The Morning After

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*RING RING!! RING RING!!*

 

Sungjae who was sound asleep was awakened by the sound of his ringing phone. With his eyes still closed, he reached his long arm out to grab his phone and answered it groggily. 

 

Sungjae: *In a sleepy voice* Hello? Sooyoung-ah, why did you call? Why aren't you asleep at this hour...? Sooyoung-ah, hello??

 

The call ended with a thud. 

 

Sungjae: What is this...? Why did Sooyoungie call in the middle of the night then hang up the phone?

 

Sungjae tried to call Joy back a few times, but she refused to answer his calls. 

 

Sungjae: That's strange... Did she just accidentally dial my number when she was asleep? It's probably nothing, maybe I should just leave her a text

 

With Joy ignoring Sungjae's calls, Sungjae decided to send her a text message, and went back to bed. 

 

"Sooyoung-ah, why did you call me then hang up without saying anything? Did you accidentally call me in your sleep? You fell asleep with your phone in your hand again didn't you~ In case you need me for anything, I'll leave my sound on, so just give me a call! Sleep well baby~"

 

Meanwhile, Joy was soulessly wandering around the street. After a while of walking, she finally arrived back at the dorm. She quietly crept back into the house and locked herself in the bathroom. She took off her coat and stared at her own body in the mirror. The body that she looked at every single day, suddenly felt unfamiliar to her, like it was not her own, like it no longer belonged to her. She stepped into the shower and crouched under the shower head as the water hit her like a waterfall. She stayed motionless as the water washed away every speck of dirt from her body, but even after running the water for nearly an hour, she still felt dirty, as if her entire body has been tainted by an invisible coat of paint that cannot be washed away. No matter how much soap she used, no matter how hard she scrubbed, it can never be cleaned. Her numbed emotions began to resurface, overwhelming her all at once. Endless tears flowed onto her cheeks as she cried her eyes out. The sound of the water flowing from the shower head mask the sound of her crying. Even though it's already been hours since she left the hotel, she could still clearly feel the producer's touch on her body.

Exhausted from the sobbing, Joy finally came out of the shower and climbed into her bed. She was emotionally and physically drained, but she could not fall asleep. Every time she closed her eyes, the image of what happened pops up in front of her like a flashback that she cannot get rid of. When she finally falls asleep, she gets haunted by the memory, being forced to relive it over and over again. In her years of working as an idol, people have always commented on her body in both a positive and negative manner, but never once have she felt this violated. 

Soon, morning came. It seemed to Joy like she barely got any sleep. Her body felt so heavy to her that she could not move, but she did not have a choice as the unnies got up and knocked on her door, telling her to get ready for their schedule. After getting no response from Joy after knocking multiple times, Wendy flung her door open and shouted for Joy to wake up.

 

Wendy: Time to wake up Sooyoung-ah, better get up soon if you don't wanna fight with Yeri over the bathroom again today!! Come on~

 

Left with no choice, Joy dragged her heavy body out of bed. As she tried to support the weight of her body with her right arm when getting up, she cried in pain as she recalled hurting her shoulder last night. Dehydrated from the endless crying, her weak legs gave away, collapsing onto the floor. 

 

Wendy: Joy-ah!! 

 

Wendy rushed over to help Joy up immediately. 

 

Wendy: Are you alright? Why do you look so pale? Your condition is horrible today...

Joy: *Weakly* I'm okay...

Wendy: Are you sure? You don't look so well

Joy: *Puts on a fake smile* It's fine, I'm fine, don't worry

Wendy: Maybe you should just stay home and rest today, I'll tell manager unnie that you're sick

Joy: Nah I'm alright, I can do it

Wendy: You're way too weak to work right now, just get the day off and get some rest today, come on, get back in bed

Joy: Thank you unnie

Wend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter