in this forgotten scenery, with you, it's paradise

shall we love, like a tropical night of the summer?

“What about you? Aren’t there times, you’d feel disappointed, or unhappy?” Eunbi asks, curious, knowing that Yuna’s life cannot be a piece of cake. There are those people sometimes, Eunbi has come to realise, where everything just seems easy for them, setbacks seeming so minor that they can walk away unaffected with their unchanging smile, but Yuna doesn’t seem like one of them. 

“Of course. We all live in this world. And at times, it feels even worse when it’s myself that I’m disappointed in. But we all have our coping mechanisms. And we all have our own medicine that makes us feel better despite misfortunes," Yuna speaks with her eyes on the horizon. The setting sun sets ablaze a range of hues across the sky; Eunbi watches as people and cars as tiny as toys hustle below them in the evening peak. 

“I tell you sometimes, don’t I? When things go wrong and I feel like there’s a dark cloud hovering above me and perpetually raining down on me," Yuna lets the unvarnished conversation continue. "But they don't kill me. 

"Because for each time it happens, you are there for me," Yuna's eyes soften and she turns to Eunbi. 

Eunbi, feeling as the silence falls upon them, takes a step back from the railings and retracts her arms. 

"Even if it rains, I don't need an umbrella if I'm with you," Yuna speaks again, after a deep breath. 

After another moment of silence, this time slightly lengthened, Eunbi breaks into a small chuckle. It falls sweetly on Yuna’s ears, spreading warmth in her anxious heart. Relieved, Yuna joins in the laugh.

“I did not know what kind of effect I'd have on you," Eunbi laughs, her lips finally revealing a smile for the first time in this encounter. 

It's you, meeting you has changed me, and this summer I feel an ecstasy I've never felt before, Yuna says in her heart.

"Sometimes, you make our time together seem like a dream. But I know it isn't, because life just keeps showering us with thunders and rains. But you make it okay, even if we end up drenched," Yuna speaks her mind with a smile on her lips.