You Were Beautiful

DARAGON One-shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Suprise!!!! Hahaha.

Dara bows to the last customer for that day. She's working as a head manager in a high-class salon in Gangnam. After the customer left, she congratulates everyone for a job well done that day and went to the resting area to have some coffee before she goes home. Working 10 hours a day with a monthly salary of ₩ 4 million a month is enough for her and her daughter, Ga Eun, to live.

 

After Dara and Ji Yong broke up, Dara felt guilty for doing what she did with Ji Yong. Ji Yong was nothing but a good boyfriend to him. But she cheated on him for so many times, and she lost the best thing that ever happened in her life at that moment. Her life with Dong Hae was good at first. They lived together and he took care of her. They didn't talk about marriage, even Dara was expecting it from him, she never voiced it out. Then, Ga Eun was born. Their little bundle of joy. She is the apple of her parent's eyes. Until Dong Hae changed. He becomes workaholic and always busy with work stuff. He's always on a business trip. Ga Eun was 18 months old when Dara talked to Dong Hae on what's going on. Dong Hae then confessed that he's not ready to have a family. That he has so many dreams before he settles down. They broke up. But Dong Hae keep a trust fund account for Ga Eun, for her future. He also gives monthly allowance for Ga Eun's need. Dara then decided to went back to her job as a stylist. Luckily, the owner still believes in her skills and accepted her. Everything is well. She finds a place for her and Ga Eun and hired a nanny that will take care of Ga Eun during her work hours. She didn't date since she broke up with Dong Hae. She doesn't feel like it. She feels like she deserves to be alone and she doesn't want to confuse Ga Eun by having a man in her life besides Ga Eun's father.

 

Dong Hae got married when Ga Eun turned 3 years old. His wife is a bit insecure about Ga Eun's existence. She even requested that Dong Hae should stop giving allowance to Ga Eun since Dara has a job and Dong Hae should focus on their family. Dara was okay with it. It's better than Ga Eun hopes that she and Dong Hae will get back together. Dong Hae stops giving allowance to Ga Eun when she turned 4 but continues to fund her trust fund. Dara never heard from them since then aside the money coming in on Ga Eun's bank account every month.

 

Dara got home at 8 pm. She's welcome by her daughter while her nanny, Su Hyun, is behind her. Dara thanked Su Hyun before she left. Dara put down her bag and change for home clothes before she prepares dinner for her and Ga Eun. Ga Eun is telling her what she did with Su Hyun that day. Ga Eun is 5 years old already. She's pretty, kind and smart. She likes drawing and dancing. She also likes dressing up and has a pretty smile.

 

"Omma?"

 

"Yes, princess?"

 

"Are we going to the park tomorrow?" Ga Eun asks.

 

"Yes. I promised, right?" Dara smiles as she chops some vegetables. Ga Eun nods. "Omma, can we have kimbap tomorrow?"

 

"Sure, princess," Dara said. Ga Eun went back to the sofa and took her doll to play with it. Having Ga Eun with her is more than enough. even though, sometimes, she feels lonely and misses being special to someone.

 

Dara feed and bathe Ga Eun before she brought her to bed so she would sleep. When Ga Eun feel asleep, Dara went outside with her laptop to check her finances and insurance online. Ga Eun will have her general check-up soon and they will visit Dara's Mom in Busan next week.

 

She opens her email to check something when she noticed one of the new messages she received. It was an email from Kwon Ji Yong. Dara was surprised by it. Ji Yong emailed her? Why? She clicked the message.

 

Baby,

I know you'll be surprised when you received this but I just want to say Happy 10th Anniversary! I know this may be cheesy but I really want to do this. I made something for you. I hope you like it. I love you, Dara.

Love, Ji Yong

 

Dara was shocked by the email. She checked the date. It was sent today but it was created 5 years ago and scheduled to be sent today. Dara checked the attachment. It was a video. Dara was scared to watch it but she did. She opens it.

 

The video starts with her eating in a restaurant. Ji Yong is the one taking the video. He's calling her and saying he loves her. She just smiles and continues to eat. Another scene came up where Dara is sleeping and Ji Yong is telling her how much he loves her. Various scenes of Ji Yong taking videos of her while they are together. Dara remembers each one of them. She feels nostalgic as she watched each scene. There are also some clips that Ji Yong will set the camera somewhere and will come up to Dara just to hug her or kiss her. He sometimes ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter