs could contain a million galaxies able to pound my heart and stir a butterfly inside of me.
"I love you Chaeyoung ah" I whispered to him.

The day went by. I promised Chaeyoung to meet him at the library to review some subjects I was going to take tests tomorrow. He was one year younger than me, but he was a brilliant kid. I was so proud to have him as my boyfriend.

I walked through one of the school corridor, humming some melodies of a love song. I was so excited meeting him even though we just met a few hours ago. But a certain someone halting my legs. It was Mark.

I tried to ignore him and sped up my paced but he yanked my left hand forcefully when I tried passing through him.

"What are you doing?" I half yelled.
"Trying to get back what was mine." He scoffed.
"We're done Mark. I'm not yours anymore. Now let me go!" I jogged my left arm, loosening his grip on mine
"No we're not. You were mine and will always be mine" he dragged me into one of the bathroom.
"Hey! Stop! What're you doing? Where are we going? Help!!" I tried to scream for help but it seemed nobody was there.

Mark slammed the bathroom door and pulled me near one of the sink.
"I have told Chaeyoung you had family business and couldn't make it" he said.
"What? Why did you - What do you think you're doing?" I questioned him.
"Because you're mine. Not him"
"I told you we're done Mark. We dated because our fathers ordered us to. Because of their company, and you told me you had no feelings for me."
"I thought I was, but I love you Sana. I love you. Let's go back together." He started to sound restless, his hands holding my arms tightly.
"You're crazy Mark. Let me go. I need to go to the library." I tried freeing myself.
"Is it because of Chaeyoung?" He said, stopping my attempt.
"Does he even know what you do behind his back? Where you work? Where you go every night?"
"Stop" I faintly uttered.
"Does he know how many guys you kiss?"
"Stop it" I increased my tone, my hands covering my ears.
"Does Chaeyoung know how many guys you slept with? Or should I told him how you moan when I made you feel good?"
"Stop it Mark!" I yelled. "Please. Stop it" my voice getting smaller. My eyes started to bawl.
"I had no choice. Your family back stabbed my father. Your father tricked him and leave him alone in despair." I cried. I lost my strength and squatting down, still crying.
"Your father was a fool. And he still is."
He crouched down in front of me and grabbed my lower jaw with his hand.
"Imagine him to push his only daughter to sleep with men for his business. To make his daughter as a . And cause his wife falling sick deep in coma. What a douchebag." He held my hand, pulling me up. Pinning me to the wall behind me.
"But I'm here Sana, I can be a demon, destroying your family even more, crush your father even more. But I can also be your salvation. I could pull you out of this cruel world. Imagine living your life like before. With your happy family. I could even pay all your father's debt and your mother's medical fees if you want." He wiped my tears with his right thumb. "Be mine." He whispered. "And I promise you a heaven with your lovely mom and dad."
Mark pulled himself closer to me. He was staring at my eyes. With eyes full of proud and lust he closed the gap between us and pressed his lips unto mine harshly. I tried to push him away. But his grip was too strong for me to break free. I closed my eyes and pray to God to help me. For I was already in despair.


"Sana? Mark?" A familiar sound startled me. My heart sank of million possibilities. I thought even God had choose to leave me.
Mark pulled back, his lips.
"Chaeyoung, I could explain, please don't jump into conclusions" I begged. But his eyes were already turning dark. He punched Mark (which he really deserved) and the rest was history.

I promised him that it was a mistake and I won't ever repeat it again. I told him that I love him. Only him. And he trusted me. He forgave my mistake. And I thank God for His Grace.

But fate like to play with us. Mark getting mad and told his dad. My father's business started to crumble. It was never that good at the start but it was even worse this time. He started drinking and went home at night with some girls he would slept with. His once soft hand which used to caress my hair before I slept would hit me, leaving bruises all over my body. I could only cry beside my mom's bed. Beside my bedridden mom, in silence. I asked God every single night why He chose me to endure all this pain. Why he sent someone for me to love only for me to hurt and break. Why He chose me to leave a scar in his heart. Why Chaeyoung still love me despite all I did. And why I couldn't let him go. I asked Him every single night in tears till I felt asleep in cold night.


Present

The sound of night live music ringing in my ears, thumping the heart who heard it. And the iridescent light glimmered at every corner it could possibly reached. One could find people dancing sensually, drinking, kissing, and making out. The night was loud, the alcohol was intoxicating, and the sight was vertiginous. It was a night life, where you could forget every worry, every sadness and every anger. Where the place did its magic. Where the bass drifted your emotions and churning your heart. The smell of perfumes would swoon you into its pleasure and the liquor anesthetized your worry. But once you faltered, it would lurked you in, swarming you with its hidden fangs and swallowed you whole.

I'd live in this place for so long. I'd seen so much. And I'd experienced so much. So much more than I could remember. I'd given up love long ago, since he left. And I was happy he finally chose to leave me. For I had caused great pain into his heart and was a coward, not able to let him go by myself.

Never in my wildest imagination that I'd see him again, standing in front of me. Giving his best smile full of love, just like in the past. A smile I'd love to see everyday and dying for. His eyes were still the same. Still full of galaxies you could swam yourself into. Not even a single glass of alcohol could hypnotized you the way they were.
'Is this a dream?' I pondered. But his soft voice, nearly died down by the loud drum awoken me. It was really him. My once Son Chaeyoung. My once 'mine'.
"Sana" he said.
My tears started to well up. I couldn't control my emotions. I wanted to hug him so tight. I want to kiss him so bad. I want to be drunk by his love once again. But my ached heart disenchanted me. The pain I had evoked to him must be still there. And so did the sad memories I inscribed to him.
"What are you doing here?" I painfully said.
"I wanna see you. I miss you so bad. I'm sorry it took me so long to come"
"Why? - How did you know I'm here?"
"Nayeon told me you're here."
I blinked twice. My heart started to pound and I could felt my hand started sweating and shaking in dismay. "Did she tell you anything else?" I stuttered.
"Like what?" He smile slightly.
"Chaeyoung, you should not be here. This place is not suit you. I know you hate this kind of place." I breathed in. "And- and I have nothing to defend myself. I've been lying to you these years. And I've hurt you. You have all the rights in the world to yell at me. You have all the rights to hate me. You can even hit me, or call me a , or-"
"Shhhh" he shushed me, wiping my flowing tears with his thumb.
"This place is not suit me. You're right. And I also don't like this kind of place. You're also right. But so does you. I also know you."
"Chaeyoung... I-"
" Let's go" he dragged me out.
"Chaeyoung, where're we going? I can't go. I need to work. They'll fire me if they found out."
"Then let them." He said, still holding my hand, dragging me out.
"What? No! I need this job. My father's debt.. and mom - "
"I've paid all of that." He cut my sentence.
"You what?" I asked, bewildered.


He kept gripping my hand tightly, leading me outside, to the evening crowd street full of night neon. He stopped and looked into my eyes, a smile formed into his handsome face. He took off his coat and encircled it around my black tight revealing one piece.
"What do you think I like the most from you?" He asked.
I raised one eyebrow.
"It's okay. Try guessing it. Don't you ever curious?" he said.
"Chaeyoung, I'm being serious. I need to go."
"And I'm being serious too."
I looked at him and I sighed in defeat.
"My eyes?" I answered shortly.
"Teetttttt" he made a buzzing sound, crossing his arms making an 'X' mark in the air. "Try again"
"My nose? Or lips?"
"Well they're indeed alluring, but nope!"
I started to get edgy. "My body? You only like my body? Then what will you do if get fatter? You won't like me anymore?" I asked him in my grumpy tone. I could see he chuckled a bit. "Oh wait, I forgot you don't love me anymore." He laughed at my silly words, making my cheek red.
"What? What's so funny?"
"Nothing." he said
"Then why did you laugh?" I reprimanded him.
"Because you're so cute you know?" He giggled.
"I already know that." I said sternly trying to hide my heated cheek. "If you got nothing to else to say, I'll go now and-"
I was about to turned my back and leaved but his action startled me. The next thing I knew was our lips pressed into each other, moving together in sync. His hand at my waist, pulling me closer and my hand wandered around his neck, fiddling with his soft hair that I missed so much. Once I granted access, his tongue started playing wonders, making me craved for more and more of his sensation. I was enthralled, drowning into his magnetized magic.


We pulled out for air. Still breathless. His eyes fixated onto mine. "I like every single thing about you. Your mesmerizing eyes, your pointed nose, every creases on your lips. And how your body shaped into a beautiful art. I love it. But what I love the most is your heart." He paused, trying to control his breath. "The caring Minatozaki Sana who would take care of an abandoned school dog, feeding him everyday, the warm hearted Sana that always make me feel so special. The happy pill Sana who always bring joy to the people around her. The Sana who love her family so much that even though she was hurt she keeps struggling for their happiness. Those qualities of you that made me fell for you."


I felt tears started flowing down my cheek. No matter how I tried to hold, I couldn't resist the stream. I couldn't resist the sour taste. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry Chaeyoung. I'm really sorry." I tried to utter with my stuttering voice. "But I'm not the right person for you. You deserved someone better. You deserved to be love wholeheartedly. You deserve to be happy. My wish is only for your happiness. And you've found it. You found Mina. I saw you this morning. You two looked great together. Congrats Chaeyoung." I tried to give my sincerest smile. I could feel a sting in my heart. But I meant it. I wish for his happiness. And if Mina could give him the happiness I couldn't then I'll be so glad for them.


He cupped my face. Looking at me lovingly, and smiled. "You know what? The only thing I want to change from you is your trust to me."
I looked at him, confused.
"I tried to be patient and keep waiting for you to tell me yourself." He said softly." I already found out about your family condition since long ago." His tone and face got serious.
My eyes widen, I couldn't fathom his words.
"Sorry I took so long. I put you into despair for so long. I'm to be blamed. But I finally succeeded to take over Mark's family business. I've paid all your father's debts and your mom medical fees. Also. I'd had discussion with your mom doctors and we agreed to try a newer medical approach for her. We're sure she'll regain her consciousness back. Not in an instance, but she will, gradually."


I tried to digest every single information he gave me but my poor brain failed me. I looked at him in silence waiting for him to explain for me one more time. Upon seeing my clueless face, he widen his smile and burst into laughter.
"Yah! Son Chaeyoung why are you laughing at me again? Explain slowly. I'm not a genius like you." I barked.
"I'm sorry, sorry. That was a good laugh. Haha. You should see your face just now. My stomach hurts." He kept laughing.


I gave him a sharp glare making him stopped his laugh. And he patted my head. "Please promise me you'll tell me all your feelings from now on. Whether you're sad, happy, worried, or if something burden you. Please make sure to tell me. Please make sure not to shoulder them alone. I don't wanna stay in the dark and be told by anybody else instead of you. If you still love me, even a slightest, please promise me." He extended his pinky finger in front of me, waiting for what I would do. I could see his hopeful eyes telling me to reciprocate his action. How could I not. So I did the same, linking our fingers. He smiled at me and I smiled back.


"And, before you draw a wrong conclusion, I want to tell you that I and Mina are only friends. And she is about to marry Dahyun in a few days. She want you to come to their wedding ceremony. Also. When you tell me you wish for my happiness." He paused. "You NEED to know that you're my happiness. And if you really wish for my happiness Minatozaki Sana, then stay by my side. For a very very long time. And I mean, always, forever." He hugged me. Giving me a very warm hug I never felt since long time ago. Since the last time I see him.
"I love you Sana. I love you back then, now, and will always be. I love you."
I felt so warm by his words. And by his action. That not even the cold night air could bothered me. God had sent me an angel. For me to love, that even though I broke the angel's heart, he still love me and care for me. I was so grateful to have him. And I promised to myself that I'd cherish our moment, your love and your kindness forever.
"I love you Chaeyoung ah. Thank you. I really really love you. I really do."

Fin~

 

A/N: As I expected, happy ending is the best! No one need to suffer anymore. And TMI:  I was so near to add more drama where Sana and Chaeyoung would be granted a chance from God Jihyo to turn back time and fix things. I even think to incorporate 'Truck - kun' in the process, but nope! I want to finish it as soon as possible and I already lack time in the first place. So here ya go. Sorry if it seemed force, I tried my best. Thank you for reading. Stay healthy and happy folks ^^