BRAVE HEART NEWS

Brave Heart

SBS' DATING PROGRAM, BRAVE HEART, ALLEGEDLY CASTING YG ENTERTAINMENT ARTISTS DESPITE SCANDALS
By: J. Lee
October 12, 2019

SBS' upcoming dating program, Brave Heart, had been gaining attention since it was revealed to the public last year.

Following previous dating programs such as The Romantic, Heart Signal and Love Catcher, Brave Heart was rumored to be a mix of the three and more.

Causing the public's uproar apart from its intriguing format and its director and producer, Na PD, who known for his unique and successful variety programs, is a controversial rumor. The famed producer have been reported to personally cast YG Entertainment's artists to his program.

Following YG Entertainment's ion, gambling and drug-related scandals, members of the public had been merciless to its artists. Although the popular groups handled by the company still managed to keep their fans, the general public boycotted most of their activities.

Now the program is faced with rumors associating it with the controversial company. The public is questioning its rationality.

To finally address the rumor, SBS issued an official statement through Na PD.

"Brave Heart had just finalized its casting and I am very much satisfied with it. All individuals participating in the program are decent people. Scandals of artists do badly reflect the poor management of their company but it should not be associated to innocent and decent artists, who only happen to share a company with them. Human beings are rational creatures. I hope I wasn't naive to believe in the goodness of humanity."

Brave Heart will premiere after the finale of “Show Me the Money.” It will air on October 15, 7 PM, KST. Stay tuned for more updates!

What do you think of the show? Let us know in the comments below!

---

COMMENTS

[ ] +8,413: This is why Na PD is so successful and well-respected in the entertainment world. He always has high regards for his craft. Not even a scandal or issue could stop his great productions.

[ ] +7,125: Well, people can be narrow-minded at times, only thinking of what they want to think especially if what they only see is what's on the surface. I'm a bit guilty as charged. Not all YG artists should be at the receiving end of all the hate. Most of them are not even involved with the scandals. Now, they can't even participate in any kind of TV program in peace. 😓

[ ] +5,876: YG is still a trash. I don't even know why the cases against those involved are still not settled, creating more trouble than they already have. Poor artists being dragged down by their company.

[ ] +3,123: As long as they won't let a druggie participate, I'm okay with it. I have been looking forward to Na PD's comeback after he took a break last year. But a dating program though? Dating programs are so underrated. They're cheesy and forced. But since it's Na PD's, I'll deifinitely check it out. 🤩

[ ] +2,765: Some YG artists are doing good though. Winner's doing great, having sold out concert and an anticipated comeback. Meanwhile, Akdong Musician just released a new album and are charting great. IKON's on their tour as well. On the other hand though, I heard there were a lot of vacant seats during Blackpink's fanmeeting. Lee Hi and CL's whereabouts are unknown too. Poor artists.

[ ] +1,943: I hope Na PD's brash decisions wouldn't get him in trouble someday. He has always been acting on impulse. But I do respect him a lot. He stands by his decisions no matter what the consequences are. Na PD fighting! Brave Heart fighting! ❤❤❤

[ ] +976: A Na PD fan and a Winner fan here!!! I'm going to support this show no matter what! Please show all your support as well! Fighting!

[ ] +779: Hmmm... Interesting. They should just put the responsible ones to jail. If only the idols groups left in YG could choose to move to a new company, I'm sure they did already. YG artists aren't bad. They can end up with big companies like JYP, SM or even to BIG HIT with their huge following. I'm sure they will be treated better. If only.

[ ] +632: This show has receiving so much attention. There's just so much drama going on but I'm sure they're enjoying the publicity. I'm looking forward to October 15!!!

[ ] +590: I'm a blink. Reading Na PD's statement makes me wanna cry. 😭 If only I could hug him, I would. As a fan, seeing my girls being treated unfairly and hated for random things people can think of breaks my heart. 💔 If only I could do something about it, I would but I'm just an ordinary person. But you, Na PD did something I'm sure every YG fan out there would be thankful for. For that, I respect and admire you. Na PD, I'm cheering for you!