Cherry Lollipop 2 of 8

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cherry Lollipop

 

2. A History

*****

 

In the calm of night, the sounds of footsteps slowly approached a woman who seemed lost in thought at her desk. The bright screen lit her face as she sat there disinterested in what was on in front of her as she pondered of a certain day ahead of her.

 

“Hey unnie, what’s up with you? I’ve caught you staring blankly at the screen for a few days now. Is something wrong?” a voice asked as the owner sat themselves on the side of the desk where the woman was at. She had long flowy brown hair, sharp yet elegant fox like eyes, a face that gods would envy and a killer smile that could melt any person away with it's shyness.

 

"It’s…..nothing." the woman answered.

 

“Nothing my Hyewon unnie, it’s definitely something since it’s been on your mind for the last few days. Money problems, loss in the family, crushing on someone or maybe losing in your computer games again?” the voice questioned.

 

“I’m just meeting someone in 3 days Minju ya….” Hyewon answered as she continued looking at the screen, still with no interest in it.

 

Minju made a face of surprise as she knew the older woman usually kept to herself when it came to her relationships. She became interested in the topic and leaned in closer with ears perked up like a sneaky fox.

 

“Oh, who is this person? Must be special to make you space out like that...”

 

Hyewon’s face lit up for a short moment before her eyebrows slanted upwards, a slight frown in thought.

 

“Yeah ...you can say that. But we aren’t on good terms right now ...”

 

“Who is it?” Minju questioned with a raise of the brow.

 

Hyewon looked up to the younger women finally and let out a sigh.

 

“My girlfriend from High school…..”

 

“........girlfriend from High School?! Oh my god unn-!” Minju whispered as her eyes grew the size of saucers.

 

“Yaaaaaaaah, not like that Minju ya! This was years ago when went to High School together!”

 

Minju put one hand to her heart and let out a sigh of relief as smiled embarrassingly for thinking something completely different.

 

“Ohhh heheh, I’m an idiot! That's much better…..so why are you nervous?"

 

Hyewon's face turned serious for a moment before she started answering.

 

“It’s because I haven’t really seen her in years actually. I caught a glimpse of her last year but I never gotten to actually go and talk to her until a few days ago. I mean I’ve tried to but things didn’t go the way I've planned them to.”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that unnie. Also wait...you said she’s your girlfriend from High School and you haven’t seen each other in years? How is that? Is she an ex you mean?” the younger woman face scrunched up at the thought as she tried to figure out what she meant.

 

“Well ...technically we never broke up.” Hyewon answered.

 

“Huh? Then how is she your girlfriend still?”

 

Hyewon leaned back on her computer chair as she looked at the ceiling of her work area as she answered.

 

“She’s not…but like I said, we never got a chance to break up...not that we wanted to anyway.” She said in a rather sad tone of voice.

 

“Why?”

 

“I’ll tell you another time…” Hyewon replied with a small smile, causing the younger woman to groan and get up off the desk.

 

“Awwww, leaving me hanging like that unnie? Even though we’ve known each other for awhile now, you just don’t like talking a lot huh?” Minju crossed her arms as she let out a small pout of disapproval.

 

“Heh....not really…” Hyewon smirked at the woman's pout.

 

“Sometimes I wonder what goes in that mind of yours since you always look so bored.” the brunette wondered as she started tapping her chin.

 

“You know...this and that. Food...Fashion...Food...Games...TV Shows...Food.” Hyewon shrugged.

 

“Hehehe of course. Anyway, you’re meeting her again on Friday?”

 

“Yeah ...to talk things out. Seeing her up close made me too eager and I think I went a bit overboard.” she said as she started messing around with her hair thinking of the things she did days before.

 

“How? Did you try to kiss her or something?”

 

“No, nothing like that but I did make it super SUPER clear that I was still very interested in her and our relationship." Hyewon stated with a rather wide smirk on her face as she slightly bit her lips.

 

"Details unnie!" Minju came forward with her hands balled up as if she was begging to know. Hyewon chuckled and patted her head to .

 

"Eager are you?"

 

"Of course! I love hearing love and romance stories! Even tragic ones but those make me cry a lot…." Minju spoke as she now clutched her hands into one as she looked in the air in a dream like state.

 

"No wonder you have all those books at your desk huh? Well as for 'how' I showed her I was interested, it involved a lollipop…"

 

The younger woman tilted her head and scrunched her face in confusion.

 

"A lollipop?" Minju questioned.

 

"It came with her but it left with me...get it?." Hyewon stated as she mimicked the action of eating a lollipop and giving it to someone.

 

"....oh….oohhhhhhhhhh."

 

"She stuck it in my mouth to shut me up but I kept in the end...not before putting it back in first though." Hyewon said with a smirk and a wink causing Minju’s eyes to widen.

 

"Wow unnie…..that's very very flirtatious and seductive ...like super on the nos-"

 

"I know! I only did it because of how she acted towards me. Back then she was such a cute goofball, a bit reserved until you actually get to know her. She was amazing once you got to know her and she showed a side that people never saw…I was lucky. As for the current her? Cold in her words and actions....but it was pretty hot seeing her like that admittedly.”

 

“How?”

 

“I'm so used to the reserved but quirky girl from back then that seeing her now all commanding and stuff kinda hits in a different way....if you get what I'm saying. But still...even after all these years, I could read her mannerisms pretty easy. We were really close ...really REALLY close if you know what I mean.” Hyewon answered while she crossed her arms as she reminisces about her past.

 

“Uhhh ...I-I get the message...unnie. And her reaction?” the younger woman questioned as she blushed slightly from the answer she received a moment ago. 

 

"It was actually pretty tense and she was at my throat from the start but I was persistent in talking to her. Even though I’m looking forward to Friday, I’m dreading it also...she said to be ready for war.”

 

“War? Oh…..I guess it’s gonna be serious huh? Well I’ve taken enough of your time...but at least tell me how it goes okay unnie? I hope to see your face smiling when you come back after that weekend.”

 

“.....hopefully for the better…..”

 

“Doesn’t sound to promising from your tone of voice but hopefully it turns out okay! I have to go now, I’m almost done and I’m about to head out soon. And again, remember to tell me and good luck!” she said with a bow as she waved and walked off.

 

Hyewon stared at her while she left and then looked at the ceiling again.

 

“Yeah ...I'll definitely need it.”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

In another part of the city a few blocks away, a woman slept on her desk after she finished her work for the day. It was well past 9 as footsteps quickly approached the office labeled ‘Print Journalist’.

 

*Knock* *Knock*

 

“Senpai….senpai?” a voice called out as she opened the door and peeked in. Her skin was white as snow that complimented her long blonde hair held in a neat ponytail. While she was pretty slim yet built, her cheeks were round and soft as mochi they highlighted her adorable face. She looked towards the desk and saw the woman sleeping with her eyes slightly open. She slowly opened the door, tiptoed towards the sleeping beauty and was about to shake her awake until she saw that she was holding a photo. She leaned to look over and saw it was a picture of 2 high school girls hugging each other, one with short black hair and the other with long black hair. The short-haired girl sat on the other girl’s lap as they hugged each other tightly with a mountain in the background that made it seemed like it was a trip. She tried to get a closer look but the sleeping beauty began stirring awake so she backed away and tapped her shoulder gently.

 

"Uhhhhgggghh….mmmmm?"

 

"Sakura Senpai." the woman whispered as she kept tapping on the other woman’s shoulder. Sakura finally awoke and looked up at the woman with a smile as the latter did the same. She rubbed her eyes a bit to clear her vision as she grabbed a pair of glasses nearby.

 

“....Hiichan?”

 

“You fell asleep again. Have you been staying up late? You know you should be getting your rest right?” Hitomi aka Hiichan asked in a slightly stern voice.

 

Sakura started stretching her limbs as she swayed back and forth on the chair and then let a deep yawn out.

 

“I know, I know ...I'm just juggling so many things these past few days that my brain just shuts down every now and then.”

 

“Also who’s the pretty girl in that picture with you? Is that when you were younger?” Hitomi pointed at the picture that was laying on the desk.

 

“Huh?”

 

“That picture you were holding right there...”

 

Sakura’s eyes widen as she tried to cover it up with an awkward chuckle.

 

“Oh crap! Uhh hehehe…..that’s uhhhh no one.”

 

Hitomi narrowed her eyes causing Sakura’s face to heat up under the younger woman’s scrutiny. The younger woman had a soft face that could turn deadly in an instant and she'd use it from time to time.

 

“Are you sure? You two look like a couple.” she asked. For some reason, it made Sakura frown as she looked at the picture again. She stared at it for a few moments before answering.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter