Cherry Lollipop 3 of 8

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cherry Lollipop

 

3. A Visit

*****

(A/N TW: adult/explicit language/etc in middle and later part of chapter.)

 

It was the next day at ZI Fashion where it was busy as always with employees zipping back and forth from their desks to elsewhere. A certain woman’s face was quite happy as she strolled along with the office which caught many of their attention at the wonderful sight.

 

“Did something good happened last night Miyawaki san?” a voice yelled as the person stared at her.

 

She passed by with a smile and dismissively waved with a short reply of “I guess? I’ll tell you when the time comes!”

 

She neared a certain blonde woman and rushed to hug her from behind causing the woman to shriek out loud from the unexpected hug.

 

“HIICHAN!!!!!!” Sakura yelled.

 

“S-Sakuchan!?! W-what’s this for????” Hitomi asked while looking behind to see the smiling face of Sakura right behind her shoulder causing her to blush madly.

 

Sakura cupped her hand towards Hitomi’s ear and happily whispered.

 

“I listened to your advice! I feel more confident about Friday!”

 

“O-Oh...really?! I’m happy to hear that!” Hitomi replied as she covered her rosy cheeks of peach.

 

“Hehehehe, tell me more advice and you’ll have to get used to this!”

 

Hitomi now covered her eyes as well causing Sakura to chuckle out loud which transferred to the people around them. The cuteness shown in front of them made everyone smile and cheered everyone up considering it was past afternoon when everyone was going into a slope in hopes of going home soon. Sakura broke off her hug and then patted her head as she started to walk towards the lobby area but not before calling out to Hitomi again.

 

“Hiichan, let’s get lunch tomorrow! My treat okay?!”

 

The blonde peach girl nodded with a smile as she bowed towards Sakura who waved her hands dismissively at the bow.

 

“Hiichan, you gotta stop doing that to me! I’m just your co-worker!” she stated as she gave one last wave goodbye and disappeared for the lobby.

 

-----------------------------

Blocks away at Eno MAG...

 

As Minju walked from the break room and headed to the office area, she noticed a certain raven-haired woman leaning on the wall looking at the ceiling as she was about to pass by. The face on the woman was rather depressing so she stopped by to try to cheer her up.

 

“Unnie…..you seem rather sad today. Did something happen?”

 

“It's ...nothing.” Hyewon answered rather lifelessly as she turned her head to the woman. 

 

“This oddly feels like yesterday but your face seems way more worn out....are you sure you’re okay?” Minju said and just now noticed that Hyewon’s eyeliner seemed to be smeared in a few places like she was crying. She didn’t say anything and waited for an answer. It took Hyewon a moment until she finally spoke up.

 

“I’m sorry for worrying you. I got a call from someone earlier today that I haven’t talked to in a while and it kinda brought my mood down.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that unnie. I won’t pry any further but just know that I’m here if you need support okay?”

 

“Yeah...thank you Minju. I guess I just need some space today to calm down.” Hyewon answered with a slight smile as she patted Minju on the shoulder.

 

“Yeah, no problem. I hope you feel better. Also, I think Minami brought some homemade cookies earlier and told me to leave it for you in the break room. She said to say ‘Hi Mommy Hyewon, I love you!’ and left.”

 

Hyewon’s smile got brighter and she pushed herself from the wall and stood straight.

 

“Thank you Minju, I’ll get them now. Hehehe that teenager....always calling me mom. I'm only a few years older than her.” she said as she then patted Minju’s head as she started to walk towards the area.

 

“Again, no problem! We’re like sisters, right? Lean on me if you want to unnie, I'll be here for support!” Minju yelled and waved goodbye to her goodbye.

 

Hyewon stopped and look back with a warm smile and a wave of her own as she disappeared. As she walked for a minute, she slowed her pace into a sudden stop as she brought her hands to her cover her face.

 

“.....of all the times ...why now?” she murmured as she stood there. For half a minute, she stayed the same until she dropped her arms and let a huge breath of air out.

 

“I need to see her soon.”

 

-----------------------------

ZI Fashion - Hours later...

 

“Miyawaki san! The photos from the shoot a few days ago are here! You look amazing!” a voice excitedly yelled from a desk near where she stood.

 

“Oh really!? Finally! I loved that Rockabilly outfit so much!” she spoke excitedly as she went to look at the pictures the person was holding. A few people came from behind them and looked at it excitedly as they started praising the shots.

 

“We should plan more Era theme shoots Sakura!!” a person yelled from the back.

 

“Ehhhhh?! I’m already busy as it is this month so maybe another one in 2 more months? I have a few articles to publish next week into the next and 1 article due tomorrow.” Sakura started listing with an embarrassed smile forming on her lips.

 

“Always a busy body huh? I'm so happy to have a person like you on the team!” another person nudged with their elbows to causing her to rub the back of her head in embarrassment.

 

“I do what I can, I guess. I just hope for a bit more free time next month...especially if Friday goes well.” 

 

“Friday? Any reason why?”

 

Sakura started blushing as she thought of the upcoming day and the short call from the night before. Her thoughts became clouded when a certain woman came into her mind.

 

“Uuuummmm n-nothing. I just have plans that night that could affect my work a bit…”

 

“Going to buy the latest game that week huh? I know how you feel since I've been drowning in releases.”

 

“Y-yeah ...definitely games.” She stated, secretly happy that people knew her intense love of games could cover any of her plans.

 

“Sakura you there!? Sakura! There’s a visitor who wants to see you!” a voice yelled from another room.

 

“Huh? Really?! Kind of busy today since I didn’t expect anybody or any schedules!” she yelled back as she cupped both her hands like a megaphone.

 

“Well, you have a visitor by the name of Kang! Yes or No?”

 

‘H-Hyewon?! Oh crap! I wouldn't want to turn her away now after all those times in the past...' she thought as a sudden smile formed on her face.

 

“Yes! I’ll be at my office!” she yelled as she quickly ran like the wind towards her desk in hopes of clearing it up in time..

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter