F I N A L

To the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a split of second the soon-to-be-ex-alpha was thrown across the crude ground. He tried to fight back, but all he got was only injuries. The wolf pack was fierce and aggresive. The wolf pack was tough and ferocious. The wolf pack was his.

Ever since he was chosen to be their alpha, they found out that this leader was not strong as they wanted to. Rather than being invasive, he was more towards of docile. Days passed and eventually, they stepped up to kick him out.

As one of the wolves drew nearer, fangs bared ready to pounce, he closed his eyes and waited for the lethal gnaw. Heavy breaths were let out several times, but nothing happened. He opened his eyes again and saw their shadows disappearing in the woods, leaving him alone, surrounded by the damp earth and trees hummed with life.

Blood kept on oozing out from his muscular hind leg, searing fiery bursts pulsated around the wounds, and his breath was getting shallow. All he could feel was the pain which had taken all over his body and nerves, that he slowly became numb towards it. His vision was getting blurry, that he could only stared towards the tree in front of him.

Is it all over? Am I going to die here?

Sound of branches being stepped on could be heard. He wanted to run, but he could barely move. He lay on the ground, hissing in pain. There was something coming towards him, but he couldn't scent anything. Through his fuzzy view he could see a human figure walking towards him, followed by a girly voice. His consciousness was floating through an empty space filled with a thick static. Throughout the inky space his heartbeats pounded loudly, echoing in his ears, alongside fading pleas for help. Feeling in his body slowly drained away until finally all was black.

 

January 23rd. 2019 - 310 days

The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light, making every morning a perfect sunrise. Sunlight shone under the door like a ghoul's grin, yet gave the shutters a halo of golden rays. It felt so warm and comfy, that you wouldn't want to get up.

In the kitchen there was a girl in her twenties. She was in a light pink sweater with pair of cotton shorts, and there was a silver spatula in her hand. Watching as the meat grilling on the pan, she let out a satisfied smile.

In the room it was the wolf of previous night. He was welcomed by the scent of lemongrass which filled the bedroom, and the sound of engines from the cars passing by. At first he was reluctant to open his eyes, but then he woke up as if it was an emergency, as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing. His heart was beating fast and there was a buzzing in his brain and together they were as panic with jump-leads. Obviously he needed some time to shed the sleep from his brain, to allow the visions of the night to give way to the day, to move from that which he experienced the night before to things which were more fixed and real.

He glanced around the room. Weird, it looked so unfamiliar. It wasn't his room. He saw himself being covered by a white soft duvet as he slowly sat out. Moments later he heard footsteps approaching then the door opened. His eyes turned wide.

It was a girl, the owner of the house.

"Are you awake?" She hummed, still not realizing that the creature in the room was different from yesterday night.

Then she saw him. A young man at almost her age was sitting on the bed, with only the white sheet covering half of his body.

Both of them screamed.

"Who are you? And why are you in my room?!" She nearly shrieked. And he shouted. "And who are you? Why am I here?" Then he felt a strong strike of pain that he closed his eyes tightly and groaned.

The girl froze on her spot. "Are...are you okay?" Being kind as she always was, she slowly walked towards him, then she saw his bandaged arm. The way that the wound was treated, was exactly the same as how she did towards the wolf last night.

He tried to move, but she quickly sat down beside him and stopped him from moving. She held his face, noticing the scar below his eyes, just like the one on the wolf. Immediately he stopped struggling, and stared into her eyes. Both of them exchanged glances for a few second, before she began. "Don't tell me you were the beast."

He gulped, but it didn't stop him from answering. "I hate to admit it, but yes." She stood up and took a few deep breaths. "Someone please tell me this isn't real."

He didn't respond, instead he smiled at her, revealing his dimples. "You're cute." She eyed on him. He had tousled grey hair, charming from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. Seconds later she calmed herself down. "Ok, what's going on now..."

"Apparently I'm a werewolf." He spoke. "I turned into a wolf when there is a full moon. Other days I'm a normal person like you. Just in case I may forget to tell you after this, I heal fast, so don't be shocked if you see me without these bandages later on."

She stared at him for another minute before she realised something and blushed. "Why don't you put on your clothes first?" She looked away after glancing at his muscular biceps. The guy looked around the room and raised an eyebrow. "But I don't have any clothes with me now."

"Uhh." She sighed and gently hit her forehead. "Fine, I'll get one for you." Moments later she came back with a whole set of male outfit. "There you go. Come out for breakfast after you are done." She passed him the clothes without looking at him, and then she left.

 

"What's your name?" The girl asked while munching on her bacon sandwich. "I'm Bang Chan. Just call me Chan will do, or Chris if you don't mind." The guy was now in a pair of grey jogging pants and an oversized white T-shirt. "And yours?"

"I'm Suyeon, Han Suyeon." She poured a glass of milk for him. Then she asked again. "Where do you live?"'

"I actually have my own house. My foster dad left it to me after he immigrated." Then he laughed awkwardly. "But he still gives me monthly allowances even though I have my own career. What about you? Do you live alone?"

Suyeon shrugged. "For now yes, but previously my ex-boyfriend would sometimes come to stay overnight, and that's why he has some clothes here. Those you are wearing now are all his. Uhh, he still left some of his belongings here." She sighed. "Speaking of which, I seldom see his updates recently and I wonder how he is doing now... And, OH YES, MY PHONE."

"What happened?" Chan saw as she got up to the living room. Then she came back with a phone in her hand. "I don't know what's going on these days. One day I woke up, I found myself in the forest." She frowned. "Everything was normal except for my phone, it was broken. So I went to the mobile shop, BUT! NO ONE CAME TO ME! It was so weird. Wherever I went, everyone acted like they didn't see me, no matter how hard I tried to call them."

"So you decided to go back to that forest?" Chan stared at her. She nodded. "Yes, I want to know is there anything related with it, and that was how I saw you lying there covered with blood."

"Thank you...for saving me." He unintentionally touched his bandaged wrist. "But you said everyone ignored you, then why I can be here to talk to you?"

"At least you are the normal one." She smiled wryly. "Or maybe we should go out and see how it goes again?" Chan's lip curved into a smile. "Let's get changed."

 

Suyeon had walked those streets her whole life, She knew them just the same as if they were etched in her head with a sharp knife, scored in deep like some strange work of art. Those were the streets she grew up on and for the most part she was calm there, at home, on the down low with a steady heart beat.

Not that day though.

She felt extremely lonely, as if she had lost connection with the world. She could see girls staring at Chan and whispering among themselves, but she felt herself being isolated. She was stuck in a dream, struggling to get back to reality. She screamed out for help but nothing came out of as she sank deeper and deeper within a sea of hallucination. No one ever noticed her.

"Umm, Suyeon?" She heard his voice. "We're here." She blinked and looked towards him, before realizing that they were already in front of the same mobile shop. Just as they were about to enter, something eerie caught her attention.

"Chan..." She called out for him, then she began to pat him impatiently. "Yes, Suyeon, why?"

"Do you see that..." She pointed towards the glass of the boutique across the street. Both of them saw Chan's reflection.

But not hers.

"How did this happen?!" Suyeon spoke through her trembling lips, that her body started to quiver as well. "What is this...? Why can't I see my own reflection?"

Chan widened his eyes. So was that the reason he couldn't sense the scent of human that night? Before he could organize his thoughts, Suyeon collapsed in front of him.

 

There was a crushing pain just on one side of her head that came and went in a pattern. Suyeon felt so nauseous that she couldn't help but to open her eyes. The first thing she saw was a beautiful young man staring at her worriedly, asking her if she was okay.

"Chan, where are we?" She asked weakly. "This is your house. Don't worry. You just fainted, and I brought you home." He replied as he wiped her forehead with a warm damp cloth. Slowly tears began falling out of her eyes as she uttered. "Is this why everyone ignored me? Not that they acted like they didn't see me, in fact they couldn't see me! I'm dead, isn't it? But how?"

"Suyeon, at this time you should rest." Chan wiped away her tears. She shook her head and tried to sit up, while Chan helped her. "No, I can't. I must know everything right now."

Chan sat down beside her and looked into her eyes. "So tell me, what are the things that happened before you woke up in the forest?" Suyeon looked at him, before staring into the air. "It was a cold moonless night. The sky was dark and low, the air was so chilled that it was hurt to breathe." He continued to listen to her. "I remember walking alone through the dark along the street. There was barely anyone else." Merely thinking of it had caused her to shiver, so she moved closer to Chan. "I felt something strange. There was someone following me. I tried to call my friends, but none of them picked up the phone. After that..." She paused, along with her breath. "I don't know what happened after that."

"You've gone through so much, Suyeon. Take some rest." Chan was trying to settle her down but she continued. "If I'm dead, then why am I still here? How can I still be able to talk to you?"

"Do you have something else in this world that you couldn't get over?" His words made her to ponder. "Woojin... I-I mean my ex-boyfriend. Ever since we broke up I always felt that I owe him a lot. I'm not sure if he is happy now... I just hope that he is having a greater life without me." Chan her shoulder as she rested in his arms, then sleep slowly took over her.

 

February 17th, 2019 - 278 days

"Is this how you usually make the soup?" Chan asked as Suyeon turned off the fire, and she nodded. "Well, if for me, I would add parsley." He suggested.

Both of them had lived together for weeks. Suyeon asked Chan if he could move over to stay with her so that she could always have a companion whenever she needed someone to talk to. At first he was hesitated just because it seemed not to be that good for a guy who wasn't even that close to her to live under the same roof, but then she begged him. She was lonely. She was scared. She was despaired. Chan asked if she was afraid of him changing into a werewolf during full moon, but she said it was okay. She didn't even feel scared when she brought him home that night when he was badly injured. Plus, even if he wanted to kill her she wouldn't be surprised, because she was dead anyways.

Despite Chan's healing ability, Suyeon being a vet when she was alive, helped him to recover even faster. It took only three days for him to take care of her in turn. He would always be there for her when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter