It Was Love

It Was Love

   

It was the smell of something sweet and delicious that woke him up from the deep slumber he had. Scrutinizing the clock on the far wall, he got up from the laying down and scratched his chest in dazed. Looking around the silent room, he realized that he was alone. Searching for his last night’s companion, he knew for her was not inside the room with him, as the traces of their scattering clothes from last night were cleaned and piled inside the laundry trunk near the bathroom, as there was no sound coming from the in-suite closed bathroom next to the vanity and as there was also no one inside the walk-in wardrobe from the darkness that it ensued.

Getting up from his spot, he saw the side of hers had been turned up and he did the same to his before picking up the new boxer shorts and wore it as he trotted down the path to the bathroom. He did his morning routine as always before going out of the room only in his boxers and hair still tousled from his night slumber, only fresh face and minty breath. Padding into the wafting smell of the sweet batter, he saw her standing by the stove, her back to him, clad in his old baggy sweater shirt that was clearly too big for her frame as it fall off her right shoulder, as well as the hem of the shirt that stopped by the back of her knees, as she stood eyes fixated onto the cooking that was on heat.

Leaning by the frame of the open arch from his side, he reminisced on how they got together as a smile appeared onto his façade. Almost chuckling, he held his voice in as he observed the ignorant little lady there. She was beautiful, to him at least so he didn’t really care what others think. She shone his dull world and he knew he would always have her no matter what, when or where. She was that selfless for him that made he thanked every star in the sky to finally give her to him. They were never friends at first as they walked down on two very different groups. He was all the free hip-hop vibe while for her to hold onto the soft ballad musical thing.

Maybe one thing that was the same for them were their passion for music and family. They met from a mutual friend, and it was almost a love from the first sight for him. She was an easy-going person so there was no awkwardness in between them. She laughed to all he joked and listened to all he said. He loved that he got her attention for the whole night and yet crumbled once he knew that she was always that attentive. She did the same to all her friends and there was no exception for him who silently became her friend for now. He hated how she played him that night. Well he surely did feel on being played and led onto nothing.

So, he also led her around. Played with other girls while observing on how she would react. One small mistake and he hated himself more. Asking another girl for a relationship just to make the other jealous was low for him, which he admitted now. He never intended to be in a relationship with the girl, but his brain won’t function well after some booze. He had lessened down his drinking habit after that stupid scene. He tried to be happy with that relationship but it was stagnant as it could get. The crush of his also departed away from his life once she knew of his new relationship, yet they were friends then so there was no avoiding still the awkwardness was added in the air now.

The brief relationship was not that long and she was there for his heartbreak, though to be honest, he wasn’t that breaking apart once it ended. If there was someone who was breaking was the other girl, who was clearly wrong for being in such place and time. That night, where she coaxed his breaking heart, he kissed her and she went away from him. She stilled and pushed him off her as she said three things before leaving him behind, 1)to not be doing another mistake, 2)she wasn’t his ex to be kissed around and 3)she won’t be the rebound of his new plot. He was shocked but he knew where she came from to say something as that.

At first he thought, she was jealous but digging deeper, he didn’t think so anymore as the kiss was never one mentioned anywhere in the conversation they had. She treated him just as usual, as if the kiss was never bothering her and it only bothered him alone. He had a taste of hers and he never could think of another. It was only a brief taste, only a small glimpse of what he could have and yet he regretted how it came to be. He knew she was a courteous girl, so it was only fair for her to be courted like a princess that she was, but no, he went and stole her kiss as she was comforting him for what according to her a heart breaking moment.

He remedied their friendship from there and tried to be casual but he couldn’t, not when she was doing fine all by herself. He was determined to have her and make her his, and that was his goal of life now. His music project was one chance that he saw how to do just that. Writing and composing a whole song, with her as his muse, with her in his mind, he called her to feature on his newly album. She was shocked as it was an impossible thought of hers. ‘It Was Love’ he said and gave her the demo to be listened to and to tell him what her thought was. She said ‘It Was Love’ and she would gladly do the song but didn’t have faith whether she would do his piece a justice.

What her thought hadn’t bothered him and he quickly arranged their official meetings through her management team before she changed her mind. They met a few times for the song as the reason, but he was slowly kicking his magic around hers, showing her the other side of his that she rarely seen. He sent her home when their meetings finished late, and brought her food and drinks to help her ease around his studio. She was being comfortable around him was the next step that he had expected. She shown him the new side of hers that he never knew and he liked her more instead of being turned off. He was a complete gentleman when he was with her, well he did try his best to be one.

There was countless of times when he couldn’t help but to when they were together. He knew she was dieting but he shoved all those favorites of hers to be eaten. He knew she was being picked for short and plump but he loved that about her. There’s more to tease he joked and laughed once she glared at him. Six months. Six months were what he took to hold himself from pounding right back onto her after that simple peck. He eased her into what his friends teased as a false comfort but who cares, he was determined and he was sure that he will get her this time around. He had dropped more hints that needed but she played obtuse.

All his friends knew about his infatuation towards her, that they helped him by teasing them around yet only he was affected from it. All the teases only made he blushed. All the jokes only left him speechless. He always caught a glimpse towards her but she showed nothing to reveal her feelings as she just laughed, ignoring their attempts to joke and pull her legs around. His best used to pat him on the back and asked just why he chose such an obtuse woman to fall instead and he got nothing to rebut back. He could list down all her perfectness but he knew they were useless for his friends to know. He didn’t want to enlighten them on how flawless and attractive such creature was.

After the whole half a year of what his friend so called a false comfort, he swiftly asked her for dinner intending to date and court her. He tried to make his intention clear yet she still thought of him as a friendly friend. And he was glad to play along at first. A few dates more, he was proud of himself for having such a restrained force to celibate at that time. A few dates more, he said it out loud his intention was to her. A few dates more, he saw her blushed and smiled at him, being eased into that false comfort that he created. A few dates more, he became an ‘oppa’ to her and the speech was informal then. A few dates more, he attracted to her more and more by the time went by.

Early this year, he popped her with the question. She was shocked. They were by the New Year party that his friend’s organized and they came together. He asked her as the date and he made that official to her that she accepted, despite the pink-colored cheeks that she adorned then. They stayed by each other’s side for the whole night and all his friends snickered at him for being a puppy to the little lady. Yet he had no problem being called that, though now as the teases came, she blushed harder and her cheeks were almost red despite the dimmed lightings of the party hall. When the clock its midnight chimes, he kissed her then and there.

An official their first kiss. Her lips were raspberry flavored and he was never in loved with the smell or the taste before but soon he knew it would be his favorite and he would never taste raspberry the same anymore. He nibbled on her lips softly and slowly at first, before pushing on her deeper as her hands went snaking around his nape to play his soft, baby hairs there and as his arms went around her waist to pull her closer into his space. The pent up passion that he had held on for quite long was almost unleashed then and there if not for the cat callings that they got from their immature friends who pulled them back to Earth after such a world shattering kiss.

And he was back to the ground as his eyes met the beautiful chocolate of hers that was scrutinizing his leaning, lazy form. “Good morning oppa, are you with me?” she asked teasingly as he blushed from getting caught red-handed for daydreaming. He never knew that he was able to blush but he found that ability from her. Everything that she said and did just brought him down to a fool and he would be smiling for nothing whenever she was near. “Go wear something oppa, it is cold and you don’t need to be sick now,” she reminded him and he nodded and started to turn back into his previous path. Walking back with a new white shirt and another short, he came and hugged her from behind.

Parting up her whatever hair on her nape, he planted a soft little kisses there while she concentrated on the stove still. “What were you thinking about?” she asked lightly, not caring to his sinful ministrations done to her nape. “Just something,” he simply answered and tightened his hold on her waist as he peaked his way onto the stove. “Are you done?” and she nodded her answer to him that he released his grip and walked back near the refrigerator to gather up all the plates and cutleries, as well as the packed, cold orange juice. Setting down the apparatus that he took, he was just in time with her sliding in the dining hall with a big plate of a few stacked pancakes.

Guiding her to a seat, she chuckled lightly before sitting down to the next of the opened seat. He rolled his eyes to her defiant act. Sitting down in the seat that he opened supposedly for her, he pouted lightly in her direction as she plucked the pancake into his plate. She drizzled down a lot of honey before placing it in front of him. She pecked his pout away and swiftly turned to start on her own plate, “Eat oppa, we got an early schedule so we really need to get ready after this breakfast,” she demanded easily of him. “I hate our job,” he sighed as he complained and ate at the same time. “No you’re not, that’s the baby Zico talking and as much as I love him, I love the adult version more,” she rebutted and winked.

“Ah, I corrupted you again,” and chuckled through his breakfast as he saw her blushed. No matter how mature she was in their relationship, she would still blush and color that pink-tinted cheek which he loved so much. “Shut up oppa,” she said and swatted him on the arm that was landing behind her on the back of the seat, as her cheeks colored deeper as he winked back at her. They talked on their new upcoming schedules after his laugh and her shyness subsided away. She talked about her new musical and the newest comeback of her famous ‘Luna’s Alphabet’, while for him to tell on his own impending music producing and writing project.

 

# these two give me my GTae vibe

that's how this story happened 

## blaming all the 'it was love' song~

it was simple yet beautiful :))