One Shot

Chime of Bells

The chime of bells ringing symbolizing the end of the day. Students start to come out one by one from the entrance of the tall building they called the school, walking their way out to the front gate. The sounds of a whistle from the field sizzling the basking sunlight of the afternoon.

"President, there's a report from the faculty about the upcoming culture festival," said a boy that just come into the room.

There's only one girl that observe the scene of this afternoon light, as she sipped her tea in the room that has a signed 'Student Council' in the front door.

"President?" The girl still doesn't respond and keeps sipping her tea while enjoying the view from the window.

The boy called her name once again, "President Kim?"

The girl flinched a little, but not too visible. "Just put it on the table," she said without turning around to greet the boy.

"Why are you still here, President?" Asked the boy as he walks to the room to put the paper on his hand.

"Stop calling me that. You were older than me," said the girl.

The boy laughing. "Age doesn't matter in terms of working hard," he put the paper as he arranges it to make it easy for reading. "The first  'first year' that achieves the President of Student Council position because of her contribution to the school in the international stage. Her speech that can move people. Her music heals everyone who hears it. The way she leads the school when our principal can't even handle it and that happened only after six months you came to this school."

The girl put the cup back to its little plate as she enjoys the scenery in front of her eyes. "You exaggerated."

"I don't. Everyone knows about that, you save the school on the second term of your first year, even the principal willing to gave his position to you as his gratitude after you graduate. Your speech that day changes everything, even myself."

"I think that's enough," the girl turned around facing the boy and walk to one of the tables. "In two days there is going to be a meeting with the board director, and I want you to prepare all the documents. I trust you with this job," said the girl as she smiled at the boy.

"Yes, ma'am," he saluted which makes the girl chuckled. "You still not answering my question. What are you doing when school already ended?"

She put the cup and walk to one of the self, took out a can with some roman words on it. "I just enjoyed my evening scenery. You should back now, the paper I ask was a lot."

"Fine, just don't back to late. Take care of your health too. You just come out from the hospital," he said as he makes his way out.

The sliding door closed resounding following his departure as the clank sounds from his shoes filled the corridor. The girl leaves alone once again as she put the leaves tea from the can she took out to the empty cup she drinks before.

She let out a sigh as the aromatic scent filled the room. "President, huh? Even I never want this position."

"So, why you take it?" The sudden voice makes the girl almost spill the hot water. "Could you open the window, Yewon? I don't know how much longer I can withstand the wind."

"Wait a minute," Yewon put the water safely on the table. "What are you doing on the tree?! This is the third floor!" Yewon opened the window to let the source of the voices landed safely into the room.

"I saw you from the track field. So I thought I want to say hello," said the girl while cleaning her hands that look slightly red.

"Yuna, you can get in with a normal way, there's a door there. Why you always come in by climbed the tree? Let me take a look at your hands," Yewon checked the girl that seems to be older than her.

"Your fingers, it's cute," said the girl that makes Yewon face blushed a little. "Never thought that these fingers can make a great melody."

"That still doesn't make everything better," said Yewon while pouting as she walked to the small fridge in the corner of the room and took out an ice pack and gave it to the girl.

Yewon went to another shelf, took out another cup and a towel, she tossed the towel to Yuna that she catches it perfectly and back to her place before. She put another leaf inside the other cup and pouring the hot water.

"I rarely see and hear you at the music room these days," that girl sentence makes Umji flinched a little but she still compose herself.

"I-I'm not in the mood of playing piano," said Umji, she bites wall as she said that.

"Don't lie in front of Choi Yuna," said the girl as she walks to Umji back. "Oh, I just take one shot."

Yewon chuckled hearing the girl. "This isn't espresso."

"That means I want it to be really good but strong, not too strong, just semi-light,” said Yuna as she smells the scent from the hot water meeting with the leaves tea.

"Did you ditch Mrs. Park again?" asked Yewon as she busied herself making the tea for her surprise guest.

"No, and yes, I know the international race is soon. But that monster doesn't let me breathe. My legs need a rest too. They can't run forever," Yewon gave the cup to Yuna and the girl thanked her. “You still not answering my question.”

Yuna took a sip from her cup. “I can't play the piano anymore."

Hearing that, Yuna spilled some of the tea to her training pants. Yewon immediately runs to get another towel and helps Yuna. "Why?"

Yewon taken aback a little, she's doubting herself. Is she going to tell Yuna the truth? But deep inside of Yewon told her to tell the truth. She thought if she doesn't tell her, Yuna will keep pressing her until she explained it. Yuna is that type who you can't lie to. She can see everything. "Do you hear about the accident?"

Yuna nodded. "About one of our students got hit and run near here?"

"Yeah, that one. It's me who gets into accidents," Yuna's eyes got widened hearing this shocking news. She knew about the accident and Yewon suddenly absence around that news wandering around. But Yewon told her that she needed to do some business with the director of the school and can't meet her like always.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?! Is it only me who doesn't know about this?" If so, Yuna would very disappointed with Yewon, but the latter shook her head.

"My family and some of the teachers. Even Eunbi, Yerin, and Sojung still don't know about this. Only you, Eunha and some of the student council members because one of the member's father is the head of the hospital I'm in and he told the other members and visiting me. For Eunha, she suddenly pops out in the hospital and giving me a million questions about my condition. I don’t even know why she suddenly there with all the hat and black mask," explained Yewon that makes Yuna's mind at ease. It means Yewon doesn't mean to tell the other members. But why? That questioned still doesn't find its answer.

"So what is the reason you can't play the piano? Did you hurt somewhere? Tell me Kim Yewon," asked Yuna as she checked the girl.

Yewon tried to calm Yuna down as she wandering her hands around her body to check on her but ended tickled the latter. "It's not that serious. My body fine, except for my hearing. Sometimes I can't hear anything and my fingers start to freeze itself. The worst stage was I throw up because of sudden nausea hitting me."

“You can't hear? You just talk to me, I mean response when I surprised you. Even though I need to shout at you numerous times from the window."

Yewon sighed. "It occurred randomly, but it frequently happens when I played the piano."

"Is that because of the accident? What's doctor says? Are you still hurt? If so, why did you come to this school and stay this late!" Yuna raised her voice as she spoke which makes Yewon need to calm her down before answering her questions.

"I don't really like staying at home when everyone keeps worrying about me because they know about my condition. I don't hate that, but everyone exaggerated too much. It just feels crowded and I don't like it," said Yewon as she tried to dry Yuna pants from the tea. "Only people at home and you who know about my hearing, I don't tell the teacher about this, and I hope you just keep it to yourself."

Yewon hangs her head low as she explained her condition to Yuna. "Why you hide it?" Asked Yuna. There's a lump on Yewon throat as she wants to honestly answer that question. But she knows it well, everyone depends on her. "Yewon?"

Yewon looks up and saw Yuna's face that shows pure worriedness on its face. She feels nothing when her parents or her staff ask about that after she told all of them to keep it secret until herself ready to tell everyone about her condition. But, seeing Yuna face that purely worried about her makes her want to tell everything. Her pain caused by the loss of her favorite thing in the world.

"Yewon? Are you okay?" Yuna cups the latter girl's face as she saw Yewon lost at words and suddenly there's a single line of tear appears, that makes Yuna feels something inside of her. The feeling she denied all along. "Yewon?!"

"Eh?" Yewon looks just back from her thoughts when she felt Yuna's hands wiping something on her cheek. "Is there something on myoh?"

Yewon looks surprised when she touched her face where Yuna hands lying. There's wetness sensation that she never feels for so long, maybe since she starts to promise not to cry anymore after the day when her piano teacher scolded her.

‘Ah’, she knows what happens at herself right now but never thought it will be shown this much. She knows how many people depend on her, especially on her music. She feels pressured by everyone that trust in her music. What will she be, if she can't play the piano again forever? Is she still be recognized by people? She only has her ability to make a speech and lead, but people who recognize her with her music will forget about her. Including this girl in front of her, Yewon knows well Yuna likes her music, even her piano tunes that make them met each other. Yuna always stops by every time she heard her play the tunes. The thought of Yuna leave her behind, forget about her that makes a Yewon emotion went out of control.

Yewon remembers well, the one who changes her. The one who changes her music that sounds soulless, but suddenly a blunt girl told her 'Your music is empty' and makes her realize what makes everything looks grey on her. That blunt girl, always bringing something to Yewon and make her world little by little changes. Her weird jokes that she always makes and her story about how her day. Yewon is a silent-type girl, she played the piano well and always win any piano recital she entered. Her precise on tunes, speed, rhythm. That makes her unbeatable, but it has a negative impact. Her music was black and white like the piano itself.

That blunt girl that changes her is Yuna. Her bluntness that she told Yewon when she played her music changes her perception. Her random story turns into a rainbow color in her blank canvas world. Her ‘to the point comment’ added the land on her landless world. Her smiles were the sunrise that always ready to brighten her dark world. Her jokes and laugh that sound like the happy tweets of birds under the bright sunlight accompany the beautiful scenery that vast in front of her eyes.

The thought of everyone left her isn’t the one that scared her the most, but if it’s Yuna, she never knows what would happen to her. What if she spilled everything to her? The stains on her thought, insecure of her heart. Yuna always says that Yewon is perfect whenever and wherever she was.

Would she leave me when she saw my imperfect?

Yewon abruptly stands up. "I'm sorry," she said as she tidying her things and run out from the room leaving Yuna alone, trying to process all the things that just happened.

'What just happened?' thought Yuna on her mind. Her heart beating so fast and it's hurt as she remembers the face that Yewon made just now. She never feels this kind of pain, even when she got punished by the coach to run a marathon distance in half the time that should be. The pain is real, but there's no scar on it nor wound visible.

Yuna can hear her coach shouting at her name from the field but it means nothing to her. She knows even go to her coach now doesn't ease her pain. Only one person who can ease this pain, the girl that just run from her.

Yuna went out to the corridor hope that she can still find the girl, but what she saw is the empty hall. She knows she needs to find her as fast as she could. That's when her legs start to move on its own. Run searching for the final piece of herself.

 


 

The steps ringing at the empty stairs. The tapping sounds keep further up as it reaches the door blocking the source road. The heavy breath suddenly resounding accompanied by the inner thumping sounds came from the drum inside the chest.

“Why I’m running?” said the girl frustrated as she rests her head in front of the door. “I forgot to lock the class,” she took a deep breath before opened that door. The gust of wind suddenly hit her, the refreshing feeling that rarely she felt for the last few weeks because the hospital forbids her to go out for the whole week. The girl's eyes got blinded by the evening sky that suddenly made contact with her. She took another step until she reaches the end of that roof. Touching the rail as she enjoyed the wave of winds.

She suddenly stops at one place and suddenly squats down and shouting frustrated. She doesn’t care for her shout being heard, even though it can’t because of the height and the wind. Surely the wind blocked her voice even though she shouts so loud. “Why I’m apologizing to her?!”

“How stupid are you Yewon?! How I can’t be honest in front of her?!” shouted the girl as she stands up and looks at the other students doing theirs after school activity. “The most stupid thing was, WHY I’M RUNNING FROM HER?!”

Yewon heavy breaths following after all her shout. The dizziness she got from losing oxygen after shouting so much starts to greet her. She shut her eyes as she tried to catch some breath. “You were stupid Yewon. The stupidest person who ever lives,” said Yewon as she catches her oxygen.

“I’m a coward. How can I brave enough to tell her I can’t play the piano but didn’t tell her the real reasons? Left her hanging like that, how I can meet her tomorrow?”

Her breathing doesn’t calm down as the train of emotion keeps wrecking its way. Frustrated, angry, disappointed. It mixed in and makes her tears can't hold anymore. She sobbed in silent as the wind to the only thing that can keep her tears doesn’t fall to the ground. The wind brought her tears away with the flow. “I can’t show her my imperfect. I’m scared.”

“Scared of what?” Yewon turns around when a sudden voice joins her drama. No one should know about this place. Everyone only knows that this place was locked. But Yewon opened it and makes it her place except for the library. No one would come to the roof after school. But only one girl who knows about this place, the girl that just shows up while breathing heavily like just run for the marathon.

“Yunawhat are you doing here?” Yewon asked Yuna that still standing but she saw that Yuna can’t stand any longer. She wipes her tears with her arms and hopes Yuna didn’t know about her after-cry moments.

“Ishouldbe the one who asked!” said Yuna still catching her breath. “What are you doing here?!” Yuna slowly approached Yewon that stands near the fence. “You suddenly running away!”

“I’mI’m just want to go home and forget to lock the roof,” lied Yewon as she watched Yuna keeps approaching her slowly.

“Liar, you justah” suddenly Yuna falls when tried walking to Yewon as she breathes heavily.

“Yuna!” Yewon running to Yuna's side as she checks on her but Yuna just laughs while her chest keeps going up and down quickly. “You okay?! Just breathe okay?”

Yuna keeps laughing, ignoring Yewon's order. Yewon can saw clearly how drenched Yuna training clothes. Her bangs look so wet with her sweat that sticks on her forehead. Yewon rummaged her pocket to find her handkerchief. She wipes Yuna's forehead and necks. “I can’t even walk normally.”

“What are you doing?” asked Yewon to Yuna that slowly starts to calm down.

“I search for you. I run all over the school, even around the school. I want to tell you something,” said Yuna as she took Yewon handkerchief and wipe her sweat herself.

“W-What?” asked Yewon scare hearing it. What Yuna would say to her? Is she going to ask about it? What answer should she give her?

“You” Yewon shut her eyes tightly as she readying the impact that she would face. “You forgot to lock the key and my one-shot tea, you just make it like a normal tea, not like what you always make! I want to complain to the manager!”

Yewon looks dumbfounded only Yuna complains that keeps playing on her ears that somehow she can hear. “Hey, can’t you hear me? Did you just go deaf now? If so, I keep telling you until you can hear my complaint!”

“Is that all?” asked Yewon still doesn't accept the reality when she heard what Yuna says.

“Is that all?! You asked about that now?! When you just serve me with that low-grade tea! Where’s my favorite one-shot?!” Yuna starts to shout randomly to Yewon.

Hearing Yuna words that so random makes Yewon starts to chuckled and finally laughed hard till her tears come out accidentally. Laughing to crying, even Yewon herself doesn’t understand what happens to her. Yewon outburst makes Yuna panicked. “Are you okay?”

“II just. You know what I make is tea, not a coffee. How many times I need to tell you that?” said Yewon between her sob.

“Forever,” said Yuna as her playful tones suddenly change. “Until we grow old, our hair turns to white.”

Yewon still can’t think straight that she just blurted out something that she would regret it after she said it, “Did you just propose to me?” hearing what she said to Yuna she suddenly keeps shut and regret it. Her face was so red and she hides her face behind both of hands.

Even Yuna's face was red remembering what she said and what Yewon said to her. But there’s no turning back for her or even Yewon. “Yeah, I proposing you.”

Yewon face got redder and she covers tightly her face with both of her palms. “Hey, Yewon.”

“What?” mumbled Yewon as she still keeps her face with her hand.

“You still haven't replied to my proposal. Would you always stay by my side and accept this weirdo?” Yuna asked Yewon while nudged her foot, she still can’t move her body after running around. She doesn’t even know how much distance she took. Her panicked mind covers that, and even she falls several times. Her mind searching so hard for where Yewon be. Her brain was only full of Yewon without her knowing when Yewon just blurted out about proposing that clicked the final puzzle on her.

She needs Yewon. She doesn’t like seeing Yewon in the hurt state. She felt wounded when hearing that Yewon got into an accident but she doesn’t even have a clue about it. She isn’t there, by her side when she struggled the most. Yewon kept it secret to make sure everyone doesn’t worry about her, Yuna knows Yewon well that why even though Yewon hurt her with she doesn’t tell her about her condition, but she understood her reason and it makes sense when Yuna portrait herself in Yewon position.

Seeing her tears suddenly even when Yewon herself doesn’t realize it makes a loud knock on her mind. The pain felt so real, that makes her understand what happened to her, especially what Yewon to her, everything starts to fit in its place. She can’t ignore what happens inside her, if ignorance is bliss for some people, Yuna doesn’t like it when she knows something and just walking past that. She would face it and this is her resolution.

Some people may entitle this feeling as ‘love’. Yuna doesn’t know it if she loves Yewon, but she just wants to be with her, the one that can Yewon always depends on, the one that can bear Yewon burden even if it just a little, the one who always saw that cute smile, the one that always hearing her clear voice. Hearing her playing piano tunes makes her realize that she can only hear her tunes, not others. Something inside of her tune enchants Yuna's mind, her music that keeps growing as the main attraction she willing to hear every day. Without Yuna realize it, she got into her, from her music to the one who played it.

“Yewon. I want to see your face,” said Yuna as she tried to tickle the latter. “Hey, don’t hide that beautiful face from me.”

“Stop teasing me,” said Yewon as she still hiding her face from Yuna.

“I’m serious though,” said Yuna immediately, she doesn’t want to lose this chance. “Would you always be by my side? Would you share your burden on your shoulder to me? Would you let me see that cute smile that always brightens my day? Would you always let me hear your voices that clear as a cloudless sky? Would you let me hear your music? Would you be my only one?”

Yuna waited for Yewon to finally peek from the gap of her finger. “Why are you like this?!”

“I’ll keep saying this thing until you ready to answer it. Every week, every day, every hour, every minute. Every second it’s too much, I don’t think I have time to collect my breath to keep asking you, but I’ll try if that makes you answer my feelings. Every minute and hours too, what should I do when you attend your class or meeting. I need to think about this more,” said Yuna and suddenly she in thought mode.

Her face shows that she is thinking it hard makes Yewon laughing and finally removed her hand from her face. “You didn’t need to do that! You need to go to your class and training. And I need to go to my class and my student council works.”

‘That’s what she worried about? How could the fate intertwined me with this cute creature?!’ that’s what Yuna thought as she burnt Yewon laugh expression and sounds in her mind.

After Yewon finished her laugh, Yewon looks into Yuna. ‘I can’t hide anymore, huh?’ asked Yewon in her mind. “Even though I can’t play the piano again? Would you still stay by my side?”

“Of course. Even when you can’t play your music, I would gladly always stay beside your side. We can make new music together, both of us if you want. Then we can enjoy the music together,” Yuna gently painted on her face as she thought the chance they would make music together.

“Even though I can’t make your usual tea? Would you still stay by my side and drink my new mix?”

“Of course--, wait. How can you forget how to make that tea?! Kim Yewon! That was nectar for my life! I can’t run if that tea was gone,” Yuna suddenly realize what she said, cursed her bluntness and airhead. She looks at Yewon that starts to giggled hearing Yuna answer. "Ah--, I mean--"

“So, you just eyeing that ‘one-shot’ tea? You love your favorite tea more than me, huh?” teased Yewon as she saw Yuna looks like panicked.

“No! I love you more than tea! That one-shot was number two! I mean--maybe one-and-half?” Yewon laughed once again hearing Yuna honest testimony.

“Did you going to reject me because I like your tea?” asked Yuna while eyeing her with puppy eyes.

‘How can my fate intertwine with this cute creature? How can I reject those puppy eyes she makes unpurposely?’ said Yewon in her mind.

“Let me think about it,” said Yewon while facing the other way and close her eyes, pretending to think about it.

“Yewon~ stop teasing your senior,” said Yuna as she tried to sit down. The roof is killing her back, even though she occasionally took a nap at this place when she decided to ditch her training. “My heart can’t handle too long if you didn’t give this Unnie your answer.”

Yewon faces Yuna once again and looks at her partner. “I need time to think about it,” said Yewon still teasing Yuna.

“Yewon, I already told you to not--mhm!” Yuna's eyes widened suddenly when she felt the sudden wetness on her lips. Then she realized Yewon's face was close, really close with her. She can felt Yewon's warm palm on the side of her face, and Yewon closed eyes makes her mind stop functioning suddenly.

Yewon makes a little gap and smiled. “Thank you for giving me time to think about it,” said Yewon teasing the older girl. Yewon let her forehead rest on Yuna’s, “I love you too, my weirdo Unnie,” she said that sentence while looking deeply into Yuna's eyes.

The moment Yewon said the sweet sentence, Yuna consciousness back to its place. Her soul like being taken away when Yewon suddenly kissed her. “Retake,” said Yuna that makes Yewon look confused.

“Said those words again. Your tricky move makes my sense going numb and can’t respond properly!” said Yuna that makes Yewon chuckled.

“No repeat!” said Yewon while smiling broadly.

Yuna closens their gap once again. “Then, I would make you said it.”

This time Yuna is the one who leads the kiss. She kissed Yewon gently and make sure to hold Yewon's body. Yuna slowly asked permission for her tongue to go into Yewon's mouth with poking her tongue gently on Yewon lips, trying to make a gap for the entrance. Yuna makes sure to not force anything to Yewon, she respects her decision.

Yewon understands what Yuna wants and lets the older invade her inside. Without they realizing, their light kisses escalated into something more passionate, as the other tried to make a distance to catch their breath, the other keeps attacking like there’s no tomorrow. Yuna slowly pushes Yewon down, makes sure her head didn’t hit the cold floor.

Yewon never thought that Yuna this eagerly to touch her, but she more surprised by herself. It’s like there’s a dangerous switch suddenly flipped inside of her. Their passionately kiss start to get steamy, even though the cold gust from the wind hitting their skin, the heat still overpowered it. Yuna's hand starts to wander around Yewon's body, her face, her neck, her arms, her waist, her hip and her tight that covered by the skirt.

Yewon moan makes both of them suddenly stop their movement. Even Yewon herself doesn’t believe that she would be this mess. Their faces only a few inches apart, gasping for air, both eyes lock with each other. Yewon can saw lust on Yuna's eyes and Yuna could see it too on her.

Yuna suddenly laughs as she saw her angel under her look out of breath. She never thought that she could make the President of the Student Council like this. Yewon laughs too as she felt Yuna breath on her neck that tickled her. Yuna rests her head on Yewon's shoulder, inhaling the girl of her life scent. “I love you.”

Yewon the older girl's head. “I love you too.”

“That’s fairer,” Yewon giggled hearing Yuna still resent her sudden kiss move on her. “Can we stay like this longer? I still can’t move properly.”

“But your lips and hand seem to move ‘properly’,” teased Yewon that got a playful slap on her other shoulder.

“Yuna-unnie,” Yewon called the older girl's name suddenly that got a hummed as the answer. Yuna doesn’t like to be called with formality, that’s why she told everyone to call her with Yuna, just Yuna. Yewon starts to stop calling her using ‘unnie’ when Yuna got cranky and doesn't want to talk with Yewon if she still called her with ‘unnie’. But, hearing her now, calling her name like it used to be doesn’t ring the detestable bell on her mind. She likes it, more like whatever Yewon called her, as long it’s Yewon she would like it.

“After you can walk, would you accompany me to go somewhere?” asked Yewon while smile broadly under the evening light.

“Even it’s the end of the world, you don’t need to ask me. I would accompany you wherever you want to go,” said Yuna that got a flicked on her back head.

“I told you to stop teasing me,” said Yewon sternly but her smile still can’t disappear from her face. The happiness inside of her is overflowing. "But, thank you," whispered Yewon as the latter closed her eyes enjoying the cloud sailing on the orange sea.

 


 

The emptiness of the school isn't that odd for the two girls as they giggling around walking pass the corridor. The sun soon going to set but the sound of the cheerleaders remains with the whistle that they keep whistling.

"Where are you taking me?" asked Yuna that just recovered from the fatigue.

Yewon just pulls the older hand and didn't answer her question, but she asked another question to her. "Did you still sing?"

Yuna smiled and pulled the younger hand to stop her. She looks at the beautiful girl in front of her that basking with orange light coming from the sun and singing.

 

"When the sun goes down

And the band won't play

I'll always remember us this way"

 

Yewon smiled hearing the lyrics gave a peck to the singer's lips. "Thank you. Nice song choice. Did you just watch the movie?"

The singer giggled, "You caught me there. But it's worth it if I got your kiss every time I sing."

Yewon pinched the singer's cheek. "Just for today. Let's go."

"You still didn't answer my question!" Said Yuna as she got pulled by Yewon again.

"You'll know when we arrived," said Yewon.

Every step approaching the destination, Yuna keeps questioning herself where her girlfriend took her, but on the other side Yewon heart throbbing so hard as they reach their destination. Yewon's step got heavier and Yuna could feel it because their pace got slower.

"Yewon, are you okay?" The younger didn't answer it with but with her gripped that twitched as Yuna asked the question.

'She's not okay' that's what Yuna thought but keeps her silence because it seems like Yewon is trying her best to conquer it and Yuna respects her choice.

The corridor seems feels so long, that’s what Yewon thought. She keeps asking herself it’s okay? but she already makes a choice. Her step stopped in front of the classroom door with a signed that makes Yuna finally realize what the younger will do next. Yewon keeps standing still facing the door and Yuna just watching her.

Yewon looks at the older face that hiding worried expression and let out a sigh. She slides the door open and walked inside. Yewon stops her steps in front of the grand black piano, the thing that intertwined Yuna and her fate. She smiled when a flashback of Yuna telling her that her music is empty playing on her mind. She traced the body of the piano before taking a seat in front of the keyboard. She opened the lid and the white-black keys greet her. There’s a scared feeling gathering on her mind.

Yuna looks at the younger hesitated and walking behind her. She hugs the latter from behind. “I’m here,” said Yuna and that makes the dark feeling inside of Yewon's mind ease away and makes the latter smiled.

“Thank you,” whispered Yewon and Yuna heard it so clear.

Yewon took a deep breath and touch the white keys that ringing the first tune. Nostalgic feeling embraced her when it’s only one week since she was afraid to touch the piano. She played the second, third, fourth tunes. The soothing sounds spread all over the room. Yewon still can hear the tunes that longed for and suddenly blackness swallowed her. She can still move her finger but the tunes one by one disappearing, then suddenly her finger can’t be moved. Nausea hit her hard.

The abruptly stopped from Yewon makes Yuna taken back to reality, she saw the girl's body tense and look lost. “Yewon?” she called the latter but no response. That’s when Yewon suddenly stood up and run to the nearest recycle bin and throw up her inside.

Yuna helps her, keeping her hair to not contact the puke and the latter back. After she felt Yewon better, she gave her handkerchief and told the younger to wait for her and run to the nearest vending machine and bought a drink. She gave the latter the water and Yewon drink it up to the half.

Yuna just sits beside her and waiting for the girl to talk, but the one who out from Yewon is a sobbed. “I’m so lame,” she said to herself. “I thought with you beside me I can conquer it, but it’s still futile.”

“No, you were brave enough to face it,” said Yuna while patting the girl's head. “I will prove it, why don’t you try it once again? Now with me.”

Yewon looks at the girl and thought ‘what’s her plan?’. Yuna wipes the girl tears and helps Yewon to stands up. She walked Yewon back to the piano seat, but now she sits beside her too. Arms around the waist, making sure that Yewon knows she’s there for her.

“You know how to play?” asked Yewon and Yuna just nodded.

“Just a little,” she said.

“I don’t know if it's a good idea, Yuna,” said Yewon lowering her head.

Yuna kiss the younger cheek, that makes Yewon startled because it’s so sudden. “Believe in me."

Yewon looks at the sincere of Yuna's eyes, and she tried to believe in her. She took a deep breath once again and play the tunes but now Yuna besides her play the primary notes. It’s a children song called ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars’ and Yuna played it while singing the lyrics. Yewon smiled hearing the latter singing like a little child, but her happiness snatched away suddenly from her ear.

it's come again, thought Yewon but suddenly she felt someone touch her right hand. The warmth enveloped her. Even though she still can’t the tunes but nausea didn’t come. She still can play even though maybe it’s off the tempo.

Yuna can feel Yewon suddenly played the keys a little off, and she took the younger right hands and gripped it. Then she whispered something to the younger, it’s a part of the song that she still works it out. A song that comes to her mind when looking at Yewon.

 

"You are not alone

I do not care what I expect from you.

You can take a break if you breathe.

Remember that you were there

I just want to cry.

I could not stand it.

I'll be on your side now and I'll be the light.

I'll always be strong. I'll be light.”

 

Strangely Yewon can hear Yuna voices and she put her trust in the girl. Then suddenly she can hear the tunes once again. Her eyes widened and she looks at Yuna that smiled broadly as she can hear Yewon back and the song ended.

“I can

“You can hear? I never thought that would work.”

“What is that?”

“I still work that out."

“That’s your song? You write a song?!”

Yuna embarrassed as she can feel Yewon curious eyes staring at her. “Yeah,” said Yuna with a small voice. “But it’s not complete yet!”

“Yuna,” suddenly Yewon intertwined her finger with the older hand. “Thank you. I want to hear your song this time.”

“I told you it’s not complete!”

Yewon smiled. “Make sure you sing that for me after that complete.”

Yuna embraces the girl. She just felt like she needed to. “Nope.”

Yewon groaning, “Why?!”

Because it’s a song for you and I don’t know if I'm ready to sing it for you. said Yuna on her mind.

“Choi Yuna! That song, don’t tell me it’s for another girl or guy?!” Yewon now hitting Yuna as she keeps asking what makes Yuna laughing because Yewon looks like a little kid that pleading for sweets.

“I didn’t want to tell you!” and Yuna suddenly runs out from the room leaving Yewon behind.

“Yuna!” Yewon shouted to the runner and chasing her.

As she chases the girl Yewon thought, ‘Thank you for always being there for me.’