6:

Insight
Please log in to read the full chapter

My palms were sweating as I knocked on Subin’s door. I was too excited to see her again, I swear, she’s the only one who could ever make me forget about my troubles, even in this life. The door opened and Subin stood there looking exhausted and annoyed, “Uh..h-hey, I’m here.”



She rubbed her eyes shaking her head, it looks like I might have woken her up out of her sleep, “Oh , it’s you,” she mumbled, she looked back at her still messy apartment, “yeah, come on in.”

I walked in carefully avoiding stepping on clothes that are scattered all over the floor, “I’m pretty sure I still have cleaning supplies,” she said collapsing on the couch, “Oh, well, okay I’ll find them no worries,” I scavenged for cleaning supplies in cupboards and closets only to find little of it.

This isn’t like her to live like this, she was always so clean and organized, what on earth happened? Was it…because I “died”? I began picking up clothes off the floor, Subin was still laying on the couch scrolling on her phone, I don’t know how to begin a conversation without being my old self. I was thinking hard on what to say until I accidentally picked up at thong, belonging to her, “Ah!” I slightly yelled throwing it on the floor, I felt the blood rushing to my face. S-She…wear those? Subin peeked from behind her phone, I shook my head trying not to imagine her wearing it since…I’m not me.

She quickly looks down on what I was looking at and saw her thong, “GEEZ!” she yelled running over to pick it up hiding it behind her. “S-sorry! I mean it was on the floor!!” I tried to explain, her face was a hint of red her gaze was on the floor, “Subin?” I whispered, she all of a sudden broke out laughing, I was slightly confused and said nothing continuing to clean.
 



“Wow, I…never seen my apartment to sparkly.” Her eyes wander around, it took me more than 4 hours to clean and organize this place. “Can I offer you something to eat, drink? I mean, I can’t cook but we can order takeout…my treat,” She smiles.

The pizza arrived and we sat on the floor in the living room eating while watching a drama. So far, I’ve just been quiet and observant on everything, Subin still feels a little off but there are parts of the old her that I recognize. I want…to see more

Please log in to read the full chapter