Falling Crazy

Find my Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Very chaotic but sappy chapter up ahead, and yes I know it's already 12 days after Valentines but enjoy the sap.

-

 

Like the princess she was, Jessica never needed to wait for something she wanted. The world always made time for her, parted oceans for her, a principle she almost wrote her thesis about. The Law of Jung as she had originally conceptualized. But all it took to abolish the working theory was a small, dorky blonde girl with a penchant for trouble.

 

That trouble seems to follow Taeyeon around everywhere she went because every time Jessica was sure the blonde would finally ask her out, something or someone (Yuri) would get in the way. Not that Jessica minded much. It was amusing to observe the weird situations that Taeyeon unintentionally attracted. She now understood Tiffany’s insistent musings about how the Kwon siblings were like free entertainment on foot.

 

Admittedly, Jessica just wished she could spend some peaceful time with her crush—she finally admitted it after Tiffany threatened she would chase after Taeyeon herself if Jessica didn’t make a move which the latter was firmly against, for obvious reasons.

 

But instead of her imaginary romantic interlude with an attractive blonde, Jessica had to go through the entire plot of the play. The current scene included having to sit through Yuri raving on to Taeyeon about her upcoming date after the former crashed into her dorm room, interrupting what was a really nice not-so-movie-date.

 

Jessica swears she’s getting sick of all the not-so-happenings in her life.

 

Meanwhile, Yuri paced around the small room throwing questions left and right, completely ignoring the broken tension in the room. “Do I get her flowers?”

 

“Yuri, I don’t think Yoona needs—“

 

“What about a diamond necklace? Women like jewelry right?” She barely gave Taeyeon a chance to answer.

 

“—flowers.” Taeyeon could only silently pinch the bridge of her nose and allowed Yuri to take her anxiety out on her.

 

“Oh, wine!” In through one ear— “No, no, chocolates! You can’t go wrong with food and Yoona!” —and out the other.

 

“Yes, Yuri,” Taeyeon droned not even actually understanding anything her best friend said. The funnier part was that Yuri didn’t even notice the half-hearted responses and if she did, she didn’t show.

 

The exasperated cop turned her attention to the third occupant of the room when Jessica couldn’t hold back her laughter any longer.

 

“Sorry,“ another round of giggles, “it’s just… first serious date jitters?” she pointed to the still pacing girl who was now just talking to no one in particular unless they considered  the wall and ceiling as an animated object.
“What tipped you off?” Taeyeon’s eyes widened comically at Jessica’s educated guess.

 

No one needed to tell Jessica for her to know that Kwon Yuri was a player of some sort. “Doesn’t take a genius to see the imaginary neon sign above her head screaming Single and Datable.” She chuckled at Taeyeon’s expression. “I’m guessing I’m correct?”

 

Taeyeon nods her head enthusiastically. “I’m amazed at how easily you read Yuri.” Her face suddenly contorted into a look of apprehension and didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Like what?” Taeyeon’s attempt at casual was repaid with an eye roll from the brunette that she swore she felt more rather than saw.

 

“Like you’re scared I could see through you or something.”

 

“That’s an understatement,” Taeyeon muttered barely under her breath.

 

“Are you scared of what I’m going to see?” Jessica paraphrased before fondly taking Taeyeon’s hand and intertwining them together. Taeyeon let her do it, not like she wasn’t enjoying the little touch of affection. “If I actually could? See through you I mean,” she clarified.

 

“You might not like what you see,” Taeyeon uttered timidly, her head ducked and was blankly staring at their connected hands.

 

Taeyeon’s insecurity was weirdly endearing and yet it baffled Jessica at the same time. How could she not like what she was yet to see when everything Taeyeon has shown so far has piqued Jessica’s interest unlike any other? That all Jessica wanted to do was peel through all of Taeyeon’s layers and know everything about her.

 

“Well then, are you secretly a psychopath?” Jessica asked all of a sudden.

 

“What?” Taeyeon says, her eyebrows knitted together but answers anyway at Jessica’s serious look. “I don’t think I am? I mean, my brother’s a Psychiatrist so he would have probably told me if I had any anti-social tendencies?”

 

Jessica honestly forgot for a moment that Taeyeon came from a family of medical experts that were practically the living idols for pre-med students like her. It was easy to forget because of Taeyeon’s non-medical nature though she occasionally did wonder why the blonde didn’t go on the same path but that was another question for another day.

 

“Okay so not a psychopath or a sociopath,” she continued her weird line of questioning. “Are you into or something?” she smirks at the next thing she was about to say. “Aside from anyway, I definitely know how into that you are. Oh and choking,” she quickly added.

 

“I-I…” Taeyeon’s face went through a myriad of emotions, flabbergasted to worried and then guilty until she miraculously found her footing again. “I’m not a Christian Grey if that’s what you’re implying,” she said with a scrunched nose.

 

“Then are you secretly a vampire instead? Like Edward Cullen?”

 

“You watched Twilight?” Taeyeon asked instead, it was difficult to believe that the chic girl next to her would watch something like bad vampire romance.

 

“Tiffany,” her palm was up flippantly in a ‘don’t ask’ manner.

 

“That explains it,” Taeyeon snorts. “And no, not a glittery vampire, unfortunately for you and your… fantasies.”

 

“I’m not Tiffany,” she emphasized. “I don’t fantasize about vampires like her,” she said complete with another eye roll.

 

“Okay but…” Taeyeon says haltingly, “that doesn’t explain the sudden interrogation about my possible secret es and bad movie tastes.”

 

At that, Jessica completely forgot about the rest of the world and raised their entwined hands up to her lips, kissing Taeyeon’s knuckles softly. She doesn’t even know where she got the confidence from but it just felt right to do so. Taeyeon’s cheeks were dusted a rose color but she didn’t take her hand back.

 

“So you’re not secretly a murderer, not an emotionally unavailable dominant CEO, and not a shimmering vampire,” Jessica smiles softly, her body may not sparkle but in that moment her eyes did. “Then I don’t think there’s anything about you that I wouldn’t like.”

 

The implication hit Taeyeon slowly but once she finally understood, a bright smile took over her face. One of the new things Jessica found out about Taeyeon was that she had a chin dimple and another one just below her eye and above her cheek. She may not have an overly sunny eye-smile like Tiffany but it was there… And it was just simply beautiful.

 

Taeyeon was beautiful.

 

“Thank you, Sica.” The new nickname pulled out another smile from Jessica. She liked how it sounded coming from Taeyeon’s tongue. “I- do you, maybe want to…” Omo, was this finally the moment Jessica has been waiting for?

 

“TAEEENGGG!” Yuri whined loudly and broke the little bubble Jessica and Taeyeon were reveling in. A vein was visibly throbbing on Jessica’s forehead right now. She felt robbed, harshly pulled away from her dream.

 

Taeyeon also had to shake her head still dazed from earlier. “What is it Yuri?” If her best friend noticed the clipped tone in her voice, she didn’t show.

 

“Go on the date with me!” Yuri pleaded.

 

“Wait, what?” Jessica and Taeyeon say at the same time.

 

“I’d be less nervous if you were there with me!” Yuri tried to explain. She had a point but still…

 

“I’m not going to be your third wheel if that’s what you’re asking, Yuri-ah.”

 

Jessica was also against it… for obvious reasons.

 

“Bring another date then!” Yuri suggested then suddenly like a light bulb figuratively lit up above her head. “You can bring Jessica with you! We’ll make it a double date!”

 

If Jessica had a drink right now, she’d be choking from Yuri’s idea. She’d be lying if she didn’t think there was some part genius from it though. Maybe Yuri was secretly a smartass beneath all that brawn, like deep down there.

 

“Uhm, uh…” Taeyeon stuttered, still unable to form a coherent reply until she turned to Jessica. “Wh-What do you think, Sica?”

 

Yuri then scooted and kneeled in front of Jessica, taking her hands into hers. “Please Jessica, please help me.” She was looking at her like the world was on the verge of destruction and Jessica was the only hope.

 

Jessica sighed, an answer already popped in her head the moment Yuri suggested it anyway so all she did was hesitantly nod her head in approval. She couldn’t keep in her shriek when Yuri suddenly lifted her from the ground, spinning her around while thanking her profusely.

 

“Y-Yah! Yuri put her down!”

 

Jessica didn’t miss the tinge of jealousy in Taeyeon’s voice and she smiled, secretly enjoying it. Maybe Yuri’s ridiculous plan would actually be beneficial to her. This wasn’t how she wanted her first date with Taeyeon to happen but she wasn’t going to be picky.

 

Was it really a date with Taeyeon if it wasn’t as crazy as this anyway?

 

 

--

                           

 

College wasn’t as bad as Yuri thought anymore. Ever since Taeyeon found out they shared classes with Jessica and Tiffany, Yuri didn’t have much difficulty lugging her partner into early morning classes anymore.

 

Academics was still a pain in the but Taeyeon was there to help her out with it anyway so she didn’t have much of a problem anymore. And of course, the best thing that she’s discovered in this whole university life thing was getting to join the football team.

 

Yuri’s always been an athlete and what with having a brother who plays football, it wasn’t hard to have an interest in the sport. There was a time in her childhood she remembered where her brother brought her to one of his tune-up football games. She was beyond amazed and once dreamed of becoming a professional football player aside from becoming a cop.

 

“Hey Yuri,” Hyoyeon called for her, she was standing next to their coach. “Come over here for a sec, coach wants to have a word with you.”

 

Yuri nervously swallowed, she was used to getting lectured from people with authority (mainly her teachers and mom). She dragged her legs towards them and tried to squash the qualm when Hyoyeon simply tapped her shoulder before running back to practice tackling with Taeyeon on the field.

 

“Hey coach, what’s up?” she hoped she sounded relaxed and not at all like she was panicking deep inside.

 

“Loosen up kid, I’m not going to kick you out of the team or anything.” Coach Changmin joked and Yuri finally let out the breath she didn’t realize she was holding. “In fact, I’ve got good news for you.”

 

The light in Yuri’s eyes were unmistakable and Changmin chuckled. “You’ve been doing a really great job so far and even as newbie, I see the potential in you.” He cleared his throat before saying, “and if you keep this up, you may just be one of the lucky ones to get scouted.”

 

Yuri’s mouth drops open uncontrollably. “Are you for real, coach?”

 

He chuckled again. “Scouts will be here in our first official game next week. Be ready kid,” he patted her back before walking away and leaving Yuri still bewildered.

 

She couldn’t actually believe what was happening right now. Things were actually looking really good and Yuri didn’t want to hope but she was a naturally optimistic person, what could she do about that?

 

“Hey quarter back,” a cheerleader Yuri recognized greeted her. She’s seen her on the field when they had practice at the same time along with the cheerleading team. “Good luck on your game next week,” she winked before walking away giggling with her teammates.

 

The whole thing just made Yuri laugh. If this was the old her, she wouldn’t have hesitated to go after the girl earlier. But this wasn’t the old Yuri anymore, she realized how she didn’t feel anything, not even excitement from a pretty cheerleader taking notice of little old her.

 

Love truly does weird things to a person. So much as doing what she thought was the impossible deed of changing Yuri, the player.

 

Yeah, Kwon Yuri was changing and she was—is in love with Yoona.

 

She didn’t mind this change, not when it came with being able to be with Yoona and Yoona only. Her thought process was interrupted with a soft knock on her head from Taeyeon who was giving her an amused smile.

 

“You okay there? You were zoning out so much I almost thought you were me,” her smile never left her face.

 

“It’s nothing,” Yuri says albeit flippantly. “Just thinking about Yoona and our date.”

 

It was a half-truth but she decided not to tell Taeyeon about the football scouts until she was actually approached by one first. That was what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter