One

Drive home

A group of schoolgirls came out of a high-rise building loudly talking about something. The classes finally ended, from the last lesson the teacher let them go early, decided to give them more free time. The girls discussed the whole past day, recalling funny and sad moments. They slowly reached the school gate when one of the girls, an older friend, turned to a friend from primary school and suggested:

“I'm free today, not in a hurry, so I can take you home, Chaeyoung .”

- Thank you, Nayeon - unnie , but they are already waiting for me - braiding her hair in a ponytail, she smiled at Chaeyoung , showing one dimple on her cheek.

- Who? Asked Jeongyeon , another older friend, hanging her backpack on her right shoulder. “Don’t say that this is one of those guys!” - nodding at the guys crowding at the school gates, showing all passing girls their cars or motorbikes.

- Guys? Our Chaengie got a boyfriend?! - Squealed, bouncing while walking, a blonde girl with her face so like a hamster. - Where is this handsome man who won the heart of our Chaeyoung?

-I think this is the one who just arrived on his motorcycle , Sanatang ,- Momo, a black-haired girl, trimmed under the chemise of a princess, said, pointing to a steel horse rising from her horse .

- Oh, how handsome! - Sana muttered delightedly, almost choking on a gulp of water made shortly before her friend's reply.

Mina, following her, gently patted her back, looked at the reaction of the youngest girl, when Momo pointed to the guy. She didn’t react at all, she just continued to move forward, with her hands in the pockets of her jacket. She began to carefully consider the candidates that fit the description of the ideal guy for Chaeyoung, and eventually found one stylish guy getting out of a chic car at the gate. And he seemed to be looking in their direction, he even smiled.

- It is he? She asked Chaeyoung quietly , who raised an eyebrow and only wanted to answer when a loud voice interrupted her:

- Chaengie!!! Hey Chaeyoung, I'm here!!! Here!!! - a pale girl with sea-wave hair waved a helmet while standing near a bicycle. She not only waved, but also bounced, trying to be taller than the people in front of her so that the girl noticed.

- Sorry, unnie , I have to go . I'll see you tomorrow - she bowed, said goodbye and ran laughing cheerfully to the waving girl.

- So the guy of her dreams is a girl? Sana asked discouragedly, glancing at her friends, who were watching with all their eyes how Chaeyoung had never turned back on the guys she had been running past. Her whole eyes and a happy smile were turned to the girl, near the bicycle parked near the curb with her one helmet on the steering wheel.

-Yes, it can't be like that,” the girls laughed awkwardly, brushing off Sana's words. Just another friend, like us.”

***

- Hey, bro - ran closer to the older girlfriends, elated said Chaeyoung .

-Hello, bro, - she smiled happily, raising her hand to shake. They made the movement familiar to both of them.

- DaHyun - unnie, do you have a new bike? - she looked closely with interest at the bike do, noting to myself that it is more suitable for racing than for a simple ride.

- No, it's an older brother. He borrowed his while my in repair - answered Kim DaHyun, the closest friend.

Chaeyoung has really known DaHyun since childhood. And not only in the street pranks that the girl came up with, but also in the neighborhood, because their mothers once graduated from one school, and were kind of the closest friends, almost sisters. After school, they fled in different directions, and what a surprise it was when Chaeyoung 's mom came to greet her new neighbors that came from Japan and found DaHyun's mom opening the door.

From childhood, Chaeyoung admired her older friend. She followed her on the heels, got into various adventures with her, had fun. When I had to go to school, it turned out that they would go to completely different schools. How many tears were shed, how many complaints from Chaeyoung , DaHyun behaved even more so at such a young age. She hugged the crying girl, her head, found various excuses to calm her down. Chaeyoung calmed down only when the next morning, leaving the inflated house to go to the bus stop and take the school bus, she saw a proudly standing black-haired girl with a bicycle:

- Chaengie, look, they gave me a bike. Now I can take you to school, and then bring you back. So we can see each other in the morning and in the evening.

- Do you know how to ride? - After thinking a little, the girl smiled a bright smile when DaHyun shook her head shyly.

“But I will learn.” And then will you ride with me? She asked hopefully.

“I'll go with you now, unnie, ” she boldly took the helmet and sat on the trunk, waiting for DaHyun to sit down and take him to school.

Well, from about that moment, it all started. DaHyun learned fast and soon developed a frantic speed, more than once scaring Chaeyoung . But she never said anything to her, she just held tight to her waist, closed her eyes and prayed that they would not bump into anywhere.

That was until the day she turned 14, and DaHyun first showed her a beautiful sunset on the evening of her day. Then they rode in the morning, drove wherever their heart desired. When we got tired, we stopped in the park, then near the river, lay on the grass and looked at the clouds, we just drove a bicycle and talked, laughed and talked.

-I have a special present for you, Chaengie - a little shy,” she said, avoiding her eyes.

- Which one? She asked excitedly.

- For this you need to sit on the bike and not close your eyes. Trust me, Chaeyoung - quietly asked, smiling shyly, that smile, which was intended only for her.

-I trusted you a long time ago, DaHyun - unnie - Chaeyoung admitted quietly as well , jumping into the seat, immediately hugging her tightly around the waist, laying her head on her back. - Go.

-Look carefully, Chaeyoung , it's all for you,” she turned her head in her direction, said with a gentle smile in DaHyun's eyes, began to pedal slowly.

They drove along the embankment when the sun was already going down over the horizon, coloring the sky with the last rays, drawing orange-bard lines. Brightness was replaced by grayness, in the evening colors words were written that fill anxious hearts.

-So beautiful, unnie, - whispered Chaeyoung, breathless , feeling the warmth of the girl’s back through the fabric of the T-shirt.

For the first time in her 14 years, she felt something in her heart, but it was so fleeting that she missed it, did not pay the necessary attention.

From that day on, she became interested in drawing, so she was now in an art club and at the same time was fond of music. She liked to compose songs, rap, and she did pretty well. That's what DaHyun always said. Is unnie talking about this, that is how it is, although she doubts herself all the time.

At her school, DaHyun was also fond of music, she liked to play the piano. She often gave home concerts for their families, and each time she embarrassedly smiled for her praise. But besides her passion for music and pranks, DaHyun was fond of bicycles. She really enjoyed riding it.

-One day I will slander the whole world with him.

- Without me? - offended pouted Chaeyoung.

-I don’t need the world without you,- DaHyun always answered gravely, and always after such answers Chaeyoung’s heart contracted in an unclear feeling. She did not know what to answer, so she always changed the subject.

Recently, DaHyun has less often taken Chaeyoung to school, many different morning classes at her school. Yes, and almost never saw each other, since DaHyun was preparing for the exam, and Chaeyoung knew that it was better not to interfere, although DaHyun always said the opposite:

-You never bother me, Chaengie. I love your company.

But the girl stubbornly did not appear in the house, worried about her grades and school performance, she did not want everything to spoil at the last moment, because DaHyun had almost finished school.

Therefore, Chaeyoung appreciated such rare moments as these, when DaHyun came to her and took her home after school, driving along familiar and new places she had discovered that Chaeyoung had not yet seen.

Now she was standing next to her and patiently waiting for DaHyun to put a helmet on her, carefully removing hair from her face, tucking her bangs inside the helmet. She can hear the barely noticeable aroma of her friend’s favorite perfumes, those that she once presented for her birthday. She takes a shallow breath so that the smell fills her lungs, is strengthened in her mental memory. She liked to remember even those little things related to DaHyun.

They stood very close together, their closest friends didn’t even stand, but honestly they didn’t care what others thought. Chaeyoung certainly didn't care.

-Well, that's it, everything is ready - smiling quite, showing an eye smile, DaHyun gently ran her index finger across her temples, then along her cheekbone, holding her near the chin for a short while, until she completely released her hand down. -You're safe now. Sit down and hold on, Chaengie - nodded into place behind her, pulling on her helmet and trying to fasten the clasp, but her fingers did not obey, slipping off.

-Let me help -said Chaeyoung , sweetly smiling softly removing her hands from the clasp, becoming even closer, almost touching the body.

She felt DaHyun 's gaze touching her face, lingering on her moles, caressing every line. Knowing that a friend was looking at her like she was admiring her, her heart again gave out strange vibrations, bringing warmth to her whole body.

-Now, you are also protected now - finishing fastening the belt on the helmet, Chaeyoung said quietly , not trying to take a step back and step back. She was so comfortable being so close to the girl.

-Thank you, Chae. - Coughing to somehow bring her voice back to normal, she smiled at DaHyun, the first to move away. - Come on, I'll take you home,- shifting awkwardly, not knowing what to do first, she said shyly.

-You say this brother bike is yours? Have you tried it already? Will we be alright? - doubt again gained momentum in the subconscious of Chaeyoung, when she, looking up from her friend's reddened face, examined their vehicle.

-He's light, fast, and the brake pedal works fine. - She shrugged, straightening her hair on her back, DaHyun leaned over to check if everything was okay with the chain. Chaeyoung unwittingly managed to admire her friend’s flexibility, her ideal body proportions. The warmth in my heart grew into heat, my cheeks all glowed, and my breath caught in my throat. - In the morning everything was fine - turning back to Chaeyoung's face, she continued to speak to DaHyun , but stopped, seeing the condition of her friend. - Chaengie, why are you so blushed? You feels bad? She asked excitedly, quickly raising her hand and checking her forehead. - There is no temperature, but why is there such a heat from you?

- Maybe due to fatigue. We have been standing here for a long time, my legs are already numb, I want to sit down and go already - blurted out the first thing that came to my mind, praying that my friend would swallow this lie and not from the bottom to ask embarrassing questions, which she will now find answers to.

- Hmm, maybe so. Okay, it's time to move forward. Jump - patted the seat in front of you, inviting the girl to sit down.

- Ahead? - doubtfully led an eyebrow. -Why can't I sit in the back?

-So you'll be safe - DaHyun simply said, smiling, moving her eyebrows playfully.

-You just want to cuddle, - she grunted, perfectly understanding her friend’s intentions, but not refusing her, already perched on the seat, holding her legs against the curb.

- True - she did not hide, lit up with a bright smile all over her face. Holding the wheel, almost hugging her friend at the waist, she threw her foot over the bike, sat down, looked at Chaeyoung shining in her cheerful eyes - hold on tight, Chaengie, we're going.

-And how am I supposed to stay here? For what? I'm afraid to hold the wheel, and suddenly bend over and we roll over? No, no, I don’t want to die - the girl reached out, turning in the front seat so as to be face to face with DaHyun. - I will hug you, DaHyunie. You do not mind?

-Absolutely not, - the girl grinned happily, putting her feet on the pedal and pushing the other foot off the curb. - Don't let me go, Chaeyoung, - she whispered, glancing briefly into her eyes as she approached her, now hugging with both hands.

-I won't let go - laying her head on chest level, hugging tightly around the waist , Chaeyoung also whispered , fully trusting her friend's life.

The heart, beating peacefully in the chest, again began to beat faster, she felt incredible joy from the upcoming trip. A little home adventure begins.

She didn’t want to close her eyes, she wanted to capture every moment, but as soon as they left, as soon as Chaeyoung heard a fast heartbeat in DaHyun’s chest , her eyes closed, her ears were pinned for only one sound that was so beloved for her.