Birthday's Kiss

Birthday's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You should’ve told me today’s your birthday so I could have gotten you something before going here.”

It's past 12 midnight and we're the only ones left in the office. She came straight from her work and decided to swing by my office after learning that I'm left alone. She initially thought tomorrow’s my birthday. I didn’t bother to correct her before. My birthday's not a big deal anyway.

“Well, at least I’ve started my birthday with someone rather than alone.” I saw her smile proudly but I didn’t speak about it.

She picked up her bag as I turned off my iMac. This video project will be the death of me.

“Let’s go?”

 

 

We arrived at a 24/7 diner that serves great food, or so she says. I’ve never been here so she insisted that we eat here.

“Anything you want?” I scanned the menu, not registering anything. My brain is too fried for this. That, and I haven’t eaten anything since lunch.

“Can you choose for me? I’m just really hungry,” I admitted.

She then called a waiter and told him our orders, even asking for him to advance my order. How thoughtful, I thought. As soon as he left, she looked at me with that side smirk of hers again. God, that smile.

“So, you haven’t eaten anything since lunch?” If I count it correctly, it’ll be 13 hours since my last meal.

“Uhh, I’m afraid I’ll lose my appetite if I’ve eaten anything before… you know,” I told her, motioning my hands around, pertaining to the ‘date’ we’re having. I’m getting all shy now. I’m not normally this vocal.

“Aww, you did that and really waited for me? I feel so touched, Seungwan-ah”

I almost lost all remaining functions after hearing her call my name.

Our food arrived. I got soy chicken with rice and she’s having pancake waffles.

“So, how did your day go?” She casually asked.

I’m not the conversation-starter type. She knows that. That’s why she’s always the one to start. And also, she loves to share stories so I just let her, laughing at some of the events that happened to her throughout the day.

"I mean, I've been only talking with my boss for the whole day so imagine how tiring that was for me." yes, I can imagine. She's a social butterfly, that I know. Now that there's barely any people during her shift, it has gotta be boring for her.

We fell quiet for a while, with me finishing the last of my meal. I saw her look around and smiled a bit. She also hummed with the music that was playing in the background. It's a love song.

"This place is kinda romantic, don't you think?"

"Yeah, seems like many like to date here at this hour." I looked around and indeed, couples surround us. It looks like we're the only ones who aren't.

I realized then, we might as well look like a couple in this place.

As I was observing around, she took the chance to put a slice of waffle on my plate.

"Huh?"

She just smiled, even giggled a bit. "I'm a bit full. I'm sorry if I gave it to you so suddenly. I'm just used to giving it to Sungjae if I can't finish my food. I know, it's kinda childish of me but yeah." Yeah, Sungjae, her boyfriend.

"Well, since I hate wasting food, might as well eat these."

Once I emptied my plate, we called for our bill. I paid our meal while she went to the toilet.

As we exited the place, she suddenly smiled and looked at me.

"Let's have one bottle each. My treat." Yep, she's asking me for a drink.

"Sure."

We arrived at the only 24/7 bar in the place.

It's bustling with foreigners and hookers flirting their way to these white guys. There are groups who seems like they enjoyed a little bit too much. I can see several eyes following our direction, specifically Joy's.

Once we found a table, a server gave us the menu.

"You hated regular beer, right?" she asked. I nodded.

"Alright. I know just a drink."

As soon as the server left with our orders, a foreigner, probably African, approached us.

"Hey, ladies."

Being the social butterfly that she is, Joy did most of the talking. I just stayed quiet all throughout. I'm awake for eighteen hours already. I'm too sleepy for this.

"So, would you mind if I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter