There She Was (Completed)

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There She Was

*****

(A/N: Dear new readers, this first story is completely different from my usual writing style and it will give a different impression on my writing. If you would like to read a fic that is more in line with how I usually write my stories, I suggest you read Cherry Lollipop 1 as a start! Thank you)

*****

------------------------

 

There she was.

 

This was my 3rd day of seeing her on the bus and I wondered if she was gonna be a regular from now on.

 

‘I hope so’ I thought as a caught a short glimpse of her side profile and slowly walked past her and sat down a few seats down where i usually sit at.

 

All I know is that everytime I get on, just seeing her manages to wake me up better than the usual coffee I usually get afterwards.

 

Was it because of my heart beating fast every time I saw her? I honestly don’t know but it seems to work every time so what can I to say otherwise?

 

I wish I had the courage to talk to her but her face told me otherwise as it always seemed stoic and distant as her eyes always gaze out the window.

 

‘Is she sad? Does she wants to be left alone? Where is she going.’ I thought as the questions keep coming.

 

I still can’t forget the first day I saw her as I walked in and froze on the spot as we both stared at each other for the first time.

 

With an apologetic bow, I said sorry and went on my way as she suddenly filled my mind for the next few days.

 

There were times that I wanted to just go and take the seat beside her but nope, I’m still just a coward when it comes to meeting new people.

 

‘You can do this, just believe in yourself!’ I always thought but in the battle between my brain and body, my body always seems to react in fear...the fear of being rejected.

 

I sighed and looked out the window as I pondered if I can get over this simple yet powerful fear of mine.

 

10 minutes has passed and my stop was coming up and I only thought of lines I could come up if I did manage to get over my weakness.

 

Would a simple ‘hi’ do or should I try something cheesy to make her laugh?

 

‘Hey there baby, you’re making me go crazy.’...no, that would make me look like a psycho.

 

‘Why hello there beautiful, dunno about you but you make my heart grow.’...nope, that would make me seem like a ert.

 

‘Hi’.....yeah that will do.

 

Ahh crap, my stop is now here and I get up and slowly pass her again before I quickly glance behind me for a final look.

 

Unfortunately for me, her eyes met mine again causing me to panic and looked away as I got off the bus and walked away.

 

I didn’t dare to look back as I walk towards my workplace dreading the upcoming day when I get back on the bus.

 

----------------------

 

I stood there silently with thoughts running through my head as I waited.

 

‘She’ll definitely say something to me and call me out’ I speculated as I hear the bus coming closer.

 

The bus came to a stop and I didn’t dare to look up at the window as I knew she would be there staring down at me.

 

I slowly walked up the steps and unbeknownst to me, there she was with another.

 

‘Who is she’ I silently thought as I got nearer.

 

As I was about to pass her, she looked at me with an expression I couldn’t figure out.

 

I bowed my head and passed them both with a concerned look on my face.

 

As I sat down where I usually do, I noticed that she was more lively than she’s ever showed me before.

 

The beauty was smiling and talking unlike her usual self and it made me wonder...who was that woman beside her?

 

‘Friends or more?’ seem to echo across my mind as I sat there staring at them like a loser who just lost a big game. 

 

Those duck like lips protruding every time she talked...she seemed kind of funny actually.

 

'Are you my rival?' I thought in my head throughout the ride.

 

Her lips are amazingly hilarious as I tried not to chuckle. My eyes smiled at their interactions but I'm being too nosy so I looked away.

 

'I wish i had friends.' I thought sadly which made me frown.

 

I looked back up and the Duck Girl was looking at me. She waved at me excitedly with a dorky smile.

 

I waved back shyly and smiled.

 

My crush was looking out the window but the duck mouthed something silently to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter