Odetober Day 7 : Chocolate / let me hear you say

Somniphobia and other painful self indulgences

 

Chocolate: let me hear you say

 

A ‘Grind’ drabble 

 

Wonwoo had just ended the day from hell. He didn’t know why he thought he could handle the promotion with everything going on in his life but he’d taken it anyway. Now he was working longer hours and handling more responsibility and carrying a lot more stress. He could really do with something to lift his mood.

 

 

He walked the two blocks over to his favourite restaurant and smiled instantly when he saw the sign that read ‘Whipped’ hanging over the door. He pushed his way in. The place was packed wall to wall, as it always was, the chef had a flawless reputation. Anyone else would have trouble getting a seat. But Wonwoo wasn’t just anyone and Jeonghan tossed him a wave from near the bar as he pointed to the kitchen.

 

It was chaos. Sous chefs hurried back and forth with hot dishes in their hands while wait staff rotated back and forth from a service counter. And in the middle of it all, like a beacon of beauty in a turbulent sea, Mingyu. His Mingyu.

 

“Office!” Mingyu shouted over the din and clatter and it was obvious he was in the way. Wonwoo slipped as unobtrusively as he could past the busy workers and into Mingyu’s office where a little round table sat in the corner. It was set with a white cloth and cutlery and it was as if Mingyu was expecting him (which, of course, he was).

 

A plate landed in front of him and Mingyu was gone again before he could grumble about it. The proportion of vegetables to carbs didn’t suit Wonwoo’s mood but Mingyu always wanted him to eat healthy.

 

He ate it all and sat back to his pants. Living with a top chef meant his clothes were definitely starting to struggle but his cheeks were always pink and he didn’t sleep as much as he used to. Mingyu was good, both to him and for him, the best thing that had ever happened to him actually.

 

He finally felt relaxed as he closed his eyes and let his head drop forward. He cradled it with his arms on the table and let his eyes droop and only lifted his gaze when the door opened with a clatter.

 

“Rush is over!” Mingyu announced proudly. He began to fuss around over near his desk and Wonwoo wondered what he was up to. With a dramatic flourish a small white plate landed in front of him bringing with it a rich sweetly bitter aroma.

 

“Chocolate!” Mingyu said proudly.

 

“,” Wonwoo said when he saw the decadent delight in front of him. “Now this is more like it...” On a whim he pulled his love into his lap and wiped a smear of the ganache down his cheek. He chased it with his tongue, the smooth flawless expanse of Mingyu’s skin, baffled over what was sweeter.

 

“Testing out wedding cake recipes,” Mingyu giggled as Wonwoo nibbled at his neck. His hands wandered all over his back, his neat chef coat always pristine, his apron long discarded.

 

“Good?” Mingyu asked as Wonwoo hummed distracted noises of agreement into his neck. “Wonwoo, let me hear you say it...” he whined and Wonwoo stopped kissing him to humour the spoiled man. “Baby, it’s delicious...” Wonwoo smirked in that way that made Mingyu shiver down his spine. “It tastes better when I it off you though so let’s take this home.”

 

Mingyu scrambled to his feet and couldn’t find a cake box quick enough.