author's notes!

shall we love, like a tropical night of the summer?

firstly, thank you for reading this! it still requires some proofreading and editing, though, i'll do that slowly over time. 

been writing sinju exclusively recently, but you can see this one is really different from the fluff i've been creating (just bc these two are so irresistibly adorable).

this story is a splitting narrative of the two gfriend songs. in an attempt to summarise my own 'terrible' summer- like eunbi's- i formulated my thoughts into a story and found fever to be so uncannily accurate, with the lyrics AND the mv concept being the pity of a summer. and as love found its way in the story i thought paradise was truly an accurate song for this: "paradise" means an unreal place where all is good and bright, but the lyrics portray rain and the fear of love- all while finding solace and the perfect safe haven in the presence of a lover. and for this, i felt nothing was more evident than this for its portrayal of reality: as i said in the foreword, the coexistence of blessings and misfortunes, of happiness and unhappiness.

my summer too, had its fair share of setbacks that tired me out and reduced me to tears, coupled with firework-bursting experiences so dreamlike i wish i could repeat them. and i was reminded (through someone else's words- she is a writer too, i believe) of how mysterious life is, and that attributes to both the beauty of life as well as the frustration it brings us.

spelling these truths out make my summer seem less 'terrible', just as how the honest conversation between sinju in here had done. truly, setbacks renew us and steels us- or it is more accurately put in mandarin as "磨炼". and as we say goodbye to old selves, putting an end to one story of our life, a new one begins.

when the idea came, eunbi automatically was my persona- as she was for a long time now. i'm not sure what i see in shinb but i've always seen a reflection somewhere and she's been a wonderful muse. sinju, though, really because they portray such a beautiful love with yuju being such an angel and shinb loving yuju so wholly. and come to think of it, these two (im referring to their real selves!) are true portrayals of their actual baptismal names- yuju being angela bc she's a true angel, shinb being esther, the girl who used to hide behind her problems in timidity before turning into a courageous queen who had a purpose (the bible story). that was also slightly portrayed by eunbi in this fic, but the story is too concise to see how, bc it's only shortened to this conversation between them one evening.

i hope you guys enjoyed the story as much as i enjoyed writing- tho more than enjoyment is was really like reflection for me, and if it managed to evoke any form of reflection for you i'd be more than grateful! once again the author's notes is full of my blabbering, and i'm sorry for that xDD thank you for reading my fic and for my familiar readers, thank you again :D