14: Seokjin

Insight
Please log in to read the full chapter

Geez, I almost outed myself I need to be more careful of what I say around her!

We were both silent on the swings slowly moving back and forth I can tell she's sad right now. I don't know how to comfort her being Jeongguk which makes me upset. 

"How..how did you meet your fianće...Seokjin?" I cleared my throat, I was trying to make light in this atmosphere. Actually, I'm pretty curious about what her memories of meeting me when she, I and Jimin were working at a fast food place in our early college years were like. 

A small smile crept onto her face, "It was about 8 years ago, I was a new hire at this fast food place called Burger Paradise and I remember being the only girl on the evening shift. Sadly, believe it or not, I looked like the biggest nerd back then being 18 and a freshman in college, I had big framed glasses and imperfect skin." she lightly laughs at herself "Super uglyyyy." 

'You were beautiful' is what I wanted to say to her.

-Flashback Jin's POV-

 

"Alright, listen up!" our nightshift manager Namjoon called out to everyone,

"What's going on boss?" Jimin asked with a yawn.

"We have a new hire here tonight, her name is Subin," he stepped aside revealing a petite girl with glasses almost covering the top half of her face. She adjusted her glasses looking down at the floor with the tip of her ears lightly turning red, "H-hello my name is Nam Subin," she spoke quietly, "It's nice to meet you all, lets work hard together." she bows. 

"Welcome" the night crew said in unison 

"Alright, um..." Namjoon scans the room, "Seokjin! I want you to train Subin...on the registers." 

My eyes bulge, "M-me?" I pointed to myself.

"Yes you Mr.Worldwide!" Namjoon points to me. "Okay everyone let's get back to work!"

Subin joined me at the registers, I was actually hoping to slack tonight since it's so slow. 

"Thank you for training me sunbaenim" she says slightly bowing, she wouldn't look me in the eyes. She's pretty cute like a puppy, I guess. 

"I'll try not to be boring teaching you, well, I mean it's kinda self-explanatory, but we'll just wait until a customer comes" I smiled, she didn't say anything...which made it awkward. It's been about 5 minutes and we were just standing here silently, geez, is she always quiet?? Does she not like to talk?? Or not like me?? She doesn't know me to not like me?? Is my presence bothering her?? Here I go again overthinking. 

"Jin-ssi!!" Jimin groans walking up front with a mop and bucket. "I'm so bored I don't wanna work!" he cried

"You say tha

Please log in to read the full chapter