Part 1

Hopeless in love

In the Kim family, there was one main rule:

Never give up.

But it did not belong to love, because, as the experience of the family life of the parents showed, the father simply never fought for his love. He was an excellent and loyal friend, helped in all his close friend in order to win his love. He gave advice, talked about what she loves the most and what she hates. He wore his love for the girl deep in his heart, and never showed it. He was always gentle and caring, and always came to the rescue.

- So how did mom become your wife? Asked two girls, sitting on his lap and looking at his father curiously.

- When it came time to say goodbye to her forever, I decided for the first and last time to confess my feelings. Then to let her go with a clear conscience and try to forget about her. Forgetting my love for her as a woman, but cherishing my love as a friend.

- Mom, mom, how did you understand that you love dad? - looked back at the woman that at the moment she sat down next to them, wiping her hands on a towel.

- My heart did not want to say goodbye to him. When you grow up, you will understand what I'm talking about. And now, it's time to bed, it's too late.

“Mom, and if I fall in love with a girl, will you still be my mom?” - stopping near the door, the girl asked, with tears in her eyes.

“The heart does not rob anyone to love, I will always be your mom, and dad is the father,” the woman assured them, softly kissing her forehead and gently pushing them. - Good night, Nayeon . Good night, DaHyun .

“Good night, my girls,” the man said with love, coming up from behind and hugging a woman.

“Good night, mom, dad,” the girls smiled brightly, hurrying upstairs .

Having reached her room, Nayeon first helped her younger sister climb to the second floor of the bed, tucked in a blanket, straightened her pillow, laid a bunny under the girl’s arm:

- Go to sleep, Tofu, sweet dreams.

DaHyun yawned sweetly, showing the elder sister two front teeth, and two lower teeth, hugging a toy bunny, looked at Nayeon :

- We will also someday have the same love as mom and dad, right?

“Necessarily, because we are their children,” Nayeon cleverly nodded her head , smiling and showing two rabbit teeth. “We will both fall in love and be happy.”

- Yes! - DaHyun smiled happily , holding out her little finger of her right hand. - Promise.

“I swear,” Nayeon promised , patting her head. - Sleep, Tofu.

- Good night, Nabongs- unnie .

***

7 years later.

Nayeon - 14 years old. DaHyun - 12 years old.

A black- haired girl with two tricks raised on her head, slowly walked in front of the school gates , holding a bouquet of wildflowers. Her regular school outfit was replaced by torn jeans on her lap and a trendy beige T-shirt with the inscription “ HeaRT ”. A barely noticeable mother-of-pearl lipstick adorned her plump lips, a brown look peeking out from under the horn glasses.

For half an hour now she was waiting for her friend, who called and urgently asked to come. But do not come empty-handed? I decided to pick flowers on the road and give her as if by pure friendship. Although secretly for about a year and a half, Nayeon was secretly in love with her. But she was embarrassed to admit her feelings, fearing that she would be rejected. Worst of all, this girl will stop talking to her.

A phone rang in his left jeans pocket. Shifting flowers from her left hand to her right, the girl took out her phone and picked it up without looking up. At the other end of the wire a plaintive voice sounded:

- Unnie , they rejected me - and there was a loud cry for her younger sister, interrupted by hiccups.

“Hey Tofu, slower.” Who rejected you? Lee Sooyeong ? Wait, when did you confess to her? You said you won’t do it today!

“I didn’t want to, but it happened.” She called me and asked me to come urgently, at about the same time that Eunji called for them - I started telling DaHyun , and the girl listened carefully to her, until she saw her beloved friend walking in the distance. - Tofu, I can’t right now, she has come.

- Good luck, Nabongs!

- Thank. I promise, after I treat you to ice cream m, I’ll listen to you - she spoke quickly and immediately turned off, as soon as she realized that she was not alone.

- Nayeon - unnie , what are you doing here? Asked Eunji , who approached her , looking at the bouquet of flowers with curiosity. - Someone gave them to you, right?

- Ha ha ha, look, she really came - pointing at her index finger is one of Eunji's friends .

“And she brought a bunch of flowers with her, as if about to go on a date,” another friend grabbed, hugging Eunji by the shoulders. “We told you that she was deeply in love with you.”

- Is that true, unnie ? Do you love me? - she needed confirmation from the girl herself, but she already saw him, without a voice, Nayeon's eyes gave out. - Truth? Ha ha ha - laughed, laughed out loud, looking at her. - I don’t know whether I should be proud or not, the girl fell in love with me - interrupting with laughter, she muttered, wiping her tears with her fingers. “I haven’t laughed like that for a long time.” Sorry, Nayeon is unnie , but I think that from now on I don’t want to know anything about you anymore. And if you come closer to me again, your reputation will suffer. Is everything clear to you?

“It is clear that I fell in love with the wrong person.” Again - Nayeon sighed quietly , taking flowers with her and leaving.

On the way home I went to the store, bought two buckets of chocolate-flavored ice cream for DaHyun and strawberry-flavored for myself. She came home, greeted her parents dumbly, went upstairs to the room, opened the doors. Her younger sister lay in a ball on her bed, listening to sad music. Her gaze lingered fondly on the appearance of her younger sister.

Black-haired, snow-white skin, straight eyebrows, nose, beautiful profile, thin lips. It's easy not to fall in love with such a girl, but for some reason there is no one to notice. A romantic person with the most tender and kind heart, a cat about a swarm only knows that to suffer from unrequited love.

She crouched next to her, put the ice cream in front of them, hugged DaHyun on the shoulders :

“Do you think we're hopeless?”

“I think so,” DaHyun whispered, hugging her older sister in response .

***

5 years later

Nayeon - 19 years old. DaHyun - 17 years old.

May was the happiest month of her life. And this, of course, has nothing to do with her birthday, which was to come in three days. DaHyun was unrealistically happy in May because this month brought her a real relationship with a girl with whom she was in love and who reciprocated. Finally, a holiday has come on her street. Her older sister also had a relationship with her girlfriend’s best friend. DaHyun is ready to spend hours telling a story of an acquaintance, but the truth was that she and her sister almost ran into peacefully walking girlfriends on the sidewalk.

Then she and Nayeon went out to regular clothing stores , and Nayeon dragged another one, of course DaHyun was against it. They started a brawl, or rather DaHyun tried to hide from her sister, so as not to see her terrifying ego. Well, that’s what happened. She closed her eyes, and did not notice, almost fell, she was caught in time by the girl's hands.

And now, after a month they are in love with a couple!

Now DaHyun went to jewelry stores, trying to find a certain gift, corresponding to the month of acquaintance. Together with her, the experienced Sana- unnie, who knew such matters, went shopping . Best friend and colleague Nayeon . Her older sister recently entered the university, and at the same time decided to try her hand at work. Found a waitress place in a cafe. As it turned out, a couple of classmates from her course worked there , Sana’s one of them. They became friends, Sana and Momo immediately became their own people, joined their little team. Although they are both Japanese, they are different in character and lifestyle.

Sana is a sociable, loving and positive girl. She does not think without hugs and kisses, but other than that, she is very smart and well-read. Momo, on the contrary, is a quiet and calm girl. Charismatic , likes to eat well and dance. There is no life without dancing. Momo doesn’t like it when her friend does an ego, when she hugs or kisses her, although she is not averse to getting all this from Nayeon . Hide his fascination with the older girl is not possible, everyone can see how it relates to her, but, alas, the girl herself sees no second only to his girlfriend.

- I'm so happy that you called me, Dubu - clasping her hand, looked upwards , smiling affectionately, said Sana. “I promise to find the best present.” And for whom do we buy it, if not secret?

- Minju , I have already said 100 times, unnie - reminded again DaHyun , not even trying to unhook themselves from Sana . - We have a month anniversary soon.

“Ah, yes, for your birthday.” I remember what you said - a little snickered, but the smile returned to her lips again. - Are you happy, DaHyun ?

“Why so serious, Sana- unnie ?” - led an eyebrow towards the girl. - Actually, yes, I am very happy - flashed a wide smile.

- I am happy when you are happy, Dubu . So what are we looking for? A chain, ring or earrings? - listed jewelry Sana, dragging DaHyun to the store.

“I don’t know, but it’s all in a moderate amount of money,” DaHyun shrugged , approaching a display case with jewelry, carefully looking at each item. “Anything that will attract my or your attention.” Her favorite color is peach.

***

Meanwhile, Nayeon went shopping too, only grocery. She took Momo into her companions, because she knew where to buy cheaper, and besides, Momo knew how to beat a particular product with a taste of spices. If this girl still knew how to cook, but among her friends and an acquaintance, she and Momo were the only ones who did not know how.

Three days later, Nayeon decided to make a romantic surprise for her girlfriend. Dinner with candles and wonderful music. Candles, music are ready, but dinner itself, here Nayeon just shrugged and sighed heavily.

“I can introduce you to one girl; she is my dorm neighbor.” Her name is Yu Jeongyeon , and she is the daughter of a chef. Ask her for advice on how best to cook, Jeongyeon will help.

- Truth? - with hope in her voice, Nayeon asked , stopping and looking with adoration at Momo. - Come on, I want to meet you now - I grabbed my hand and dragged me to the exit of the supermarket, but Momo remained standing still. “Why don't you go?” - a little pouting her lips Nayeon stopped dragging, came closer to her friend, looked into her eyes.

“We need to skimp first, not go empty-handed,” she gave a reasonable argument, meeting with Nayeon's gaze, smiling shyly.

- Ah, for sure! How will Jeongyeon show me how to cook without food? Ha ha ha - slapped herself on the forehead, giggling sweetly. “You're so smart, Momorin!” Let's go for groceries.

***

Exhausted, but happy with the purchases, an hour and a half later the girls finally reached the university dormitory. Momo entered her room without ceremony, although the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. Nayeon came in next, just in case, covering her eyes, looking through the snapping of her fingers. There was nobody except Momo and the thin girl lying on the bed near the window. Taking a free breath, Nayeon smiled timidly, greeted:

- Hello, I'm sorry to bother you, but ...

- Jeong , this is Nayeon - unnie - introduced her to Momo, pushing the lying girl to get up. “She needs your help.”

“There was a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and you know its meanings, Momorin,” a girl named Jeongyeon grumbled , brushing off her friend. - I did not sleep all night , getting ready for the damn test! Now I have a legal rest.

“Do not pretend to be asleep - Momo did not believe her, sinking by the bed, bending down and pulling out toys from under her logo . - Yesterday, this house was not yet completed, and so many trees did not grow near it, and the dog certainly did not run in the yard. Stop embarrassing, in front of my girlfriend, get up!

- A friend? So we are not alone here ?! What didn’t you say before ?! - Jeongyeon was indignant , quickly jumping out of bed and turning to the Nayeon , who was standing near the door , who did everything to restrain laughter.

“I presented it to you, you decided to carry on like a spoiled child - folded your arms over your chest, went to Nayeon .” - Unnie , do not pay attention to her, let's better take the food to the kitchen. Let's start without it.

“Foods ... ah, it's ... oh ... exactly ... how ... I ...” - stammering and confused in words Jeongyeon finally decided to hide in the bathroom, so as not to disgrace further. Already from there she shouted. - I'll be ready in 10 minutes! In the meantime, prepare the products on the kitchen table and do not forget to wash your hands before cooking!

“She's so cute,” she laughed in Nayeon's voice , thanks to Momo for her help. - How old is she?

- 18 years old, she and I were even born in the same month, November - putting the last ingredient on the table, turning to the sink to wash our hands.

She the tap, put her palms under cold water, then reached for liquid soap, but Nayeon already took it . She shared her soap with Momo, slipping the waters with the same stream of water, she herself stood behind the girl, hugging her. Ardently, Momo turned her head in her direction, their faces were a millimeter apart, their hearts went wild with overflowing emotions. A little more, and you could kiss, but Nayeon just smacked her cheek and walked away:

“Now my hands are clean, thanks.”

“K - hmm,” Jeongyeon coughed as she appeared in the kitchen , Nayeon turned to her with a friendly smile, and Momo only frowned. - Momo, I wrote that you were going to come. Hello, I am Yu Jeongyeon , the best neighbor in the world - she introduced herself, holding out her hand, Nayeon accepted her, squeezing back, carefully examining the girl in the light.

Tall but too long. To the best of plump. Short blonde hair fell to the shoulders. Dark gray eyes, small nose, slightly elongated face, but a beautiful smile. More like a "brother" than a "sister." Just her type.

“I'm Nayeon , and you can call me, Nayeon is unnie .”

“Nabongs,” burst out from Jeongyeon when she drew attention to the front two teeth that protruded from the girl. - Sorry.

- How do you know my nickname? Momo ...

“I didn’t tell her anything,” answered the roommate who was silent and watching the greeting.

- Just your two teeth, they remind me of rabbit teeth - embarrassedly squirmed, looked away.

- Oh Clear. Everyone constantly talks about this to me - dismissed it. “Will you help me with the cooking, Jeongyeon ?”

- For this you are here - rolled up your sleeves, made out the selected products on the kitchen table, thought about it. - Fine, I know that we will cook. We are breaking!

3 days later, the Kim sisters were ready for their dates. They had warned their halves in advance that they would call for them. They unsubscribed that they will be waiting for them in the Minju house . Knowing what they are close friends, the sisters calmly agreed. Nayeon took her car, recently got her license, drove them to DaHyun's house . Holding in their hands a bouquet of wildflowers dressed up for such an occasion, the girls with a sinking heart approached the porch of the house. We climbed the stairs, stopped near the door, looked at each other, pressed the doorbell . The older sister Minju opened them , smiled at them, said how beautiful they are:

- They are upstairs in the room, changing clothes. It’s not really supposed to let a date into their room, but I will make an exception for the two of you. You are so cute, and I really was lucky to see you so happy Minju with you DaHyun . The first door on the left - she said, the sisters thanked.

DaHyun rose first, looking around and receiving approval from her sister, opened the door and froze.

- What stood at the door as if rooted to the spot, Tofu squeezed inside, saw a rather interesting picture, her friend was lying on her friend DaHyun , it seemed like nothing criminal, only now their faces were very close to each other and their hands touched the most intimate places. - Surprise. Come on, Tofu, we have nothing more to do here.

Hanging balls awaited them at home, red rose petals scattered across the floor, a banner with the inscription: “Happy Birthday! From 1 month! " The oven was baked duck, warmed about camping wine played a slow romantic music. A note from parents is attached on the refrigerator:

Have fun, all in the house at your location. See you tomorrow . ”

- What movie do you want to watch? - Nayeon asked inconsolably looking at all the beauty , getting ice cream from the freezer.

“Something fun, I want to laugh at our hopelessness.” I don’t want to shed tears or sadness - starting to cry and not trying to stop her bleeding heart wound, DaHyun scooped ice cream with a spoon and put it in .

- Yes, I agree. We only know what to lose. Let poklyanomsya that no longer fall in love - has offered such an option Nayeon , wiping her tears and sisters .

- Come on! - resolutely held out her little finger DaHyun .

***

2 years later

Nayeon - 21 years old. DaHyun - 19 years old.

We fell in love, they were abandoned, with a broken heart.

***

3 years later

Nayeon - 24 years old. DaHyun - 22 years old.

This time it seemed to them forever. But alas. They were comforted not only by themselves, but also by friends, best friends and colleagues. Then they threw such a party that Bill Gates himself would envy.

Laughter through tears.

They again swore that they would not fall in love.