5:

Insight
Please log in to read the full chapter

Morning Calm accountant Kim Seokjin, 24, killed in fatal car accident. Kim was ejected from his vehicle after striking electrical pole late at night on Wednesday, June 25th, 2014...

There’s no way.



I don’t understand…any of this. I’m…dead? Why…why can’t I remember anything that night? Why? And if I’m dead in Jeongguk’s body, then where is he? Am I going to be here forever?

I turned my phone off and deeply sighed trying to hold back more tears, I got up from the table at a café and walked out not knowing where to go. I don’t belong here, I don’t belong in this time, I just want to go back home, I don’t want to be dead.

More tears were forming behind my eyes, what do I do? I feel so alone.



My shoulder bumped into someone causing them to drop their food on the ground, “, I’m so sorry,” I say,

“Aish, that was my dinner,” the person groaned…Subin?

She crouched down to pick up her ruined food off the ground, I hesitantly got down to help her, “I’m sorry,” I said again, she looks up at me, “You again??” she clicked her tongue, I looked down and saw it was her favorite dumplings the kind I used to make her all the time.



“I, I can buy you another,” she glares at me shaking her head, “The store that makes these dumplings just closed!” she got up and crossed her arms whilst tapping her foot looking disgusted at me.

A part of me wanted to laugh because it was the same face she used to make when I fell asleep on her or ate all of her snacks, it made my heart warm. “How much were they, I’ll give you cash to pay for it,” I say getting out my--er- Jeongguk’s wallet. “Forget it,” she muttered pinching the skin between her eyebrows, she turned around and began to walk away leaving with a sad expression.

Subin…you used to smile all the time. “How about….how about I make you some,” I called out after her, she paused turning around to look at me, “What?” “I can make you these dumplings, I’m pretty good at cooking.” I half smiled, she just stared at me with a confused look on her face, “well?”



I walked up the last flight of stairs in Subin’s apartment complex carrying bags of the ingredients for the dumplings. I have never been here, I guess she’s too old to live with her parents. It’s 2017 so she should be turning 26 this year. I wish I could have celebrated her last 2 birthdays with her, and, hopefully, this one. “Well we’re here,” Subin got out her keys and opened her door, it was dark inside. “Hold on, let me turn the light on,” she sighs, as soon as she flicks the light on my eyes almost boggled out of my eye socket, her apartment…was a mess.

“Sorry about the mess, just…didn't have time to clean okay?” She grabbed one of

Please log in to read the full chapter