A Promise with You in LA (Completed)

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Promise with You in LA

(A/N: Random surprise story! Inspired by Hyekura's La La Land pics and LA trip.)

------------------------------------------------

 

Late Summer. A time for traveling, enjoying the last few weeks of warm weather, and maybe drinking a little too hard in a different state.

 

The sounds of birds singing crept in the mind of a woman who now felt the sun shining right on her face as she tried to pull the blanket over herself. She let out a small disapproval grunt at the birds for waking her up as her eyes began to flutter open. As her brain began to start back up from it’s groggy state, she noticed how warm she felt on one side of her body and also felt a foreign object on her stomach bare stomach. 

 

“So warm ...feels nice……..”

 

From that, her eyes instantly shot awake as she turned her head and faced a beautiful and unknown stranger in bed whose face was merely inches away from hers.

 

‘What the HELL?!’ she thought as she started to look around the room and noticed that it was not her own. She started to panic as she pulled the blanket off and noticed that the woman’s arm was draped over her bare stomach and thankfully, she was still fully clothed. Her movement caused the woman to unconsciously pull her in closer as she let out a small yelp in protest. The noise caused the stranger’s eye to open as they both stared at each other in silence...one with eyes completely wide as saucers.

 

“........uhhh…..hey.” the stranger let out weakly as she started to sit up.

 

The woman sat up as well and then felt a sharp pain in her head as she started to rub her forehead.

 

“Where am I and what happened?” she asked wearily.

 

“You don’t remember?” the stranger replied.

 

The woman frowned as she hoped nothing too crazy went down.

 

“......uhhh…..no…...please don’t tell me I-”

 

“You got drunk.” she replied instantly.

 

Fear began piling up in the woman’s head as random thoughts and scenarios started popping up in the woman’s mind.

 

“Oh god...oh god...oh G-”

 

“Don’t worry, I didn’t do anything! I was at the same place where you were drinking at and you were passed out on the counter.” the stranger interrupted as she worriedly waved her hands in front of the woman. The woman took noticed and her eyes pleaded to understand what happened afterwards and the stranger took note of the woman’s facial expressions.

 

“Yeah...you were like completely drunk but you were talking about losing your keys somewhere and then you started crying at the bar counter about killing the peanuts you ate. I think you called beer ‘gold blood’ as you started drinking more.”

 

“Oh god…..”

 

“You was like ….’I’m sorry Mr. Peanut...but I must consume your soul to find the lost treasure of Pokemon to defeat the evil Naruto Gundam. Sergeant Nutz, your soul is the sweetest like Coca Cola chocolate and you gives me the most experience points.”

 

“..........oh god.”

 

“Also something about you being a Princess Oppa who saved hotdogs from Outer Space Samurai Otters…...”

 

“.................please tell me you’re lying.”

 

The stranger looked at her emotionless and didn’t utter a single word.

 

The woman facepalmed and shook her head as her face and ears started to become pink from embarrassment. “Oh…..my…...god. I’m dead ...I'm literally dead right now. Let this bed be my coffin for I have died. Please be my undertaker and cover my body with these sheets.”

 

The stranger chuckled heartily at the woman’s expressions and words and put a hand on the woman’s shoulder.

 

“Sorry, but I’m staying here and I don’t want to be charged with having a dead body here.” she stated.

 

“......okay….okay…..what happened next?” the woman asked as she stared at the stranger intently.

 

“Well I was there and admittedly, there were some shady people at the bar who wanted to take advantage of the situation but I stepped in and said that you were my girlfriend. They questioned me on why I sat somewhere else when you were drunk and I just told them that we had a slight argument so I sat at a table instead.”

 

The woman’s cheeks warmed up at the thought of this stranger saving her from what could be a bad encounter.

 

“Since I’m a tourist here, I didn’t have a car so I called a taxi to pick us up. I had to princess carry you back to my hotel but thankfully it was 2 am so there wasn’t much people out to give me weird looks.”

 

The woman smiled gently and bowed slightly. “Thank you...I don’t know what would’ve happened if you weren’t there. I rarely drink at all so I don’t know what got into me yesterday. Heck, I don’t even know how much I drank yesterday so I’m grateful to have kind people like you looking out for me. You’re a life saver….”

 

The woman returned the smile and placed her hand on the woman’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah...no problem, I just didn’t want anything bad to happen but I think the bartender knew as well and thank me for helping you out. He was a bit busy at the time but he said he was gonna look for your keys after everyone left.”

 

The woman began looking around the room and noticed that it was in a bit of a mess with clothes being everywhere and random souvenirs here and there. The stranger saw her looking at various places in the room and shyly rubbed the back of her head as she let a giggle of embarrassment out.

 

“Uhhh...yeah, it’s a bit of a mess in here. I laid you on the bed and I wanted to clean up the sofa to sleep on it but it was nearing 2:30am and I was too tired from touring the city earlier in the day. I wanted to let you sleep alone on the bed but yeah…..”

 

“I see ...it's understandable. I should apologize for causing you so much tro-”

 

“You know, you tend to move a lot when you sleep.”

 

“....huh?”

 

“......you move a lot when you sleep.”

 

“..........really?”

 

“Yeah…..there were times where you’d lean your head right on my shoulders...or you trying to hug me all night.”

 

A face of guilt showed upon the woman as she bowed her head deep.

 

“I’M SORRY! I DIDN’T KNO-”

 

“No no no, it’s okay! Really!” the stranger blurted out.

 

“IT MUST’VE BEEN REALLY UNCOMFORT-”

 

“Don’t worr-”

 

“OH GOD, I HOPE I DIDN’T GRA-”

 

“You didn’t! Really! It was mostly hugs and stuff!”

 

“BUT STIL-”

 

“I ACTUALLY LIKED IT!”

 

“HUGGI-……...wait…...what?”

 

The stranger lowered her head and blushed.

 

“.....I said I liked it.”

 

“………...oh.”

 

“....but I didn’t do anything, honest! I wouldn’t take advantage of someone in your state of mind! But admittedly…...it did feel nice to be comforted by someone warm in bed.”

 

The stranger’s gaze shot back up to look at the woman’s eyes as they silently stared at each other. After a few moments, they both broke it off as their faces turn pink.

 

“Uhh…..so. I think I got to go…”

 

The stranger turned and moved her legs out of the bed as she got up to stretch her body. The woman took notice of her nicely shaped body in her tank top and shorts and felt her cheeks started heating up suddenly.

 

“Are you sure? You don’t have a hangover after all that drinking? I have some pills you can take if you do.” the stranger worriedly asked as she went to the dining area while looking through some bags. After finding a small bottle, she then went to the fridge to get a bottle of water and started walking back to the woman.

 

The woman found herself staring the whole time and shook her head to clear her thoughts.

 

“......yeah I do actually….” the woman said as she got up as well but felt her head getting wobbly. She started to stumble a bit before getting caught by the stranger’s arms.

 

“Hey, don’t rush yourself! Hangovers are no joke especially for people who don’t drink much!” the stranger warned as she sat the woman down on the bed again.

 

“.....I’m sorry.” the woman murmured silently as if she was scolded.

 

The woman handed her the bottle of water and 2 hangover pills and sat beside her. “About what? People get drunk sometimes…”

 

The woman took the pills and popped it in as she opened the bottle of water and started to drink it. She then shook her head and looked at the stranger again.

 

“But still...I’m a tourist also and this was my first night here. To get this level of drunk is pure idiocy on my part.”

 

The stranger opened her eyes in wonder and beamed. “You’re a tourist too?! Where ya from?”

 

The woman took note of her excitement and smiled. “Studying in New York for the past few years but I’m from Japan.”

 

“Really?! Cool, I’m in a similar situation! I’m currently studying and living in Seattle but I’m from South Korea. The name’s Kang Hyewon.” the stranger said as she held her hand out for a shake.

 

“Kang...Hyewon? It’s nice to meet you Hyewon, my name is Miyawaki Sakura.” the woman answered as she took Hyewon’s hand into her own and shook it.

 

“Sakura? Like the Cherry Blossoms? No wonder you’re pretty! Your English is great!” she teased causing Sakura to blush slightly.

 

“Ahhh ...thanks….your English sounds perfect.” she bowed to Hyewon slightly embarrassed.

 

Hyewon got up and started to slightly jump in place in excitement as she suggested an idea. “Hey, we can be like tourist buddies! I’m traveling alone and it’s kinda intimidating being here in L.A…..what do you say?”

 

The woman looked at her excitement and couldn’t help but feel the same as she smiled also.

 

“That’s a pretty nice idea actually. I think I should go find my keys first though...I feel a bit dirty.”

 

“No problem! I’ll go with you and then you can go change up at wherever your hotel is at.”

 

“I stay at ***** Hotel.” said Sakura.

 

“Uhh…..this is the hotel.” Hyewon laughed at the realization.

 

“Are you serious?! We have the same hotel too? You’re a literal angel in disguise! What floor is this?” Sakura questioned as she started to get more and more excited.

 

“The 5th floor, Room F-505.”

 

“Oh, so you’re 3 floors above. I’m on the 2nd floor at Room B-102.”

 

“That means we can visit each other often! You’re really gonna be my tourist buddy since we stay so close to each other.” Hyewon pumped her fists excitedly since she wanted to know the woman in front of her better.

 

“This is pretty exciting! We can go eat breakfast after we clean ourselves up.” exclaimed Sakura.

 

“Alright Sakura! After this, let’s start our adventure!”

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

2 days later.

 

In a cozy hotel room, the sounds coming from a TV screen filled the dark living area as 2 faces stared at the screen, mesmerized at what was going on. They sat in the darkness with blankets over their legs as they anticipated something to happen on the screen at m.

 

“Oh no….oh no...he’s by himself in the basement! Why did they do that! Who the hell would want to go inside an old small elevator?!” screamed Sakura as she began putting a pillow in front of her face as the woman beside her chuckled at the big scaredy cat.

 

“Kids will be kids. I dare you this, I dare you that...you know? Besides, it’s only ghosts. I don’t think they…..oh my god, is that a zombie?! It’s CRAWLING TOWARDS HIM!” yelled Hyewon as the action started amping up causing her to grab Sakura’s pillow to cover herself too. Both of their legs started to kick simultaneously in sync as they watched the monster on the screen.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” “AHHHHHHHHHHHHH” they both screamed as the monster got closer to the boy.

 

*Bbbbbbwwwwwwwwwww*

 

All of a sudden, the electricity turned off as they both screamed and hugged each other tightly.

 

“What the hell just happened?!” questioned Hyewon as she looked around the darkened room.

 

“Don’t leave! I’m scared!” Sakura pleaded as she held onto the woman tightly by her waist.

 

“Well I can’t see anything yet until my eyes get adjusted to the dark ...also we have food everywhere and I wouldn’t want to kick and spill everything walking around like an idiot in the dark.” Hyewon replied.

 

“Let’s just stay like this!”

 

“......hehehe ...you're THAT scared Sakura?”

 

“It literally ended on the zombie ghost coming towards the screen! Why wouldn’t I be scared?! It’s still in my mi-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

 

“Ahahahahahaha….cuuuuuute.”

 

“HYEWON! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!”

 

“I don’t know...I just felt lik-owwwww!” a soft slap on the shoulder was heard and the sound of metal clanging on the floor.

 

“Stop exaggerating, I barely touched you!” Sakura defended.

 

“......no, it’s not that, I think I accidentally poked my hand with the small knife I was using to cut the sandwich with.” said Hyewon

 

“The one you had beside you? Why didn’t you put it away on the table like I told you?”

 

“........yes…..and I forgot...hehehe? I think I’m bleeding though.”

 

“Jesus Hyewon….let me see your finger.” Sakura commanded as she grabbed Hyewon’s arm and then turned the light on her phone to see the wound.

 

“Wow...I thought it was your finger but it’s your palm? It’s a bit deeper than a regular cut too. Do you have any band aids or rags? I’ll wipe the blood coming out with napkins but it won’t hold well.”

 

“.....no. I have towels but I wouldn’t want the hotel towel to be red with my blood.”

 

“Ehhhhh? Oh well, I’ll just use my old headband. Give me the bastard that cut you.” spoke Sakura as she took off her pink headband and pointed to the offending knife.

 

“Are you sure? A few days ago, you said that headband was your favorite right?”

 

“Hyewon, you’re bleeding...I couldn’t care less about my headband than I do you. Now give me that knife would ya?”

 

Hyewon could only stare in slight awe at the woman as the latter was illuminated by the light of her phone. She didn’t expect to hear the woman say that she cared for her since they were still new to each other. It gave her a slight fluttering feeling in her stomach that she didn’t feel before.

 

From that, she knew the woman sitting beside her was beautiful but she never noticed that the woman’s features seemed to jump out at her more at that very moment. The soft light that hit her face seemed to radiate her beauty as she looked at the big eyes staring back at her. She felt a slight blush coming through and the fluttering in her stomach grow bigger as she noticed the eyes started questioning her. She was thankful it was dark as she then broke the stare and searched for a shiny object on the floor. After picking it up, she handed it to Sakura who continued to stare at her with a tilt of her head.

 

“Do you think you can hold my phone with your other hand as I work on your wounded one?” Sakura asked as she grabbed Hyewon’s wounded hand to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter