pt. 1

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

baekhyun hadn't been in the bookstore before, only till now for a much needed textbook for an upcoming assignment. 

he didn't mean to bump into him. 

he was planning on just buying the book altogether but he had another plan in mind. 

he made his way up to the counter, waiting for the small male to notice him. 

"hello, how may i help you?"

deep, milky voice. 

baekhyun his lips before speaking, "can i borrow this book instead of buying it? i just need it for an assignment."

"sure, how long will you be using it for?"

round eyes, alert but almost entirely away in another world.

"the assignment's due in 3 weeks, so about then." baekhyun tapped his fingers on the counter, his eyes never leaving the male's face. 

"okay, that'll be £4.50."

big velvety lips, a small red cut from a possible chewing habit. 

"how about i pay up every week? like a sort of loan." baekhyun replied, a hopeful glint in his eyes. 

"how would i know you're not gonna take the book and never come back?" the bookstore employee chuckled. 

baekhyun felt his heart flutter at the toothy smile, watching his lips form a heart shape before dropping as did his soft grin. 

"you can trust me," baekhyun's eyes flickered to the male's name tag. 

"kyungsoo."

✦✦✦

baekhyun threw the book on his bed when he got back to his apartment, which wasn't too far. just above kyungsoo. just where he liked to be. 

he grabbed his laptop, pulling it open, with a few keyboard clicks he was on instagram. he looked at the red circle indicating he had new messages. 

he clicked, looking at some from his current partner who was his most recent obsession, the thought of him was rather boring now. 

oohsehun: hey, we gotta talk. 

oohsehun: can you call me?

baekhyun rolled his eyes and clicked the facetime button, wanting to see sehun's face, wanting to know if he got that same feeling he did with the bookstore employee today. 

"hey, babe."

boring, familiar voice. 

"hey," baekhyun put on a smile, although this call irritated him deep down, "what did you want to talk about?"

sehun let out a sigh, "i'm just gonna get straight to the point."

thin, plain lips. 

"i think we should break up."

dull, empty eyes. 

"wh—why?" baekhyun stuttered, feeling as if he'd put on a show for the younger. 

"i'm sorry, it's just, you were so clingy and it wasn't working out."

baekhyun let a tear sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter